Recommitted Harrison Petty [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Then its all talk geelong were ever really wanting to trade it if offers like that are being rejected.

This draft is very different, and there's no point us trading that pick before draft night - as the player we want could slip to us and we might not then trade. If we do trade, then it won't be just one club that will come for that pick. As you saw with Melbourne, the premium gets much higher the closer you get to that 'elite' end - of which we are right at the very last pick (Caddy or O'Sullivan).

Who knows might be all talk, but it's going to cost more than a 20's pick to move from outside that elite tier, to inside it. This is not new information.

This draft is very different, and there's no point us trading that pick before draft night - as the player we want could slip to us and we might not then trade. If we do trade, then it won't be just one club that will come for that pick. As you saw with Melbourne, the premium gets much higher the closer you get to that 'elite' end - of which we are right at the very last pick (Caddy or O'Sullivan).

Who knows might be all talk, but it's going to cost more than a 20's pick to move from outside that elite tier, to inside it. This is not new information.
its actually 2 x 1st rounders north apparently put up and my spitball trade was also 2 1st rounders

I’d rather see the AFL take the NRL route..

More player movement.. less push back from the clubs.

I gave two examples of the crows allowing contracted players to walk.. regardless of whether the crows were in a “window” or not. Was I pissed about CC and brackets leaving at the time.. yeah, and I bet the crows were too… but they dealt with it maturely, granted the players a release from their contracts and negotiated a decent trade. It happens. You move on.

petty has already helped the dees to a flag.

just think its a bit selfish to deny a player $800k in extra earnings and an opportunity to be closer to family and friends..

but whatever.. its the dees decision
May
I'd say there is a big change Petty is going to the crows after this year but what do Adelaide have to offer? Their 1st round pick will most likely be around pick 14 or something. If Adelaide improve the way I expect them to then I think it'll have to be more than this, especially when contracted.
Maybe Port will throw their hat in the ring in 12 or 24 months ?

its actually 2 x 1st rounders north apparently put up and my spitball trade was also 2 1st rounders

Both of those 1st rounders will become mid-high 20's when all is said and done. Moving one late 1st to move either 6 or 7 spots in a very 'tiered' draft, is just not going to get it done.

In any other draft it would - not this one. In any case, we've said we'll be holding it until draft night so we can see who falls and get the best deal, so it's probably all moot at this stage.

Back to Petty, as this thread has gone off topic.

Both of those 1st rounders will become mid-high 20's when all is said and done. Moving one late 1st to move either 6 or 7 spots in a very 'tiered' draft, is just not going to get it done.

In any other draft it would - not this one. In any case, we've said we'll be holding it until draft night so we can see who falls and get the best deal, so it's probably all moot at this stage.

Back to Petty, as this thread has gone off topic.
No they won't. And pick 8 becomes pick 10 or 11 itself after Walter, their academy ruck and maybe another GC academy bid

Like I said, Geelong are not serious about trading that pick

No they won't. And pick 8 becomes pick 10 or 11 itself after Walter, their academy ruck and maybe another GC academy bid

Like I said, Geelong are not serious about trading that pick

You've got no idea what you're talking about. What they're not serious because I'm not agreeing with some spitball trade you came up with in the bedsheets late last night? I'm sorry that you think Pick 20 is enough to move up 6 spots, but Pick 18 wasn't, and 27 and 35 were required for Melbourne to move up 3 spots - which is not even into that 'elite' bracket.

Walter, Read, Rogers, Croft, McCabe - that's who is likely to go in that bracket. Pick 20 becomes 25, and Pick 18 becomes 23. Not high 20's, but certainly mid 20's.

You sitting there saying 'oh Geelong aren't serious about trading their pick', when you have literally no idea what Mackie, Wells or Geelong are thinking, is just sad mate.

You've got no idea what you're talking about. What they're not serious because I'm not agreeing with some spitball trade you came up with in the bedsheets late last night? I'm sorry that you think Pick 20 is enough to move up 6 spots, but Pick 18 wasn't, and 27 and 35 were required for Melbourne to move up 3 spots - which is not even into that 'elite' bracket.

Walter, Read, Rogers, Croft, McCabe - that's who is likely to go in that bracket. Pick 20 becomes 25, and Pick 18 becomes 23. Not high 20's, but certainly mid 20's.

You sitting there saying 'oh Geelong aren't serious about trading their pick', when you have literally no idea what Mackie, Wells or Geelong are thinking, is just sad mate.
OK - your words, pick 14 and pick 20 are going to be MID TO HIGH 20's picks...please regale us all with your knowledge of how pick 14 drops 11-15 places?

I am just laughing at your lack of knowledge and yep - if an offer of 14 + 20 for 8 came in and they flatly refused that, they are not really serious about trading that pick in the draft

OK - your words, pick 14 and pick 20 are going to be MID TO LATE 20's picks...please regale us all with your knowledge of how pick 14 drops 11-15 places?

Lol, reading comprehension not your strong suit.

I said 'MOVING' from Pick 14 or Pick 15 to Pick 8 using either Pick 20 or Pick 18 (which will become 25 and 23 respectively), is not enough to move from outside the elite bracket into the elite bracket.

"Moving one late 1st to move either 6 or 7 spots in a very 'tiered' draft, is just not going to get it done."

Lol, reading comprehension not your strong suit.

