Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry one more post before i return to hibernation, im sure that if NB were as poor a corporate citizen and had shown such allround s**t blokery as to terminate their agreement because of that he would have called them out on it? And rightly so. Im not sure whoever in their compliance department would have allowed that to get through though as it would be a litigation nightmare, and one theyd lose in a second. Rightly so to that too.

Would you be surprised if a sponsor wanted to move on from Dayne Beams? His public image isn't exactly at a high point. I'd be surprised if they admitted to him that mental health was a factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a factor along with all of the other rumour and innuendo surrounding him.

To me, that post from Beams suggests that he's annoyed with New Balance. My bet is that they dumped him. In that context, I don't really see a big deal about him posting that. Probably not the maturest response, but hardly a big deal. But the reality is that we don't know the context of his post, so you can't really read anything more into it.

Haha I probably fit 1 of those criteria but not the other. I’m an Asics man.
I have a real problem with walking shoes (size 5 and 1/2), spent hundreds of $$$ on them and they really are one the most comfortable along with Sketchers.

Have gone through most 'name brands'.

I have a real problem with walking shoes (size 5 and 1/2), spent hundreds of $$$ on them and they really are one the most comfortable along with Sketchers.

Keen? I love mine, on my 7th or 8th pair. Tend to have a flatter profile and they tend to be broader.

Yep, small feet but need wide fitting. All about comfort for me.

Well try Keen then. I bought my 1st pair in Canada in 2007 and haven't been without a pair since. Hard to find the range here in Bendigo so I just buy mine on-line.

It's not a question of backing him or not

As a collingwood player he has my unswerving support

BUT

He is immature and erratic in his personal life - if he wants to go public in condemnation of a club sponsor then he and YOU should understand that there are consequences for that.

New Balance is not the footwear provider for the club, Nike is.

Less than perfect? If you knew the full extent of some of the things he’s done, you’d be describing him as a bit more than less than perfect.
Mate How many more throw away lines that make you seem like you are better and more knowledgeable than all of us here are you going to throw out before you actually explain ‘the full extent of some of the things he has done’?

After you actually do that - back it up with some reason we should take anything you say seriously. AKA some credibility. Of which, you currently have none... so continue the ‘I know everything about Dayne’ facade, while we sit back and laugh at how pathetic you are, untill you give us reason to believe otherwise.

The best sneakers are basically the ones which suit your foot shape. Different brands seem to be slightly differently shaped and thus suit different feet. Stick with whichever ones that suit you.

Volley internationals
How do you wear them, only used them a couple of times, no give in them at all. Hurt to much walking in them.

Asics 2E for me. Most comfortable fit I’ve ever had. Wore adidas footy boots mostly, had a pair of Puma stripes like Daics wore as well. Nike I never could find a decent fit so ima Asics man for the past 20 years.

Would you be surprised if a sponsor wanted to move on from Dayne Beams? His public image isn't exactly at a high point. I'd be surprised if they admitted to him that mental health was a factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a factor along with all of the other rumour and innuendo surrounding him.

To me, that post from Beams suggests that he's annoyed with New Balance. My bet is that they dumped him. In that context, I don't really see a big deal about him posting that. Probably not the maturest response, but hardly a big deal. But the reality is that we don't know the context of his post, so you can't really read anything more into it.
No I wouldn't be surprised, not so much as in that they'd moved on due to his public image (haha unless the NB marketing team are avid readers of BigFooty) but more so in the sense of who is insta plastic fantastic influencer of the moment, it is fickle and fleeting by nature so one would think they get pumped up then dropped like a hot potato and "style ambassadors" changed more often than their PR managers underwear.
I WOULD be very surprised however if they dropped him due to his 'mental illness' challenges hes been public in sharing, for one it'd be surefire corporate image suicide because the outrage brigade would jump on it in a second and they'd be burning the offending s**t footy boots en masse in the streets and two 'mental illness' is very trendy right now, corporations want to get on the bandwagon and be seen to be supporting their staff and various initiatives, charities what have you that further the issue, not fall off it in spectacular fashion?

Maybe they simply got a new tatooed footy bad boy that came a little bit cheaper??

Last edited:
I'd change my shoes too but getting the farrier in is expensive so I'm sticking with these.

And as for brands, shoes don't have brands. They go somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd change my shoes too but getting the farrier in is expensive so I'm sticking with these.

Welcome back Good Horse.

i know you’re a truly bad horse, but in a good way.

