Recommitted Darcy Parish - re-signed until 2028!

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon, be honest with yourself, he was a very "relucant"player for many years.

He does not deserve nor warrant a longer contract & massive pay-packet based on his career to date.

Not in the slightest.

Plenty of knocks on him. His kicking, his speed.

I'm just genuinely not sure what you've been watching. Whether you/people see the blonde hair and automatically think "pretty boy, outside, doesn't like it tough". People mistakenly did the same thing with Heppell for years.

Plenty of flaws, but hardness isn't one of them.

Parish has taken an eternity to graduate and even now, is still no worldbeater. For many years he played like a outside squib and it is only in the past two-years that he has grown some gonads.

I'd be offering him three-years maximum with an option for a fourth and on mid-range money ($450-550K).

Any club, including the Bombres, who offer him anything more than that have rocks in their head.
Well the bombers did refuse to play him as a genuine mid for a long period so it made it more difficult to win contested footy. As soon as they played him there his contested numbers went right up.

Offering 500k a year is ridiculous though.

Well the bombers did refuse to play him as a genuine mid for a long period so it made it more difficult to win contested footy. As soon as they played him there his contested numbers went right up.
Not really. I mean we definitely refused to play him in the middle for a while under Worsfold when we had Jobe and Heppell and Goddard and whatever on the list, and his numbers would naturally improve with proximity.

But the big jump for him was after he had played full time mid for a year or so, it took another year to make that jump in 2021 because he was working with Blake Caracella over that pre-season and was taught to run smarter, which he spoke about in an interview later in the year when he was getting every BOG medal and AA squad selection and whatever.

Before that he was running around getting GPS numbers without making the impact you'd expect for a midfielder with the amount of effort he was expending, and then getting tired late in the game from all the running he'd done and having even less impact from that.
Offering 500k a year is ridiculous though.
I'm pretty sure that's a troll doing troll things.

I am legitimately confused on why he still hasn't signed yet. This has to be close to one of the most drawn out contract sagas in the history of the game, lol.

He needs to realise he's not worth any more than the Bombers are offering, and just sign and move on with his life. Very odd to think that he should be getting paid in the same bracket as the Top 50 players in the game; which he definitely isn't at this stage.

Last edited:
I am legitimately confused on why he still hasn't signed yet. This has to be close to one of the most drawn out contract saga in the history of the game, lol.

He needs to realise he's not worth any more than the Bombers are offering, and just sign and move on with his life. Very odd to think that he should be getting paid in the same bracket as the Top 50 players in the game; which he definitely isn't at this stage.
I get what you are saying but I think there is a club out there who would pay him at the very bottom end of that bracket if it meant not having to pay draft picks for him. He is a limited player whose strengths are still pretty good.

I get what you are saying but I think there is a club out there who would pay him at the very bottom end of that bracket if it meant not having to pay draft picks for him. He is a limited player whose strengths are still pretty good.

It's actually surprising that we're not that club given our lack of midfield depth, but as always, our pay structure remains supreme and we won't tweak it for anyone.

There's no universe where Parish gets paid more than Tom Stewart - and that's just one example. I would imagine clubs like North, Saints and Tigers might do it, but is Parish likely to want to leave to go to those clubs? Was whispers of Collingwood being interested before Mitchell went there, but that ship has probably sailed too.

I honestly just can't see how he doesn't stay and sign for less than he wants, as it just doesn't seem like anyone out there think he's worth any more than what Essendon are paying anyway.

It's actually surprising that we're not that club given our lack of midfield depth, but as always, our pay structure remains supreme and we won't tweak it for anyone.

There's no universe where Parish gets paid more than Tom Stewart - and that's just one example. I would imagine clubs like North, Saints and Tigers might do it, but is Parish likely to want to leave to go to those clubs? Was whispers of Collingwood being interested before Mitchell went there, but that ship has probably sailed too.

I honestly just can't see how he doesn't stay and sign for less than he wants, as it just doesn't seem like anyone out there think he's worth any more than what Essendon are paying anyway.
I think parish would have been just what Collingwood needed, as it turned out they went for Mitchell who at his best has been excellent for them but been a bit up and down sadly.

I still think parish finds his suitor though. I guess we find out soon enough.

Not much in here about what club is interested in giving Parish 6 years at 700k plus. Geelong the obvious but haven't heard any other club interested.

Also if Essendon are pushing him out and are recruiting McKay and possibly Gresham then there basically giving Parish away for no return except saving Salary space.

Why not? He is 26, an All Australian, 5th in the brownlow, and averages around 30 possies per game in the last 3 years.

For the right price I would be happy to have him.
Do you think he might overlap too much with viney/Oliver? My club couldn't fit both Mitchell and Worpel in the same midfield. (Your guys are obviously better but I think the point still kinda stands)

Do you think he might overlap too much with viney/Oliver? My club couldn't fit both Mitchell and Worpel in the same midfield. (Your guys are obviously better but I think the point still kinda stands)

Agree, just more of the same I think.

Rather save the cap space for bigger gaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, just more of the same I think.

Rather save the cap space for bigger gaps.
Your team is elite but you do still have holes. Although I like the potential for JvR to fill your biggest one.

It would allow Petracca to play as a permanent forward and also ease the load off Viney.

Our midfield depth is not fantastic once you get past Sparrow and Rivers.

It would allow Petracca to play as a permanent forward and also ease the load off Viney.

Our midfield depth is not fantastic once you get past Sparrow and Rivers.
James Jordan?

Back