Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you honestly suggesting that they are faking hip surgery?

That’s one hell of a conspiracy!
I suspect there's a genuine injury that needs addressing, but have also heard some concerning stories about the gambling.

I really doubt the club would address a gambling issue by electing to sideline a player for an extended time, which gives more time to add to a gambling problem. Doesn't make sense.

I suspect there's a genuine injury that needs addressing, but have also heard some concerning stories about the gambling.

I really doubt the club would address a gambling issue by electing to sideline a player for an extended time, which gives more time to add to a gambling problem. Doesn't make sense.

I suspect that there is no injury and he's just really busy doing dishes for Eddie to pay back the $1.2 million

Actually the club admitted he had the injury in the preseason, and that pre-existing injury was "aggravated" by the bump.

Maybe you're the one who needs to do their due diligence?

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-06-05/bucks-details-beams-injury
How would due diligence have applied to recruiting him if he only starting having issues in his pre-season with us?

The "due diligence" that Big Charlie was referring to was in reference to us knowing he had an injury when we recruited him, or at least that we somehow should have known, yet we still recruited him.

I'm yet to be pointed to any evidence that shows that Beams did have a pre-existing hip injury, but if someone can show me the evidence then I'll happily concede the fact.

What we do seem to know is that he was getting a niggly hip through the pre-season which he attempted to manage and seems to have done so pretty well (albeit not at his best) and then copped a bump in the PA match and has deteriorated since. That's all the evidence that we have as of now.

And you believe everything you read do you?

How would due diligence have applied to recruiting him if he only starting having issues in his pre-season with us?

The "due diligence" that Big Charlie was referring to was in reference to us knowing he had an injury when we recruited him, or at least that we somehow should have known, yet we still recruited him.

I'm yet to be pointed to any evidence that shows that Beams did have a pre-existing hip injury, but if someone can show me the evidence then I'll happily concede the fact.

What we do seem to know is that he was getting a niggly hip through the pre-season which he attempted to manage and seems to have done so pretty well (albeit not at his best) and then copped a bump in the PA match and has deteriorated since. That's all the evidence that we have as of now.

And if it was just a niggle rather than a nick it should have been fine. Beams must be soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So would you say the club knew and had done their due diligence?
And that he was fine until injuring the hip during the season?

It's impossible to say, but to assume they 100% did all their due diligence is just as silly as 100% assuming they didn't. It does look bad when he is carrying an injury from the preseason that ends up ending his year

We've got this kid on our list called Brayden Sier. When I first read his surname, i thought it was pronounced seer and i still pronounce it that way. With that in mind is it too much to expect him to actually be a seer who advises the club regarding all new recruits?

The statement from Bucks made it seem like he was getting surgery anyways, it’s just a question of when.

Lots of players play on with injury and have surgery post season.

Yeah ANOTHER one. God how s*** has our list management team been, i mean they picked up the likes of J. Howe, L.Greenwood, A.Treloar, T.Adams, T.Varcoe, J.Roughead, W. Hoskin-Elliott, J.Crisp, J.Elliott. Imagine... just IMAGINE how successful we would be if we didn’t have all these ‘facepalm recruitments’.

God.
This is such an opportunistic post.

You know you have to list all list management outcomes including the negative ones.

For example, for those players we gave up:

Seb Ross, Dean Kent and Heath Shaw.

We also traded in players that have been unsuccessful (through form or injury):

Jesse White for Allir Alliir.

Sam Murray for the world*.

Dayne Beams for the moon*.

Daniel Wells for the universe*.

We also lost with Witts and Marley Williams.

There are also other positives and negatives but to paint the picture that the list management has been spectacular is false and misleading.

*Exaggerated for effect.

You know you have to list all list management outcomes including the negative ones.

There are also other positives and negatives but to paint the picture that the list management has been spectacular is false and misleading.

*Exaggerated for effect.

First of all, the original poster seemed to paint a ‘false and misleading’ picture of our recruiting. Why are you coming at me for literally saying ‘hey we’ve had some good recruits, here they are ...’

Lmao Seb Ross, Dean Kent, Allir Aliir ... who cares about any of them, weird thing to bring up.

Point to me where i said our list management is was ‘spectacular’? That was never my point.

I was pointing out to a poster who seemed to indicate we are bringing in duds by saying ‘another facepalm recruit’, that our recruiting has not been all that bad in the last 5-6 years.

I did that by highlighting a group of best 22 players currently on the list from other clubs.

I am fully aware that we (as all clubs have) have had some misses. Anyone on this earth knows that.

I was simply arguing against the point of view of ‘ANOTHER facepalm recruit’. Am i going to do that by pointing out every hit and miss in our history. No.

*Exaggerated for effect.

Feels like you’re starting an argument for zero reason to me. Edit: Timely edit there from you..

Won’t be back this year then.
Damning on the club that he had it late last year.
If he had the injury late last year and we acquired him for 2 1st round draft picks, then our player assessments need to be more informed and cautious. His first year was always going to be his best if fit. Next year he will be thirty and only in the 2nd year of his contract. Got the feeling this is going to be another Well's style deal. OK. Pounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back