Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

we did that lovely man so dirty

Remember the lack of contract whereby he was an employee and could be moved somewhere else in the club if necessary?

For all the talk about him being overly emotional about a win etc, turns out his mother in law passed away that week and he was happy that he could give his family something to smile about.

Thoughts with Teaguey and his family, poignant reminder about the miniscule importance of football and how dehumanised coaches are right now.

And death would hit him harder than the average person after losing a child.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My opinion of Teague as head coach has changed again..

After watching the emotion he showed on Sunday, working when he really should have been at home with his wife
and watching the love and respect from the boys (Curnow boys & Honey) presenting the cake to him.

Think he has the passion, hunger and full team buy in.. Think he is our man!!

We just need to support him with better assistants and resources

Also condolences to the Teague and Mrs Teague family..

My opinion of Teague as head coach has changed again..

After watching the emotion he showed on Sunday, working when he really should have been at home with his wife
and watching the love and respect from the boys (Curnow boys & Honey) presenting the cake to him.

Think he has the passion, hunger and full team buy in.. Think he is our man!!

We just need to support him with better assistants and resources

Also condolences to the Teague and Mrs Teague family..

Those pesky Curnow Boys:)

I was more impressed that Teague (who looks like the type of boy every Mother would love their daughter to bring home to visit) dropped a profanity in front of the media..

There is a lot more to our coach than meets the eyes.

The boys seem to love playing for him, that's good enough for me!

Last Sunday’s Footy Show, the panel were discussing Buckley and how the pressure & scrutiny he is under is undeserved, and he is being judged unfairly. Enter Matthew Lloyd, who the pointed out that Buckley has been at the helm 10 years, and deserves a lot more scrutiny than David Teague, who he defended as being unfairly judged and under unfair pressure.

Not just for the example above, but I really respect Lloyd the media commentator, he started out overly pro-*, but since the scandal I think he has really pulled his head in, and I respect his views and perspective a lot more than most peanuts commenting on AFL shows these days. He goes into bat for us quite a bit. Maybe his brother has drummed it into him 😉

Remember the lack of contract whereby he was an employee and could be moved somewhere else in the club if necessary?

Shameful part of the Club's history - no way to treat anyone cynical, hedge your bets and dont give the necessary support - it all changed when Neil left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shameful part of the Club's history - no way to treat anyone cynical, hedge your bets and dont give the necessary support - it all changed when Neil left.

Bolton could have received advice to switch around the team to win some more games, to try to strike more of a balance when wins vs rebuild became a real issue. Maybe he did but it seemed to all hinge on the poor start to 2019 and the need for a circuit breaker. His youth first approach was backed in for his first 3 seasons, then the heat came thick and fast and he was sacrificed.

I guess I'm a romantic. I would much rather celebrate success with Bolton, Silvagni and Trigg than without. The culture they developed (along with MLG) to turn around our sense of entitlement boy's club and their whole of club embrace, kept players happy and gave fans hope.

I thought a circuit breaker was necessary but it may have been a dead cat bounce last year and it was always going to be a matter of sticking fat. I see signs of player discontent these days and although I really like Teague, I'm not convinced we wouldn't at least be in the same position under the previous regime (membership revenue not withstanding, that's a huge win since).

Bolton could have received advice to switch around the team to win some more games, to try to strike more of a balance when wins vs rebuild became a real issue. Maybe he did but it seemed to all hinge on the poor start to 2019 and the need for a circuit breaker. His youth first approach was backed in for his first 3 seasons, then the heat came thick and fast and he was sacrificed.

I guess I'm a romantic. I would much rather celebrate success with Bolton, Silvagni and Trigg than without. The culture they developed (along with MLG) to turn around our sense of entitlement boy's club and their whole of club embrace, kept players happy and gave fans hope.

I thought a circuit breaker was necessary but it may have been a dead cat bounce last year and it was always going to be a matter of sticking fat. I see signs of player discontent these days and although I really like Teague, I'm not convinced we wouldn't at least be in the same position under the previous regime (membership revenue not withstanding, that's a huge win since).
He lost the playing group. I feel similar about it, wish he had made it, great person but the players revolted.. Wasn't much choice after the GWS game.

