Recommitted Tom Papley [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-signed last year to 2028, but there's a bit of chatter going around that he's looking at possibly heading back to Vic earlier and that clubs are aware.

Carlton had a fair crack last time.

What's he worth?

Lives a mere one-hour flight from Vic for crying out loud.
We shouldn't see any interstate clubs lose players to 'home' by this logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have the $ can't imagine its us unless we let some players go like Silvagni and Fisher

and your first rounder really won't be good enough for Papley either.

Sydney do need an inside mid and a tall defender but I look at Carlton's list and I can't see anyone that fits that at bill that Carlton would realistically be willing to hand over. Carlton are not trading away a Cripps or Walsh.

Whenever I watch him he looks like a player not wanting to play for Sydney.

Papley has been playing injured this year. Was revealed a few weeks ago he has been playing with a broken rib so don't take his 2023 form as his standard. Pay attention to how he played in 2022.

and your first rounder really won't be good enough for Papley either.

Sydney do need an inside mid and a tall defender but I look at Carlton's list and I can't see anyone that fits that at bill that Carlton would realistically be willing to hand over. Carlton are not trading away a Cripps or Walsh.

Papley has been playing injured this year. Was revealed a few weeks ago he has been playing with a broken rib so don't take his 2023 form as his standard. Pay attention to how he played in 2022.

At Papley's Age (turns 28 next year) a pick in the teens seems about right to me.

Anyhow we don't really need him any more, got a good group of Young Mosquito Fleet Small forwards coming through the ranks, plus we have Matt Owies to play Papley's part of opposition player and supporter s**t stirrer to a tee !

Anyhow I don't think the Swans will let him go tbh.

At Papley's Age (turns 28 next year) a pick in the teens seems about right to me.

Anyhow we don't really need him any more, got a good group of Young Mosquito Fleet Small forwards coming through the ranks, plus we have Matt Owies to play Papley's part of opposition player and supporter s**t stirrer to a tee !

Anyhow I don't think the Swans will let him go tbh.
papley would have to be at the top of carltons shopping list this trade season if hes available

jack martin is one of the least reliable players in the afl and the rest of carltons smalls are so-so or still developing

that hff who can also attend centre bounces as an impact player is one of the most valuable commodities in the afl, and a list need for carlton

papley would have to be at the top of carltons shopping list this trade season if hes available

jack martin is one of the least reliable players in the afl and the rest of carltons smalls are so-so or still developing

that hff who can also attend centre bounces as an impact player is one of the most valuable commodities in the afl, and a list need for carlton
While all good points, we don't have the flexibility to add another long term big $ contract to our list unless we were to offload Mckay or someone similar. Either that or lose 2-3 decent role players of which we are already lacking.

While all good points, we don't have the flexibility to add another long term big $ contract to our list unless we were to offload Mckay or someone similar. Either that or lose 2-3 decent role players of which we are already lacking.
im not really across carltons salary cap but mcgovern deal ends this year, martins ends next year and i think fisher + dow would be on tidy coin and be leaving the club this year

seems doable with proper cap management to me given none of your big names are ooc and expecting big pay bumps soon

im not really across carltons salary cap but mcgovern deal ends this year, martins ends next year and i think fisher + dow would be on tidy coin and be leaving the club this year

seems doable with proper cap management to me given none of your big names are ooc and expecting big pay bumps soon
Could be the case but I think we'll be hitting the draft from the messaging we've heard from the club this year. Couple of years at the draft and then load up for a few more quality pieces in a year or two

Would love him at Essendon but at 28/29 he is too old to be giving up a high draft pick for him. (In our current position)

Either way I reckon he stays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back