Dear Brian Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

A commentator trying to make a game exciting. FMD. I only want boring monotone jibberish please.

I'd rather monotone jibberish than someone yelling ******* jibberish........I love comedy but leave it to the comedians. Have a look at US and UK commentary can make the game exciting but actually still provide good product

Nope, they never got within striking distance. The last quarter they had kicked one goal in the first ten minutes, he still banged on and did you miss where they were" still a chance with 2.49 left on the clock"?

Interested in your reply :)

I have to admit that until Zurhaar kicked our second last goal, I was extremely concerned that the Hawks might run over the top of us. In the third quarter they were in control of the game, outscoring us by 5 goals and reducing the margin from 57 points to 27 points. We were down two men on the bench, such a crucial factor in such a hard fought ferocious contest. To kick less than 4 goals in half a quarter was not beyond them in my opinion.

If he was simply talking them up as a chance to win, as distinct from barracking for them, then he does that every time he can and he has done it with us in a similar position in the past.

He is however still a buffoon.

BT was a ******* in the second half of that game. He was complimentary in the first half sure. IE he was unbiased and reasonable - I thought we were finally getting some recognition for some players - Higgo, Browny, Cunners and esecially BJ.

Then in the second half he made some comments about players and cheered for Hawthorn free kicks and whinged when they didn't get them. Sure maybe he was a neutral egging on a comeback, and as a commentator to call the biggest half time comeback in history would give plenty of opportunity for the sort of verbal spoofing he is renowned - we all like to see history made - but for *s sake commentate don't barrack, all that running joke stuff is rubbish if he doesn't make it obvious he wants to see a good game not a Hawthorn win even if its undeserved.

Watched the second half and once again, whilst I hate BT as a caller I had no issue with any anti north agenda. Considering it would have been the greatest half time comeback of all time I’m not surprised he rode hawthorn as he did. And they were coming strong.

He’s still s**t but he won’t alone. I will say Jason Bennett doesn’t seem half bad though.

They were very complimentary of us in the first half when we were smashing them, very complimentary of Hawthorn when they were smashing us in the third and complimentary of us at the end when we held firm. What's the issue again? Taylor thinking Hawthorn could win?

Christ on a bike, harden up guys.
I not referring to said commentary from Sunday.....we're one of the minnow clubs where the feel they have their right to go whack when they have an itch to scratch.

Kane Cornes on speaking about Ben Brown the other day:- "He is one of the best full forwards in the comp, but gee I wish he was playing for a decent club"

Just one perfect example where there are many an unnecessary dig at the club.

Last edited:
I not referring to said commentary from Sunday.....we're one of the minnow clubs where the feel they have their right to go whack when they have an itch to scratch.

Kane Cornes on speaking about Ben Brown the other day:- "He is one of the best full forwads in the comp, but gee I wish he was playing for a decent club"

Just one perfect example where there are many an unnecessary dig at the club.
Prime example. We don't have a persecution complex when this is considered acceptable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really fussed about perceived bias...just think he is a sh!t commentator..tries to turn every comment into an amusing anecdote...and when combined with Timmy Watson who by trying to articulate every syllable ends up speaking so slowly that by the time he gets to the second half of a sentence he has forgotten the first half...

I can't help but think that there's a link between what Nate posted and the title of one of your previous efforts NN.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hum-on-my-balls-poort.1056832/

PS - Considering who we play this week, could be a timely bump.

LOL- Good find and yes WHEN we salute I think a bump could be in order, although I feel one of the posters involved has since passed away ( Port fan ) so may need to let it slide.

But should Nate7 decide a bump is in order who are we to stand in his way :p

Kane Cornes on speaking about Ben Brown the other day:- "He is one of the best full forwards in the comp, but gee I wish he was playing for a decent club"

Just one perfect example where there are many an unnecessary dig at the club
Im sure his old man used to tell bedtime stories to little kane and chaddy about his time playing in the real league, with north.

Cant stand Bruce, BRrrrryan, Basil (who the **** names their kids basil), roosy, hutchy the fat ****, huddo, howy, the ox.. all gooses
The Ox is a jet, very pro-north and has stuck up for us on many occasions I like the bloke, the others however.. you're spot on!

Im sure his old man used to tell bedtime stories to little kane and chaddy about his time playing in the real league, with north.
He really said that probably pissed of when beat them 10 in a row * I can't stand Port . He was a dick on the field anyway ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back