List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents who are better than players currently on our list

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe in his first year was no where near Ablett, heck, Fyfe at his best still isn't as good as ablett. I know 7+ years of development means a lot, your the one that doesn't know what there talking about. Oh so you don't want to reply? Huh? Well your the one that quoted in the first place so if you can't take it don't dish it out

"Take it, dish it out"?, take what, dish what out, its called discussing something mate. I'm finishing the conversation cause it is going around in circles and is a waste of time to continue as a result, for example you just agreed with what i was saying in the first sentence and a half then went on a rant about me finishing the conversation. Nothing new is being discussed here, all were doing is clogging up the thread now with same crap over and over.

The delisted free agency period has been open for a few days now and looking like no clubs are rushing to sign these delisted free agents up

Usually clubs have already made up their minds and agreed to terms with the player they want and paper work gets lodged in 1-2 days

So far only Henderson has been linked to a club (hawks) the rest are still in limbo

Im certain that if Tigers were into a player we would have signed them the first 2 days , So im not expecting any fA coming to Richmond this year.

Also im starting to have real doubts about Fyfe value to Richmond and what he would cost us in $$$ , Cant see him crossing for less that $1 mil - $1.2 mil a year and that may be not the way we rebuild unless we get rid of a few players that are on $300k-$400k
Grigg,Houli,Edwards,Hampson, etc and replace them with cheaper role players to cover Fyfe's salary without effecting the core group
Martin,Caddy,Prestia,Cotchin,Rance,Riewoldt,Vlastuin,Rioli,Ellis x2

Who cares if their younger? That's not an excuse for not being as good as someone.. Sure they could be as good as Barlow, but are they at the moment? No. As for Marcon and Moore, I didn't know they had been delisted as I don't usually care who gets delisted by Richmond as who they delist is quite irrelevant to me.
Just like your posts on the RFC board, quite irrelevant

"Take it, dish it out"?, take what, dish what out, its called discussing something mate. I'm finishing the conversation cause it is going around in circles and is a waste of time to continue as a result, for example you just agreed with what i was saying in the first sentence and a half then went on a rant about me finishing the conversation. Nothing new is being discussed here, all were doing is clogging up the thread now with same crap over and over.
Yes, if you don't want me to reply then you shouldn't have quoted me in the first place.

Yes, if you don't want me to reply then you shouldn't have quoted me in the first place.

What the * when did i say i didn't "want you to reply"....i didn't, i said i wasn't going to be replying any further as the conversation had run its course as far as i was concerned. Try reading it, i couldn't give a rats arse what you do. Considering i haven't done that as of yet, i will now.

**** off back to your own board troll. You came on here saying one your rejects is better than most of our midfielders, including guys that have had 1 to 2 years experience and 2 players who no longer play for the club.

Barlow couldn't get a gig at the club with one of worst midfields in the comp and he is well past his prime. Don't see many clubs queuing up to sign him.

The delisted free agency period has been open for a few days now and looking like no clubs are rushing to sign these delisted free agents up

Usually clubs have already made up their minds and agreed to terms with the player they want and paper work gets lodged in 1-2 days

So far only Henderson has been linked to a club (hawks) the rest are still in limbo

Im certain that if Tigers were into a player we would have signed them the first 2 days , So im not expecting any fA coming to Richmond this year.

Also im starting to have real doubts about Fyfe value to Richmond and what he would cost us in $$$ , Cant see him crossing for less that $1 mil - $1.2 mil a year and that may be not the way we rebuild unless we get rid of a few players that are on $300k-$400k
Grigg,Houli,Edwards,Hampson, etc and replace them with cheaper role players to cover Fyfe's salary without effecting the core group
Martin,Caddy,Prestia,Cotchin,Rance,Riewoldt,Vlastuin,Rioli,Ellis x2
Tend to agree in regards to the DFA,s.No standouts.Pass.
Fyfe,Yep you only have to look at the Cats situation they find themselves in.Target a greater need like a KPD.