Neigh to you from the Saintly Horse.

No I wouldn't be surprised, not so much as in that they'd moved on due to his public image (haha unless the NB marketing team are avid readers of BigFooty) but more so in the sense of who is insta plastic fantastic influencer of the moment, it is fickle and fleeting by nature so one would think they get pumped up then dropped like a hot potato and "style ambassadors" changed more often than their PR managers underwear.
I WOULD be very surprised however if they dropped him due to his 'mental illness' challenges hes been public in sharing, for one it'd be surefire corporate image suicide because the outrage brigade would jump on it in a second and they'd be burning the offending s**t footy boots en masse in the streets and two 'mental illness' is very trendy right now, corporations want to get on the bandwagon and be seen to be supporting their staff and various initiatives, charities what have you that further the issue, not fall off it in spectacular fashion?

Maybe they simply got a new tatooed footy bad boy that came a little bit cheaper??

I think that you're underestimating how much they'd look at the public image of players they sponsor. Ultimately, that's what they're paying for - to be associated with the players image. This year, Beams's image has been impacted by gambling debt rumours, plus he's become synonymous with mental health issues. And whilst mental health issues are a very hot topic, they also have an image very different to what sports shoe companies are trying to project.

NB wouldn't be stupid enough to publicly or even privately discuss depression as a reason to move on from a player, but I'd be pretty confident that it's not an image they'd want associated with their shoes.

I think that you're underestimating how much they'd look at the public image of players they sponsor. Ultimately, that's what they're paying for - to be associated with the players image. This year, Beams's image has been impacted by gambling debt rumours, plus he's become synonymous with mental health issues. And whilst mental health issues are a very hot topic, they also have an image very different to what sports shoe companies are trying to project.

NB wouldn't be stupid enough to publicly or even privately discuss depression as a reason to move on from a player, but I'd be pretty confident that it's not an image they'd want associated with their shoes.
Well then if thats the case 1. NB need to drag themselves into the 21st century because crazy people wear shoes too, some of them even wear footy boots theyre not all homeless people pushing a trolley in bare feet and 2. Instead of selling out his soul to brands that would dump him for such a callous reason, he should be more discerning when it comes to "brands he partners with" (im pretty sure that's the cool crowds lingo garbo jargon they use when talking about this tripe) in his influencing monkey business. He shouldve partnered with adidas instead, they have an entire product line called Crazy Shoes. Now THAT is a forward-thinking company with its finger on the pulse. Imagine the campaign adidas and Beamer could execute. Genius

To all the inbreed bogans on this forum taking cheap shots at Beams, GTFO and go to the Tigers board.

This guy gets fit and he instantly becomes our best mid or at least close to it.

Plonks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well said.

Beamer will walk in fields of gold.

Well then if thats the case 1. NB need to drag themselves into the 21st century because crazy people wear shoes too, some of them even wear footy boots theyre not all homeless people pushing a trolley in bare feet and 2. Instead of selling out his soul to brands that would dump him for such a callous reason, he should be more discerning when it comes to "brands he partners with" (im pretty sure that's the cool crowds lingo garbo jargon they use when talking about this tripe) in his influencing monkey business. He shouldve partnered with adidas instead, they have an entire product line called Crazy Shoes. Now THAT is a forward-thinking company with its finger on the pulse. Imagine the campaign adidas and Beamer could execute. Genius

I'm not saying NB has done this. Just that it wouldn't surprise me. Sponsorship isn't like employment. They're not paying him to work for them. The company doesn't have a moral obligation towards the bloke they're sponsoring. They're simply paying him becasue his image aligns with the image they want associated with their product. Beams's image has changed. If a company doesn't want to be associated with the new image, it's fair enough that they stop sponsoring him - regardless of what's caused that change.

To all the inbreed bogans on this forum taking cheap shots at Beams, GTFO and go to the Tigers board.

This guy gets fit and he instantly becomes our best mid or at least close to it.

Plonks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I got a little lost on the shoe thing but thanks for making this about Beams, he has some very good football still to come IMHO

How does the old farrier story go, a penny for the first nail and double it for every nail after that, couldn't possibly cost much....

How does the old farrier story go, a penny for the first nail and double it for every nail after that, couldn't possibly cost much....

I insist on farriers who can provide a certificate of compliance with the guidelines provided by the Anti Pony Alliance. They dont come cheap.

I also insist on farriers who provide fetlock massage, mood music, and flowers. I figure if youre going to get nailed the little things matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back