I said 'MOVING' from Pick 14 or Pick 15 to Pick 8 using either Pick 20 or Pick 18 (which will become 25 and 23 respectively), is not enough to move from outside the elite bracket into the elite bracket.
LOL - ho else are you going to split the pick to get a second pick in the top 30 of this draft whilst only dropping a few places on 8 yourself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL - ho else are you going to split the pick to get a second pick in the top 30 of this draft whilst only dropping a few places on 8 yourself

So you're not going to acknowledge your little faux par there are you?

Quit while you're behind mate. Your trade was no good, and will not happen. The elite bracket of open draft kids is touted as being:

Reid, McKercher, Duursma, Sanders, Watson, Curtin, O'Sullivan, Caddy. Those are the 8 kids everyone wants a crack at. Melbourne moved from 14-11 using 27 and 35, and they didn't even get into that bracket. Dogs gave up 3 firsts to get up to 4 from Pick 10.

I have no idea what Geelong do, but I do know the market that has been set for this bracket this year, and I have heard Mackie say that we'll likely assess offers and then wait until draft night - so we can get the best offer/take the best kid available. If you think we're giving that up for Pick 23 or 25, you're a bigger fool than you sound like already.

Not gonna bother with you anymore, as you seem to have gone off the deep end at the mere suggestion that your imaginary trade isn't the best thing since sliced bread, and that I might know more about what my own club will do than you do.

See ya :)

*Ignored

So you're not going to acknowledge your little faux par there are you?

Quit while you're behind mate. Your trade was no good, and will not happen. The elite bracket of open draft kids is touted as being:

Reid, McKercher, Duursma, Sanders, Watson, Curtin, O'Sullivan, Caddy. Those are the 8 kids everyone wants a crack at. Melbourne moved from 14-11 using 27 and 35, and they didn't even get into that bracket. Dogs gave up 3 firsts to get up to 4 from Pick 10.

I have no idea what Geelong do, but I do know the market that has been set for this bracket this year, and I have heard Mackie say that we'll likely assess offers and then wait until draft night - so we can get the best offer/take the best kid available. If you think we're giving that up for Pick 23 or 25, you're a bigger fool than you sound like already.

Not gonna bother with you anymore, as you seem to have gone off the deep end at the mere suggestion that your imaginary trade isn't the best thing since sliced bread, and that I might know more about what my own club will do than you do.

See ya :)

*Ignored
lol - its not me that is behind here. You say pick 20 drops to 25 whilst not even acknowledging pick 8 drops to 10 or 11 itself and you are getting a second pick that is only 6 places below that. Oh and pick 8 (sorry 10 or 11) ain't pick 4 and won't have access to the top end. O'Sullivan is as likely to be there at 10 (12 or 13) as 8 (10 or 11) and we already hold 10

So don't bother anymore as you can't get the basics right

Still, maybe you get pick 24 (or should that be 30+) for Ratugolea and a second pick inside 85 is there for your lot

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a very late big offer to trade Petty by the Crows that actually goes through. He's on big dosh now and the Dees could free up some cap space as well as cashing in on his recent rise in stature.

No chance of that happening..

You know we did a rebuild, right?
After you were minor premiers and made the Grand Final? Because that’s when you trade Cameron.

Funny how one good game up forward against Richmond has elevated this guy to be the most overrated player currently talked about being traded. If Adelaide are offering pick 10 Melbourne take it and run. A plodder who has played a handful of decent games.
Plodder? He is quite agile for his height but post his serious Lisfranc injury....who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a very late big offer to trade Petty by the Crows that actually goes through. He's on big dosh now and the Dees could free up some cap space as well as cashing in on his recent rise in stature.
what's in it for us? What you said makes no sense given we're trying to win a flag in 2024

Melbourne should save their cash from the Grundie and Petty contracts and go all in on King or another gun forward next year.

Possibly but we would be screwed without him.

Ive stated to accept next year will be Harrys farwell tour; but I would not write off Port making an approach next year as well.

Port have traded their F1 again. 3 years in a row , I doubt they can trade it for a fourth consecutive year

And even so - the offer wouldn’t get better than a first and a second

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Understand that the dees want to keep him but thats pretty low from the dees..

lad wants to go home to be closer to family and earn probably $400k a year more than the dees will be paying him for the next two years.

Crows traded a contracted Charlie Cameron, an important player to their forward line, a week after they played in a GF… because the lions offered him a heap more coin and Charlie wanted to be close to family.

the next season the crows then traded Mitch Mcgovern who still had three years left on his contract and was a best 22 player and important to their structure because the Blues offered him a massive deal.

this competition is so immature when it comes to player trades and player movement. Needs to take a leaf out of the NRL’s playbook.

imagine forcing a player to stay where he doesnt want to be, and its very clear in that interview that him staying isnt what he wanted, and seeing him $800k out of pocket..

if this was reversed and it was Petty wanting to leave the crows to come hime to Victoria to be near family and cash in.. the vic media would be screaming from the roof tops that he should be allowed to..
Thoughts on Elliott Himmelberg who wanted to go to GWS but Adelaide decided to keep him against his wishes. Massive double standards by you.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Harry Himmelberg who wanted to go to GWS but Adelaide decided to keep him against his wishes. Massive double standards by you.
Harry is at GWS, so no need to worry.

Wish he was at the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back