He lost the playing group. I feel similar about it, wish he had made it, great person but the players revolted.. Wasn't much choice after the GWS game.
I don't think he lost the group personally. It was just the losing that crushed them.

Maybe with the freedom to stray from the youth policy, he too may have been able to give them more wins.

We have only seen glimpses of that late 2019 form since, and our game plan looks a heap uglier.

He went off the rails in 2019. It was sad, but there was no choice. He had to go.

Bolton was still supported after our 2 win 2018. But it was like he thought winning was completely irrelevant the next year.

I don't think he lost the group personally. It was just the losing that crushed them.

I agree. At some point "development' needs to mean results in the win/loss column to demonstrate actual progress. Anything else is theoretical at best.

My personal view is that Bolton was indeed a nice bloke with the best of intentions, but fell short of expectation. I'm not sure he had any business being a head coach, and the worst decision possible was to let Neil Craig walk, and the second was to not replace him with another mentor. The third was to make the same set of mistakes over again. I hope the Worsfield mentorship addresses that, but I have my doubts once again.

Last Sunday’s Footy Show, the panel were discussing Buckley and how the pressure & scrutiny he is under is undeserved, and he is being judged unfairly. Enter Matthew Lloyd, who the pointed out that Buckley has been at the helm 10 years, and deserves a lot more scrutiny than David Teague, who he defended as being unfairly judged and under unfair pressure.

Not just for the example above, but I really respect Lloyd the media commentator, he started out overly pro-*, but since the scandal I think he has really pulled his head in, and I respect his views and perspective a lot more than most peanuts commenting on AFL shows these days. He goes into bat for us quite a bit. Maybe his brother has drummed it into him 😉
As much as I bloody hate the tigers I have to admit that Richo always seems to give us a fair go too - as opposed to someone like that flogger Darcy: who seems to badmouth us a fair bit.

agree...

Maybe with the freedom to stray from the youth policy, he too may have been able to give them more wins.

We have only seen glimpses of that late 2019 form since, and our game plan looks a heap uglier.
I think we’ve lost games at the selection table and positioning of players...we blooded 4-5 players last year and should have continued to give them game time if fit...by not the message is clear ”your not good enough” which is deflating.
some of you may say I go on too much about Murphy, yes he’s been a good servant, captain (that’s another debate why) and we need experience heads to around youth...if the experience heads are leading by example no argument from me however they haven’t, I’d rather see someone busting their guts at each contest even if they make mistakes, the only way they will improve is game time...the likes of Cottrell, Owies, Honey, Philip and Ramsay should be selected ahead of Murphy unless he was averaging 4-5 tackles and kicking/ assisting with 3-4 goals per game...and he hasn’t.
The energy/intent was clearly evident last week.

I'm on the same page as you ODNB.

Craig leaves, media criticises the dour game style, and all of a sudden Bolts is talking about adding 'attacking layers' to a team of kids and battlers that's just lost Gibbs and Docherty - it all screams of executive interference

I know he lost the group, its unfortunate and maybe not the whole group but he lost enough of them.

agree...

I think we’ve lost games at the selection table and positioning of players...we blooded 4-5 players last year and should have continued to give them game time if fit...by not the message is clear ”your not good enough” which is deflating.
some of you may say I go on too much about Murphy, yes he’s been a good servant, captain (that’s another debate why) and we need experience heads to around youth...if the experience heads are leading by example no argument from me however they haven’t, I’d rather see someone busting their guts at each contest even if they make mistakes, the only way they will improve is game time...the likes of Cottrell, Owies, Honey, Philip and Ramsay should be selected ahead of Murphy unless he was averaging 4-5 tackles and kicking/ assisting with 3-4 goals per game...and he hasn’t.
The energy/intent was clearly evident last week.

Murphy will get
I know he lost the group, its unfortunate and maybe not the whole group but he lost enough of them.

He didn't lose them as a person. They were quote fond of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back