News David Teague - Training wheels OFF

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that's even close to what happened.

At the time of his departure from the club there was a very public celebration of his contribution to the club and in his farewell speech he heaped praise on Bolton.

That isn't the way things happen when you have been 'shut out'.
I promise you you're wrong.

Do you expect the club to react publicly in any other way? Ofcourse they're going to save face

Doc full of praise for Teague in a radio interview today.

Said he's tried to find Teague's weakness over the last couple of months, hasnt really seen any.

Ok, the captain's not going to be a harsh critic in public but it's still nice to hear.

Said he's tried to find Teague's weakness over the last couple of months, hasnt really seen any.

Ok, the captain's not going to be a harsh critic in public but it's still nice to hear.
His backhand I hear.

Was above and beyond ‘not being a harsh critic’

Not sure if this is Teague's doing but the use of Cripps on the defensive side of the centre bounces is pretty much genius. It means that crippa can just push off his man and waltz to where the ball is. Once he gets it he can lay it off or turn the big circle with almost no pressure. Also means that the opposition player has to track him though meaning they have no forward momentum.

Not sure if this is Teague's doing but the use of Cripps on the defensive side of the centre bounces is pretty much genius. It means that crippa can just push off his man and waltz to where the ball is. Once he gets it he can lay it off or turn the big circle with almost no pressure. Also means that the opposition player has to track him though meaning they have no forward momentum.
Also easier for the others to put an occasional block on for him. They did this a few times Saturday.

Actually we have. My ability to predict winners is unparalled.

A few examples - Tigers in 2017 in February, Rafter 97 US Open, Barty French Open, Raptors for the NBA this year, Trump Presidency, ScoMo - the list goes on.

Those that know me call me the oracle.

By 2023 we will taste from the cup of glory and I will be naming my first born Patrick David
You picked Rafter in 97? 22 years ago??? Mate you need to get on with the ‘first born’ more than the ‘names’ part.

Good analysis.

You picked Rafter in 97? 22 years ago??? Mate you need to get on with the ‘first born’ more than the ‘names’ part.

Haha you are like my family and colleagues, have a kid blah blah blah. Well all I hear is people I work with complain about young kids and the time they take!

We will do it (my wife is younger than me) in the next few years.

Actually we have. My ability to predict winners is unparalled.

A few examples - Tigers in 2017 in February, Rafter 97 US Open, Barty French Open, Raptors for the NBA this year, Trump Presidency, ScoMo - the list goes on.

Those that know me call me the oracle.

By 2023 we will taste from the cup of glory and I will be naming my first born Patrick David
Funny name for a girl ?, but I am sure she would understand why :rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes me wonder if a couple of our senior players had a Barney with Bolts the week before he got sacked !
And Simmo didn't play that week either (managed I think it was) just after missing a couple of weeks due to injury..I Thought it was a bit strange at the time .
Just a hunch..

I definitely noticed the body language of Simmo at Bolts’ presser

I find it interesting in that article he seems to heap praise on all his former coaches, but the description of Don Pyke is that he just "kept the message simple".

Particularly when you hear things in the last week about him partly leaving Adelaide because he challenged Don Pyke.

DT has had such an enduring apprenticeship. He is ready for us

Sounds eerily similar to the rumours of DT clashing with Bolton over his forward line. It's fair to say, on available evidence, that Teague coaches how he played - don't let the baby face fool you!

I can’t see Voss or Scott or the like happening anymore. Teague has got the supporters coming to the footy again and getting around the team. They would be stupid to break that.

If we sign Teague and continue playing well, we will have 80,000 members next year imo
I hate to think If we don't anoint Teague and stuff up the choice of coach, we might have a exodus of fans supporters members that might say that's it I've had enough who might no longer sign up or go to games any more.
It would be a shame considering all the hard yards and enormous work we have done, in my eyes Clarkson is who they want but his not going anywhere so all the left over candidates outside of the club that are available aren't for our club... I have the feeling that in house we now have a great understanding of who we really have ...

I’m still not over Malthouse...

Footy’s a winning industry, that’s why Bolton got the flick. No other candidate can put together Teague’s resume with this team. Wins, Wins, Wins... Teague’s getting them, he’s the man.
I got a boss at work who reminds me of Malthouse..[.nightmare..]
Bolton did well early...just didnt make sense what was happening this year...the entire system had collapsed..perhaps he just was not getting on etc.
Teague,i knew not much about.I like his attitude and he always looking for a positiive,and thats for CFC,and that can go a long way,especially if things are getting on.I think Teague has a good idea,i dont know the depth of his coaching knowledge or his wisdom down the track.However he does seem to genuinely like his job,and he is doing that,and that will be hard to take away from him,as they say why change something thats working.

How can you be so definitive? Do YOU know who is the best man for the job? No of course you dont. And neither does anyone else.
Or maybe you do have all the answers, so please enlighten us and the board. Dont be shy- who is it? Or perhaps you want to hide behind the " not my job" rhetoric

Yes sugar hits don’t usually last 7 weeks.

Nor do they usually involve winning more games in 7 weeks than the side had in 2 seasons.

Also anyone who doesn’t rate what Teague has done that highly must really think Bolts was the worst coach in the history of sport. Be basically like saying we would of been better off without a coach instead of Bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back