Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That’ll be something. Wow. I wonder though how much footage was shot of Deathstroke, aside from the post credits scene with Luthor.

Also, am reading up to $30m is available to complete the film and it will likely be a mini series type format (the original cut is supposedly ~5 hours).

Apparently that Lex scene wasn’t shot by Snyder, however it was a storyboard of his.

I hope it isn’t the mini series format. I would prefer the full 4 hour final cut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will we see Darkseid?

Snyder has been teasing his appearance in JL for a while now, I have no doubt we’ll see him, just no idea how big his role will be.

Also, Jena Malone, who had a small role in BvS Ultimate Edition, was suppose to make an appearance as Batgirl in JL and General Swanwick was to be revealed as Martian Manhunter. Interesting times ahead.

Last edited:
Snyder has been teasing his appearance in JL for a while now, I have no doubt we’ll see him, just no idea how big his role will be.

Also, Jena Malone, who had a small role in BvS Ultimate Edition, was suppose to make an appearance as Batgirl in JL and General Swanwick was to be revealed as Martian Manhunter. Interesting times ahead.

It would be awesome if we saw a 4 hour movie/mini series of the supposed trilogy Snyder had planned.

Apparently that Lex scene wasn’t shot by Snyder, however it was a storyboard of his.

I hope it isn’t the mini series format. I would prefer the full 4 hour final cut!

Well there you go, I mistakenly thought it was Snyder’s footage.

Will we see Darkseid?

All but certain I would say, he’s critical to the arc of the proposed trilogy. My understanding was that he was to appear briefly in this instalment, killing Lois towards the end.

Clark succumbs to the ALE shortly after, and the next movie is reminiscent of the future setting of the Knightmare tease.

That’s a shitload to capture in this Snyder Cut, so it wont be anywhere near as extensive as originally planned. But I believe he was supposed to appear when Steppenwolf was beheaded.

Been reported he would need approx 20 to 30 mil to finish the film. Maybe WB could put that under marketing budget for HBO max. Doubt they would do that for theatrical release regardless of the pandemic as you would have to spend even more to market the film separetely.
It’s not uncommon for Netflix films to cost $60-$100m so in that sense it’s probably pretty cheap. It’s got a lot of pent up interest.

Would never have happened under any other circumstances. Considering how ‘divisive’ (I’m being polite) the Snyder films were it’s very surprising he has this kind of a following but they get their wish.

It’s not uncommon for Netflix films to cost $60-$100m so in that sense it’s probably pretty cheap. It’s got a lot of pent up interest.

Would never have happened under any other circumstances. Considering how ‘divisive’ (I’m being polite) the Snyder films were it’s very surprising he has this kind of a following but they get their wish.

It's mostly hype. The movie was so bad that the fanboys have clung onto the hope that the Snyder cut will save the movie and franchise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's mostly hype. The movie was so bad that the fanboys have clung onto the hope that the Snyder cut will save the movie and franchise.

Yep that summarises it well. It originated from a place of toxic fandom however over time the chorus grew louder.

I don’t think it will be this wonderful, magical film. He’d already shown his deficiencies in Man Of Steel and BvS.

And I’ve been on the fence a bit in whether it should be released or not, given that direction will never continue anyway so what’s the point? (Cavill is potentially done, Affleck is done, Batman is being rebooted with Reeves/Pattinson, DC will continue to explore more standalones etc).

However since the announcement, I’m looking forward to at least seeing it and then closing that chapter. I also believe Junkie XL’s score will be reinstated, which is a positive to cling onto. Solar Suit Superman is something I’m keen on seeing too.

Yep that summarises it well. It originated from a place of toxic fandom however over time the chorus grew louder.

I don’t think it will be this wonderful, magical film. He’d already shown his deficiencies in Man Of Steel and BvS.

And I’ve been on the fence a bit in whether it should be released or not, given that direction will never continue anyway so what’s the point? (Cavill is potentially done, Affleck is done, Batman is being rebooted with Reeves/Pattinson, DC will continue to explore more standalones etc).

However since the announcement, I’m looking forward to at least seeing it and then closing that chapter. I also believe Junkie XL’s score will be reinstated, which is a positive to cling onto. Solar Suit Superman is something I’m keen on seeing too.

Yeah a couple of things I'd like to see. I honestly just don't think 30m would be enough to completely fix it.

Well there you go, I mistakenly thought it was Snyder’s footage.

All but certain I would say, he’s critical to the arc of the proposed trilogy. My understanding was that he was to appear briefly in this instalment, killing Lois towards the end.

Clark succumbs to the ALE shortly after, and the next movie is reminiscent of the future setting of the Knightmare tease.

That’s a shitload to capture in this Snyder Cut, so it wont be anywhere near as extensive as originally planned. But I believe he was supposed to appear when Steppenwolf was beheaded.

That is what i was watching online last night, Snyder's trilogy;

Part 1 - kinda what we saw but more background on the JL characters, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash. Steppenwolf/Darkseid to bring back superman/Kill lois and he would battle against JL. JL defeat steppenwolf - Darkseid kills steppenwolf. JL get a glimpse of Darkseid.....Hal jordan was also to appear

Part 2 - JL go into space and fight Darkseid, lose and return to Earth and it looks like the Knightmare scene we saw

Part 3 - JL round 2 against Darkseid, but the win everyone is happy again

I have doubts it will be great, hopefully its at least good. I heard they are even going to shoot some extra scenes but you would have to assume they are going to be minor things as if I recall correctly they said his filming was all done.

Mainly im curious to see it.

Ive always liked Watchmen and Man of Steel has really grown on me overtime, despite its issues. There are some really great moments in that film.

How is re-editing Batman v Superman (for the third time) going to "make Justice League even"?

They are re-editing a movie (Justice League not Batman v Superman) that had 2 very different directors trying to make a completed film, having him come back and finish his movie means at least it won’t be a mess style wise.

Last edited:
How will it change Justice League film?

By him finishing it his own way? Really?

I wonder how removing Whedons editing and parts he reshot and putting in his own won’t improve it

It’s a jumbled mess at the moment and Justice League being finished properly by the guy who originally did it will definitely improve it.
To a great film? Maybe not, but to at least a decent film yes.

It won’t be a mish mash of styles

Yeah a couple of things I'd like to see. I honestly just don't think 30m would be enough to completely fix it.

Oh it's going to be a hot mess, but at least it's Snyder's hot mess rather than the hot mess that WB created by giving him the arse without finishing the movie!

Justice League looked rather off - Man of Steel and Batman v Superman had set a tone... that Justice League didn't follow which made it extra disjointed than what it would have been if left untouched.

We are supposedly going to get Suicide Squad Ayer cut too. Which would make sense since all the footage is already sitting somewhere. Just needs to be edited back in.

The initial trailer for SS set up a really good tone, but in the case of Ayer's cut I'm not too optimistic, if it can improve the film that much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back