Recommitted Darcy Parish - re-signed until 2028!

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tested the waters, didn’t get anywhere near what he thought he should and went back to what he knows best.

I reckon Lucas.

It looks like Essendon put a good contract on the table but not a great one.

Lucas went fishing for other bigger contracts to drive Essendons offer up but found nothing.

This.

I reckon Lucas.

Lucas went fishing for other bigger contracts to drive Essendons offer up but found nothing.

And no hard feelings to him - genuinely the job of a player agent, if the player is interested in it, is to do that sort of thing. But the market is telling us 5 years at ballpark $700k is his area, even possibly the high end of his area.

Why not? He is 26, an All Australian, 5th in the brownlow, and averages around 30 possies per game in the last 3 years.

For the right price I would be happy to have him.

Would suit the dees territory game style very well given how good he is at winning the ball.

I guess the worry would be how he fits with Viney and Oliver

I reckon Lucas.

Essendon looking after Essendons best interests

Dodoro’s fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not? He is 26, an All Australian, 5th in the brownlow, and averages around 30 possies per game in the last 3 years.

For the right price I would be happy to have him.
And half the kicked ones actually find a team mate.
If Essendon are offering 700k and 5 years, then to get him out, it would take 800k+

Nobody is paying that.
Is a good player but not much more.

He stays.

I wonder who blinked.

Dildoro or Lucas.

Adrian would be my guess.

Mind you, I am not sure if it was his call alone..

Essendon's end to the season, esp last 2 games was a total disaster, and I feel like the club (probably falsely) believes the supporters and members need a shot in the arm of good news, and most Bomber fans will be celebrating Parish re-signing and renew their memberships etc

Essendon's end to the season, esp last 2 games was a total disaster, and I feel like the club (probably falsely) believes the supporters and members need a shot in the arm of good news, and most Bomber fans will be celebrating Parish re-signing and renew their memberships etc
If you read the room we would happily accept a band 1 compensation pick for Darcy

Alternatively

Re - signing one of the best clearance midfielders in the comp is also good news

Double edged shot of good news so win:win for Sir Adrian already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong, as usual.

I don't know who would be less excited by one of their players re-signing, Essendon fans with Parish - or North if McKay sticks around.
Us. North's key defensive stocks are abhorrent

Felt this was rather well done by both sides. Everyones cards were on the table and nothing left to conjecture or the like. Parish wanted more, Essendon offered what they felt was fair and didnt want to budge

In the end Parish didnt have the interest in him for Essendon to up the offer so he took what he got.

Would like to see more players do it this way as opposed to people like Doedee who are basically being a bit condescending to the fan base by not being honest and open

Back