News David Teague - Training wheels OFF

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still believe we will have a better 2nd half of the season, but there will also be some poor performances short term

Let's hope the conga line doesn't start all over again

Understand where our list is at, any coach, ANY COACH, needs time
I hope we go for a proven coach. Probably in the minoriry here, but would love the club to go after Roos. He rebuilt Melbourne who were in a worse position than us as it stands now.

FWIW the crows really felt Teague's departure and I think he will be a good interim coach. Depending on who is available he could even become your next permanent coach- has some serious footy smarts about him. Good luck to him for the rest of the year, I like hanging it on Carlton with good banter between mates and family who support you but I hope you guys turn it around in the near future.
We know about his footy smarts as he coached our 2nds years ago. Former B+F winner and a real Carlton person.

Better than Barker thats for sure.
100 PERCENT
Barker had the Bolton smugness...
Teague is fiercely Carlton......and till say it how it is
even if its ugly

and thats whats been lacking

time to put the chips on the table and get back to work,play to our strengths FFS

i think he will get a few wins too and this year...might see us off 18 th spot
and just maybe..will see him on next year

I hope we go for a proven coach. Probably in the minoriry here, but would love the club to go after Roos. He rebuilt Melbourne who were in a worse position than us as it stands now.

I think we have the main components, it will just need some tweaking

The queue to coach us will be long, anyone with half a brain would know the hard work has been done

Last edited:
Please excuse the intrusion, but all the best to him, I know he was highly regarded in his time at West Coast.

Is he proven as a real coach though. You know , holding on and gripping guiding that horse to a win. Track rider so far in terms of level 1 race day experience for mine. I don’t know. Love Mitch as a player though . An outsider ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most forward lines would struggle with the way we have been moving and deliver the footy. Hopefully he lets them take the game on, mistakes will happen. But need that nothing to lose attitude.

Barker should be the next head on the chopping block, good luck to David but I don't really care anymore.

I'd be interested to know what he has been told what needs to happen now? Whenever an interim is put in it's like the season is over. Falls away badly.

Needs to get games into young players BUT needs to be balanced with Simpson Thomas Kruezer Jones Murphy & Curnow

Like to see him try and see if we have any gold on our list they we haven't seen

Goddard needs to play
Schumacher needs to get a go as does Kerr
Keep SPS off HB
Charlie needs to freshen up and see how he goes on ball.
Lang or Polson as a small defender/tagger
Gibbons on ball
Plowman on ball or HF
DeLuca soon

Anything that may unearth something much like Jones in defence

AFAIC Fasolo Lobbe & Phillips are done

Any injured players finish year early and get ready for Russell pre season

I'd be interested to know what he has been told what needs to happen now? Whenever an interim is put in it's like the season is over. Falls away badly.

Needs to get games into young players BUT needs to be balanced with Simpson Thomas Kruezer Jones Murphy & Curnow

Like to see him try and see if we have any gold on our list they we haven't seen

Goddard needs to play
Schumacher needs to get a go as does Kerr
Keep SPS off HB
Charlie needs to freshen up and see how he goes on ball.
Lang or Polson as a small defender/tagger
Gibbons on ball
Plowman on ball or HF
DeLuca soon

Anything that may unearth something much like Jones in defence

AFAIC Fasolo Lobbe & Phillips are done

Any injured players finish year early and get ready for Russell pre season

Goddard should be getting a game in the backline ahead of Casboult, absolutely. Has earnt his spot as our equal most consistent player at VFL level with Kerr.

Schumacher's VFL performances has been steady and is on the cusp of a debut, I wouldn't force him into a game just yet would like to see a little more improvement.

Gibbons and Ed Curnow I believe need to play midfield minutes or VFL, they aren't AFL standard in the forward line.

The case for Kerr is compelling, I think he's got the chance to make the grade as that Josh Jenkins type forward and perhaps from Teague's experience at Adelaide he may develop him to play that role. We're too tall up forward at the moment which makes it hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back