Scandal Dayne Beams acting entitled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here you go this is what Gill said. No need to cherry pick to suit your argument.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan added more intrigue to Beams’ situation on Friday, saying “generally all player payments are within the cap”, even in the case of a payout.

“I don’t have any detail around that,” McLachlan told 3AW.

“There may be exemptions or specific reasons or things that sit outside the cap.

“There are some exemptions. Like, injury allowances are part of … there is a cap, then there’s an overflow for injury allowances and injury payments, so maybe something happened there.

“I don’t know, but generally all payments go in the cap.”

As for Gill not knowing the inner details of Dayne's contract settlement, it isn't really a shock but would hazard a guess that he would have been inquiring with that department to get those details.

The boss of the AFL wouldnt be interested in knowing the details of one of the highest profile esrly retirements the game has seen?

Really ?

The boss of the AFL wouldnt be interested in knowing the details of one of the highest profile esrly retirements the game has seen?

Really ?
He maybe now but at the time I'm sure he lets the people he employed to do this job do the job he hired them to do.

Your kidding if you think Gill is in there running over player contract details.

Haha this campaigner has now got the AFL investigating his old club for the payments they made to him to NOT forfill his contract

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

So Big Crow a few journalists have been asking around about Beams' comments. For Collingwood fans this guy is a gift that keeps on giving....finally get rid of him and he lands them in the spotlight from retirement.

Also sells unlicensed club merch I hear.
Do they sell the fingerpaints as well?
Screenshot_2020-05-13-18-37-55 (1).png Screenshot_2020-05-13-18-38-17 (1).png even selling dusty and cotchin posters stuck on cheap ikea tables for $450. He copied the big freeze beanies idea (in collingwood colours) promoting them at the same time as the big freeze campaign which isn't great. He also attacked New Balance with in 24 hours of ending the partnership because they didn't want to renew a sponsorship contract deal with him when he was sitting at home for 7 month's. (kicked out of the club) How selfish, self-centered can you get.. image_8997e7c8-3b38-41a2-b5c0-df408c550e08_540x.jpg received_345995546684665 (1).jpeg received_763892460826285 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
What an absolute sh*t stain of a person. This guy has no shame.

Torches 2 clubs then has the nerve to use their branding to make a buck.

Shame on anyone who bought those tables.View attachment 1153576
I can’t imagine Dayne is making any money off this furniture, they look like absolute dog crap. Couldn’t pay me to put one of those in my house.

Beams would have no clue whether what he was paid was within the cap or not unless it was clearly coming in strange round-about ways - like via third or fourth parties where it would be safe to assume it was dodgy (e.g. Carlton in the 1990s).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So payments outside the cap were actually AFL sanctioned in this case, but they did so secretly.

Oh yeah, this seems fine and completely not like preferential treatment for a big four Melbourne club when we have recent precedents in Franklin and Boyd’s payments needing to be in the cap even in the case of early retirement.

The AFL has no integrity.

So payments outside the cap were actually AFL sanctioned in this case, but they did so secretly.

Oh yeah, this seems fine and completely not like preferential treatment for a big four Melbourne club when we have recent precedents in Franklin and Boyd’s payments needing to be in the cap even in the case of early retirement.

The AFL has no integrity.

No doubt the AFL ticked it off because unlike Boyd (who left millions of dollars on the table) Beams has zero integrity.

The Beams situation, like Carey's, raises an interesting point about mental health. Some people have Personality Disorders - which could be classified as a mental health issue (technically a psychiatric diagnosis), but the main result of which (certainly for the Cluster B ones: Anti-social, Narcissistic, Histrionic, Borderline) is that they treat people around them like s**t. By definition, their behaviour flouts social norms, and they are generally quite good at being manipulative and trying to get people to feel sorry for them. Very different to people with anxiety or depression, who often suffer alone, or in silence.

It's almost like it's unhelpful to just have a big umbrella - 'mental health issues' - which can be used to white-wash problems in a completely generic way.

Vic bias? Carlton got in a heap of trouble and lost shitloads that they are still trying to recover from today. We were one of the "big 4" clubs but if a club stuffs up, they deserve to be penalised for it no matter who they are.

The AFL was soft on Carlton... Carlton should of been stripped of the 1995 flag...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back