Recommitted Harrison Petty [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha.. classic.. so he gets interviewed by channel 9 at the start of his round of golf.. and looks completely depressed and despondent about it all.. and sort of dumps on the dees by claiming “it was their decision“ (in other words not one he wanted)..

then he’s obviously thought whilst playing his round “Sh*t.. feel pretty worried about that interview.. could get me in the bad books with the club”.. then luckily channel 7 have turned up at the end of his round which gave him the opportunity to smooth things out a bit..

in the channel 9 interview he came across like someone who’d just spent 2 days listenning to Something for Kate albums on loop..

great Aussie band.. at the same time depressing as hell though!
Watched them live outside the Austal when they used to be able to have live bands.

Ahh good point

I wonder if it really was on the cards, could a 3 way be in the offing

Adelaide
In - Petty
Out - 14 & 20

Geelong
In - 14 + 20
Out - 8

Melbourne
In - 8
Out - Petty

Possibly but we would be screwed without him.

Ive stated to accept next year will be Harrys farwell tour; but I would not write off Port making an approach next year as well.

Understand that the dees want to keep him but thats pretty low from the dees..

lad wants to go home to be closer to family and earn probably $400k a year more than the dees will be paying him for the next two years.

Crows traded a contracted Charlie Cameron, an important player to their forward line, a week after they played in a GF… because the lions offered him a heap more coin and Charlie wanted to be close to family.

the next season the crows then traded Mitch Mcgovern who still had three years left on his contract and was a best 22 player and important to their structure because the Blues offered him a massive deal.

this competition is so immature when it comes to player trades and player movement. Needs to take a leaf out of the NRL’s playbook.

imagine forcing a player to stay where he doesnt want to be, and its very clear in that interview that him staying isnt what he wanted, and seeing him $800k out of pocket..

if this was reversed and it was Petty wanting to leave the crows to come hime to Victoria to be near family and cash in.. the vic media would be screaming from the roof tops that he should be allowed to..
So contracts don’t mean anything to you? A club has every right to hold a player to a contract they have signed. Lose him and Melbournes premiership window is slammed shut, the go home factor is a joke. Every club cops it, like you’ve stated Adelaide have copped their fair share as have Melbourne. If a player is a Pivotel piece to a potential premiership puzzle and is contracted and all of a sudden says he wants to go home because he’s home sick I’ve got no problem with a club keeping him. The money side of it or kind of feel for him but I’m sure he’ll get a fair bit added to his contract over the next year or 2, dees have plenty of cap space.

So contracts don’t mean anything to you? A club has every right to hold a player to a contract they have signed. Lose him and Melbournes premiership window is slammed shut, the go home factor is a joke. Every club cops it, like you’ve stated Adelaide have copped their fair share as have Melbourne. If a player is a Pivotel piece to a potential premiership puzzle and is contracted and all of a sudden says he wants to go home because he’s home sick I’ve got no problem with a club keeping him. The money side of it or kind of feel for him but I’m sure he’ll get a fair bit added to his contract over the next year or 2, dees have plenty of cap space.
I’d rather see the AFL take the NRL route..

More player movement.. less push back from the clubs.

I gave two examples of the crows allowing contracted players to walk.. regardless of whether the crows were in a “window” or not. Was I pissed about CC and brackets leaving at the time.. yeah, and I bet the crows were too… but they dealt with it maturely, granted the players a release from their contracts and negotiated a decent trade. It happens. You move on.

petty has already helped the dees to a flag.

just think its a bit selfish to deny a player $800k in extra earnings and an opportunity to be closer to family and friends..

but whatever.. its the dees decision to make..

I gave two examples of the crows allowing contracted players to walk.. regardless of whether the crows were in a “window” or not. Was I pissed about CC and brackets leaving at the time.. yeah, and I bet the crows were too… but they dealt with it maturely, granted the players a release from their contracts and negotiated a decent trade. It happens. You move on.

just think its a bit selfish to deny a player $800k in extra earnings and an opportunity to be closer to family and friends..

It's not selfish from the Dees if they are not getting adequate compensation (from their perspective)

He happily signed the contract and should be forced to honour it (he doesn't have a family crisis or emergency back home in SA)

Your post does have a whiff of entitlement to it.

