Health Dealing with Physical Decline

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is hell funny, I'm old Enough to be ceases father and I pull the chicks his age, that's he's to unfit for. God help Him when he pulls one that wants a whole Night of sex lol. We will have a funeral to go to. Where ceaser throws his dead genitals overboard to the tune of the song, he ain't heavy, he's my brother.

The research backs this up as well.

I’ve started working as a physio recently and amongst other things have noticed those who seem to have the most issues around the ages of 25-40 are the ones who played a lot of sport, particularly in the 13-20 year age bracket. My theory is the ones this age (myself included) were raised by parents who encouraged them to do as much sport as possible and did not consider overtraining as much of an issue.

When I worked at a state level footy club I was surprised by how many training sessions they force the kids to sit out of, particularly those from 15-18 years old, simply because they played sport at school that day or went for a run earlier to try and improve their fitness. Could never imagine my youth coaches doing that!

Now that I’m working with these people who are now older you realise what an effect it must have; numerous 40 year olds come in with knee replacements, chronic back pain, shoulder pain etc. Rarely will I see a patient in this age group who has these types of presentations but minimal background in sport, it just doesn’t happen (unless they’re obese).

Anyway. Food for thought. Might be to late for us, but consider that when your kid is coming into adolescence and playing three different sports 6 times a week. They might end up like myself or Caeser by their mid 20’s which simply isn’t worth it unless there is a chance they could go pro.

Gym fit ain't healthy. It's like living off a credit card and then your income stops. The interest builds up. In your body's case, your metabolism.

Nutrition is where your training starts and the most important aspect. Feed the kids properly and they'll be OK, teach them how to feed properly and they'll be fine.

No back issues for me but my calves lock-up all the time....Tight groins & quads too, in spite of taking a magnesium supplement to help alleviate muscle cramping.

Have to see a physio every Friday arvo to un-lock my calves, which takes a good 15 minutes each, accompanied by much wincing , screaming & pain.

Am told to soak my lower legs in hot water & mineral salts every night, to help with circulation & ease muscle tension, but who has the time for that?

I believe in sensible recovery and consistency over intensity and listening to your body.
I have been training regularly for 15 years and I am 37 and never have injuries. Last year I ran just over 2000km. But I never run 2 days in row and stretch, self massage, yoga, ice bath, lift weights in compound movement for mobility and function and not for show anymore, I was young once and my rotator cuff doesn't thank me if I go too heavy too often.

I just turned 27 and probably in the best shape I've been. Gym most days and apart from Alcohol live a pretty healthy lifestyle

Had a problem with back and knees in my early 20s but a lot of that was due to having a physical job and at 198cm odd, your body is just not cut out to do physical labour. Now I'm an office bitch and body is fine although, I know they would play up again if I went back to my old job.

Off work with lower back...again

Did some yard work and the most basic of every day movements makes u go hmmm, little twinge there...then u go and do something stupid without thinking and voila...backs gone can barrly move for two days
Some decent tabs left over from the last time have helped.
Physio today and tbh im thinking of starting DDP Yoga
If he can fix wrestlers backs and guys from the army barely able to walk then my lower back prob should be an absolute breeze.

Posture when sitting on the couch and a massively weak core are my biggest probs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off work with lower back...again

Did some yard work and the most basic of every day movements makes u go hmmm, little twinge there...then u go and do something stupid without thinking and voila...backs gone can barrly move for two days
Some decent tabs left over from the last time have helped.
Physio today and tbh im thinking of starting DDP Yoga
If he can fix wrestlers backs and guys from the army barely able to walk then my lower back prob should be an absolute breeze.

Posture when sitting on the couch and a massively weak core are my biggest probs.

Sometimes just sitting down can make me have intense back pain. Sympathise with anyone who has back pain. Can make you so frustrated

Gym fit ain't healthy. It's like living off a credit card and then your income stops. The interest builds up. In your body's case, your metabolism.

Nutrition is where your training starts and the most important aspect. Feed the kids properly and they'll be OK, teach them how to feed properly and they'll be fine.
Absolutely. Personally I was an aerobic sport kind of person growing up and had to alter my training significantly once I started to develop ongoing pain issues in the back and hips. I am 30 years old now but healthy as I have ever been thanks to re-structuring my training and investing heavily in nutrition. Basically unrecognisable to the 18 year old me.

Absolutely. Personally I was an aerobic sport kind of person growing up and had to alter my training significantly once I started to develop ongoing pain issues in the back and hips. I am 30 years old now but healthy as I have ever been thanks to re-structuring my training and investing heavily in nutrition. Basically unrecognisable to the 18 year old me.

Outdoor exercise very good for endocrine system, which produces the hormones that cause ripped effect. Vitimin d (sunlight) and oxegyen coupled with sweat and pumped Muscles gets the whole body going. So good psychologically as well.

Cycling swimming and hiking. Egos go to gyms.

Putting ones shoes on in the early morning nowadays involves a series of groans & leg cramps....Definitely less flexible....Could do with an oil & grease change.

Putting socks on has rendered me a bloke with a slight nerve pinch in his back.

I have just got back from tennis having, for the third time this year, f’ed something in my back.

Last summer I was playing pennant. Now I am losing club matches to pushers my own age and older. I struggle for months to get fit and as soon as I do I get injured again. I can't move, I can't get core rotation, I can't hit a kick serve to save my life because I can't get any back arch. Forget about form, I'm struggling to stay on the court.

I do yoga. I do martial arts. I stretch before and after exercising and I exercise every day. Every time I get injured I put on kilos and every time I work like a mofo to drop them again to ensure I'm in good physical condition. I have had my coach remodel my service action. I have no idea what else to do. I am only ******* 27. This should not be happening.

I get out on that court and I simply cannot do things that I know I should be able to do. It is immensely frustrating. I really cannot deal with it any more. I don't care about losing but I care about not being able to do things because my body is letting me down.

What the fu** do I do? Someone please tell me. I mean, I am not a great athlete but physical fitness, playing sport and feeling healthy has always been a massive part of who I am. Every time this happens I stack on weight, can't do anything I enjoy and generally wind up depressed. Do I just give up tennis altogether? If not, how do I come to terms with the fact I am a guy in his 20s seemingly stuck in the body of someone in his late 30s? I'm sure I'm not the only person to go through this.

I don't know if anyone has any insight but fu** I just needed to rant. I'm ******* over it. fu** this s**t, I'm ******* off to get ******* pi**ed.

fu**.

Not sure if OP is still around but I have experienced similar troubles with tennis in recent times except with my shoulder. Found out I've torn the cartilage in the joint which sends a throbbing pain down my arm when I over exert myself in a serving motion. Basically just a wear and tear injury associated with playing 20+ years of tennis.

Basically got to the stage where it was too painful to play to the point where I was struggling to get through a match even at a pretty low standard so I took 6 months off to rest it.

So far it's going ok since I've come back but I can only reliably serve without pain if I serve at about 75% of the speed I used to. As a result, I've just had to become smarter with using angles etc when on serve.

Thankfully, my shoulder injury only affects the serving part of my game and not forehands, backhands etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back