List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents who are better than players currently on our list

Remove this Banner Ad

My hatred of Barlow aside, getting Barrett is a much better alternative. He is still young, and if he shows something and can turn out to be better than Miles, he could potentially be involved in our next Premiership. Whereas Barlow definitely won't be.
I'd much rather develop a Barrett, than lengthen the career of a slow dinosaur. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you guys were better then us last season but we are still the better team and we will prove it when we beat you this year.

Yeah, doubt it. We flogged you at the peak of your powers on your home deck.

I'm not trying to start s**t, I was just writing who I though Barlow was better then. Nothing against you guys.... I have nothing against Richmond as a team or your board...

Bit of banter never hurt anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henderson better than Grigg..... I guess that's why we call it silly season.

Matt de boer should be a target as a defensive half forward.
Barlow still has plenty to give, although don't know how well the old legs are going.

Fair call. Take the Hendo > Grigg out of it then. I think the other 7 comparisons are still valid.

All being well none of the players in the OP will play in the firsts at Richmond, except Grigg.

True. But all is never well and that is why we ended up playing Hunt, Lambert, Moore, Bachelor, Townsend etc. for most of the year.

Poor depth is why we haven't won a final in 15 years. Let's sort it out.

I don't understand why you can't.. Besides age Barlow is better then all those players...
And has out performed Miles as well. In fact he has easily out performed the new messiah in Caddy.
It is amasing how blinkered we get when it comes to opposition players.

While we are at it everyone talking about Richards and finals next yr. If finals was the immediate aim then go and get Petrie.
I think finals are quite a bit out of reach, I would go for Richards based on age but other than that we should be planning more for the future.

Last edited:
Thankyou! It's annoying seeing people not appreciate what a great player Barlow is..
No probs. i always call it as i see it. I suppose im in the west and have a far greater appreciation of players over here . Barlows career has been nothing short of spectacular when you consider how hard he had to fight to just get a chance.
I still can not work out why Freo would get rid of him. The knocks have been to slow cant kick is past it and all three are a nonsense.
Barlow has never been quick but he has a huge motor and work rate that allows him to get to contest after contest. He is not a great kick but most inside mids are not yet he rarely wastes a ball because he makes great decisions.Finally at age 28 and a bloke who does not rely on pace he could go for another 5 or so yrs. He is a footballer as opposed to an athlete give me those types anyday.

I think finals are quite a bit out of reach, I would go for Richards based in age but other than that we should be planning more for the future.
I agree but the thinking of the club is to play finals and it goes for an awful lot of supporters as well. So why would they not go after Petrie he is so far in front of any tall fwd we have apart from JR.

Also i dont think anyone has done due process on Richards. Yes he meets a type need but is he an answer or just another list clogger.If he is no good and you take him just because he is young actually sets you back even further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back