Barlow has been magnificent, earned his spot through hard work in the VFL, even played in a (albeit losing) grand final.

I just think that a 28 year old is not needed at Richmond in terms of future goals.
i disagree. All clubs need their share of mature players. It probably rings more true for clubs whose window is at say 1 thru 5 oclock. these clubs usually have a shedload of kids and they need experienced players around them.
Quality mature players is the key and they can be short term while younger players develop but first you have to have the young players to develop.
Quality well performed players raise the standard and forces younger blokes to work hard and succeed to win a spot.

Bar Henderson there hasn't been much news re any of the delisted players & potential new clubs has there

i disagree. All clubs need their share of mature players. It probably rings more true for clubs whose window is at say 1 thru 5 oclock. these clubs usually have a shedload of kids and they need experienced players around them.
Quality mature players is the key and they can be short term while younger players develop but first you have to have the young players to develop.
Quality well performed players raise the standard and forces younger blokes to work hard and succeed to win a spot.
Agree with that Mopsy. GWS moved forward quite a notch with Steve Johnson's arrival. Add Lids to the mix for 2017 and I can seeing them taking out their first GF. That said, Barlow is probably the only DFA I'd like to see at Tigerland next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** off back to your own board troll. You came on here saying one your rejects is better than most of our midfielders, including guys that have had 1 to 2 years experience and 2 players who no longer play for the club.

Barlow couldn't get a gig at the club with one of worst midfields in the comp and he is well past his prime. Don't see many clubs queuing up to sign him.

Fyfe, Neale, Barlow, Mundy, Hill, hardly one of the worst midfields.....
Barlow if fit would walk into our starting 22, in fact so would Fyfe, Neale, Mundy and Hill.

Fyfe, Neale, Barlow, Mundy, Hill, hardly one of the worst midfields.....
Barlow if fit would walk into our starting 22, in fact so would Fyfe, Neale, Mundy and Hill.
Freo midfield depth was really poor last season, one of the main reasons they finished 3rd last. With Brad Hill and Fyfe back from injury and who knows maybe Bennell if his "calf" is better they will be challenging for the 8. Don't rate Barlow now and should target a key defender as DFA.

You on your rags mate?

Fyfe>Dustin Martin
Neale>Prestia
Mundy>Cotchin
Hill> Miles
Walters>Edwards
If our midfield is one of the worst in The Comp then how bad is yours?

According to Balme we aren't interested in Barlow and there is a very slim chance that we will take any delisted players.

That's concerning re our key position depth. There is no stars available but still a couple that could have given us some depth down back

Fyfe>Dustin Martin
Neale>Prestia
Mundy>Cotchin
Hill> Miles
Walters>Edwards
If our midfield is one of the worst in The Comp then how bad is yours?
not bad enough to finish second last

I was looking at the list of delisted free agents earlier and was amazed at some of the names clubs will essentially be able to pick up for free. The following eight players would be significant upgrades on the battlers/plodders/duds we still haven't moved on yet...

Michael Barlow > Townsend
Xavier Richards > Elton
Josh Green > Lambert
Cam O'Shea > Batchelor
Ricky Henderson > Grigg
Will Minson > Maric
Jack Grimes > Hunt
Matt Dea :rolleyes: > Morris

How many can we bring to the club?

Nicely put but don't agree on all of them.

Maric has influence beyond playing - he tidies the room well. Jokes aside - I don't rule him out of playing again if his back is better. He may even play forward ruck. At worst he is a great example to the kids of how to play. He always gives his best and after each contest is looking for the next one.

Grigg is a decent AFL player. Doesn't deserve to be on this list.

Others are mostly similar...apart from Elton (contracted) and Townsend (contracted)

According to Balme we aren't interested in Barlow and there is a very slim chance that we will take any delisted players.

This is the first time I'm starting to see the Balme effect. Not interested in Barlow is the best thing I have read this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back