Recommitted Darcy Parish - re-signed until 2028!

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Parish is currently Essendon's best ball winner and so trading him would set the team build back a long way. Hobbs, Caldwell, Perkins, Durham, Tsatas etc are all very young, Merrett is really an outside mid given his lack of size and others like Shiel, Setterfield and Stringer are too injury prone to stay on the park. He obviously has deficiencies with his ball use and ability to run defensively. I would prefer to keep if possible but if he is asking for an outrageous deal it sets a poor standard for the rest of the team knowing he could get the big money yet not do team oriented things defensively

The likely loss of Parish isn't as bad as some are making out to be. Shiel is an able lieutenant when Parish missed those games earlier this year. Sure, Darcy may be better in some areas but the silver lining is we could use the draft pick to balance out other areas on the list
You could definitely land a decent tall in this draft

Sorry for hijacking Parish thread but where is Harry Jones at? He seemed a real prospect last year.
Seemed to be playing some sort of role higher up the ground as a lead up marking target in the early rounds which didn’t seem to be very effective.

He was carrying an ankle injury at the time, which seems to be chronic and has previously impacted his preseason and last year a bit, but no one else has managed to play that role effectively since then either so idk if that’s really an excuse for form, or maybe it’s just a s**t role in the first place that the opposition can easily shut down.

Was dropped before Anzac Day iirc, officially due to injury then played VFL the following week (Anzac weekend?) and should have been available to play against Geelong (?) when we had the short turn around after Anzac Day. I think?

He then hurt his back and wasn’t available for whatever that game was anyway, which is the back stress fracture that is apparently contagious among tall 21yos at Essendon (Cox, Reid and Hunter also had something like it).

Since that’s an LTI they decided to get surgery done on his ankle and rehab the whole lot so he’d be ready for preseason, which meant that he didn’t then try to get back from the back injury for the last 3-4 rounds or whatever he might’ve managed.

Playing ability wise, Parish like McKay is not worth band 1 compo in my opinion.
Too vanilla and doesn't have any real match winning capabilities
Parish is to Essendon what Sam Walsh is to Carlton to what Caleb Serong is to Fremantle is to what Lachie Neale is to Brisbane

Better than what one expects to ones own tSam. Parish is literally one of the best clearance players in the comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for hijacking Parish thread but where is Harry Jones at? He seemed a real prospect last year.

needs to put on 5-8kg of muscle.

wind would blow him over if he wasn't wearing clothes.

Parish has taken an eternity to graduate and even now, is still no worldbeater. For many years he played like a outside squib and it is only in the past two-years that he has grown some gonads.

I'd be offering him three-years maximum with an option for a fourth and on mid-range money ($450-550K).

Any club, including the Bombres, who offer him anything more than that have rocks in their head.

Parish has taken an eternity to graduate and even now, is still no worldbeater. For many years he played like a outside squib and it is only in the past two-years that he has grown some gonads.

I'd be offering him three-years maximum with an option for a fourth and on mid-range money ($450-550K).

Any club, including the Bombres, who offer him anything more than that have rocks in their head.

Well, this is just blatantly untrue haha.

I mean - there's a middle ground between "We should offer him 6 years" and flat out incorrect statements of "he's been a squib for most of his career"

C'mon, be honest with yourself, he was a very "relucant"player for many years.

He does not deserve nor warrant a longer contract & massive pay-packet based on his career to date.

C'mon, be honest with yourself, he was a very "relucant"player for many years.

He does not deserve nor warrant a longer contract & massive pay-packet based on his career to date.
Take the Essendon hating glasses off. He's never shown any reason to think he's soft.

Oh palllease .................

It doesn't matter what sort of beer goggles I'm wearing, your mob needs some grit in the midfield, the last two games clearly illustrated that fact.
The elite clearance and contested footy winning midfielder isn't the problem there

Attachments

• Parish CL.PNG
    Parish CL.PNG
    212.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Parish CP.PNG
    Parish CP.PNG
    178.9 KB · Views: 38
Oh palllease .................

It doesn't matter what sort of beer goggles I'm wearing, your mob needs some grit in the midfield, the last two games clearly illustrated that fact.
Yes. I think we're better off letting him go and getting another draft pick in but saying Parish is soft is like saying Charlie Curnow is an average forward. Completely untrue and utterly ridiculous to even suggest.

Back