Actually its the Crows decision to make. Picks 10 and 14 and you can have him tomorrow.

I don’t think Petty was contemplating a move to Adelaide prior to them putting a large deal in front of him. And it didn’t appear he made any demands of a trade. No doubt he asked the question and Melbourne couldn’t secure an adequate deal. We have no obligation to trade him whilst contracted and it doesn’t appear he has raised any compassionate grounds for a trade which can of course change things.

Of course he is...hopefully for Melbourne he is fully motivated now he has had his head turned by a financial offer vastly greater than what he currently earns..especially if the crows came to the party with an offer of say 14 + F2 in good faith for a good player - not quite an A grader as yet
14+f2 isn't cutting it. that's maybe why you didn't land him.

Understand that the dees want to keep him but thats pretty low from the dees..

lad wants to go home to be closer to family and earn probably $400k a year more than the dees will be paying him for the next two years.

Crows traded a contracted Charlie Cameron, an important player to their forward line, a week after they played in a GF… because the lions offered him a heap more coin and Charlie wanted to be close to family.

the next season the crows then traded Mitch Mcgovern who still had three years left on his contract and was a best 22 player and important to their structure because the Blues offered him a massive deal.

this competition is so immature when it comes to player trades and player movement. Needs to take a leaf out of the NRL’s playbook.

imagine forcing a player to stay where he doesnt want to be, and its very clear in that interview that him staying isnt what he wanted, and seeing him $800k out of pocket..

if this was reversed and it was Petty wanting to leave the crows to come hime to Victoria to be near family and cash in.. the vic media would be screaming from the roof tops that he should be allowed to..
dude, your club didn't even let Lever go to your Best and Fairest when he wanted to come to Melbourne and then he had to cop all this nonsense from Taylor Walker about him leaving for money before flags which was ironic given he won a flag at the dees.

The way Adelaide treated Lever was a disgrace.

Also, Petty signed a 2 year contract .what do you expect....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh good point

I wonder if it really was on the cards, could a 3 way be in the offing

Adelaide
In - Petty
Out - 14 & 20

Geelong
In - 14 + 20
Out - 8

Melbourne
In - 8
Out - Petty

You wouldn't be getting up to 8 from 14 with just 20 - no chance. 10 and 20 for 8 and a Future 3rd, definitely (was what I suggested prior to Trade Period when I heard you guys were interested in O'Sullivan).

Roos have apparently floated 15 and 18 for it and we rejected it...so a similar deal wouldn't interest us either.

Have the Crows moved on? Haven’t played finals for 6 years since trading Charlie. Keep him to his contract and who knows maybe he changes his mind and Adelaide aren’t in a big finals drought.

Funny how one good game up forward against Richmond has elevated this guy to be the most overrated player currently talked about being traded. If Adelaide are offering pick 10 Melbourne take it and run. A plodder who has played a handful of decent games.

You wouldn't be getting up to 8 from 14 with just 20 - no chance. 10 and 20 for 8 and a Future 3rd, definitely (was what I suggested prior to Trade Period when I heard you guys were interested in O'Sullivan).

Roos have apparently floated 15 and 18 for it and we rejected it...so a similar deal wouldn't interest us either.
Then its all talk geelong were ever really wanting to trade it if offers like that are being rejected.

Funny how one good game up forward against Richmond has elevated this guy to be the most overrated player currently talked about being traded. If Adelaide are offering pick 10 Melbourne take it and run. A plodder who has played a handful of decent games.
It's pretty hard to play well up forward when you've been playing as a key defender for 99% of your career. And he's been a very good key defender at that. He's a good genuine height of 197cm, has soft hands, marks at the highest point, is a straight kick for goal, has a decent jump on him and can be an AA calibre defender that often takes the opposition's tallest key forward. You're underselling him significantly.

Crows have more to offer you, and you don't see him going home in the off season to hang out with Port players.
I'd say there is a big change Petty is going to the crows after this year but what do Adelaide have to offer? Their 1st round pick will most likely be around pick 14 or something. If Adelaide improve the way I expect them to then I think it'll have to be more than this, especially when contracted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back