List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents who are better than players currently on our list

GroggSquad

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I was looking at the list of delisted free agents earlier and was amazed at some of the names clubs will essentially be able to pick up for free. The following eight players would be significant upgrades on the battlers/plodders/duds we still haven't moved on yet...

Michael Barlow > Townsend
Xavier Richards > Elton
Josh Green > Lambert
Cam O'Shea > Batchelor
Ricky Henderson > Grigg
Will Minson > Maric
Jack Grimes > Hunt
Matt Dea :rolleyes: > Morris

How many can we bring to the club?

Dec 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I was looking at the list of delisted free agents earlier and was amazed at some of the names clubs will essentially be able to pick up for free. The following eight players would be significant upgrades on the battlers/plodders/duds we still haven't moved on yet...

Michael Barlow > Townsend Yes
Xavier Richards > Elton Yes but place for both
Josh Green > Lambert No
Cam O'Shea > Batchelor No
Ricky Henderson > Grigg God no
Will Minson > Maric No
Jack Grimes > Hunt No
Matt Dea :rolleyes: > Morris Both should be delisted

Henderson better than Grigg? I don't think so.
Minson is 31 and is as cooked as Ivvy.
The others I agree with, but what's the point getting in more recycleds?

Recycled players are usually recycled for a reason. We might be able to strengthen our depth in spots this year. But I'd guess that we are aiming mainly for youth.

Although there is a fair bit of talent on that list. Most are past their use by date. But could be depth players if needed. I suggest we don't need right now in general.

Richards is the one I'm most keen on. Wouldn't mind Green (would be a bit of a luxury) and Barlow would be an upgrade on say (already delisted) Moore/Townsend IMO.

kingy46

Senior List
Oct 1, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal

Xavier Richards > Elton
Josh Green > Lambert
Cam O'Shea > Batchelor
Ricky Henderson > Grigg
Will Minson > Maric
Jack Grimes > Hunt

Henderson better than Grigg..... I guess that's why we call it silly season.

Matt de boer should be a target as a defensive half forward.
Barlow still has plenty to give, although don't know how well the old legs are going.

Richards is the one I'm most keen on. Wouldn't mind Green (would be a bit of a luxury) and Barlow would be an upgrade on say (already delisted) Moore/Townsend IMO.
Who was the carrot top small forward we picked up from the Lions a few years ago - played about 2 games if I recall...
Deja vu!

Barlow is very much worth a contract IMO and if we DONT look at Richards we are being very negligent with regards to guys who might kick us a winning score.

Who was the carrot top small forward we picked up from the Lions a few years ago - played about 2 games if I recall...
Deja vu!

Barlow is very much worth a contract IMO and if we DONT look at Richards we are being very negligent with regards to guys who might kick us a winning score.

Banfield?

Deja vu!

Troy 'Power Ranga' Banfield? :p

Think Green has him slightly covered for ability but might have a bit of an ego (if its true him putting a high price on his head).

Banfield - 53 games for 57 goals (best efforts 27 & 24 goal seasons).
Green - 81 games for 107 goals (best efforts 24, 33 & 25 goal seasons).

Though with a few options already on the list, a small forward probably isn't a pressing requirement.

Troy 'Power Ranga' Banfield? :p

Think Green has him slightly covered for ability but might have a bit of an ego (if its true him putting a high price on his head).

Banfield - 53 games for 57 goals (best efforts 27 & 24 goal seasons).
Green - 81 games for 107 goals (best efforts 24, 33 & 25 goal seasons).

Though with a few options already on the list, a small forward probably isn't a pressing requirement.
Yup - small forward funnily enough now looks better than it did just 12 months ago.

Key forward however...

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Xavier Richards > Elton
Josh Green > Lambert
Cam O'Shea > Batchelor
Ricky Henderson > Grigg
Will Minson > Maric
Jack Grimes > Hunt

Pretty reasonable post, only one I think has a case against is grigg, I'd still take Henderson though, over batch, hunt , lambert or Morris . O Shea interests me , as I said previous looking at his stats tells me he can play senior footy and better than a few we are carrying , must say haven't watched him closely so I take counsel from those who know better and tell me why

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
O’Shea, 24, pre-empted the October 31 deadline for AFL delistings by announcing his own axing on Sunday morning.

“Thanks for the good times (Port Adelaide Football Club) loved the highs and lows of the past six years. Looking forward to what’s next,” O’Shea wrote on social media as his career at the Power ended at 35 AFL games. His next chapter could unfold at St Kilda.

O’Shea, who played 13 matches this year, spent six seasons at Port Adelaide after being a third-round draft pick (No. 52) in the 2010 national draft.

Of O’Shea, who is expected to move to St Kilda, Davies said: “We thank Cam for his service over the past six seasons and wish him the very best with his future in footy. These decisions are always very difficult but we make them with a long-term view to our list management.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r/news-story/95400af3fb1509dc2648971af1856bd1

upload_2016-11-2_18-30-41.png

upload_2016-11-2_18-30-10.png

Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
Recycled players are usually recycled for a reason. We might be able to strengthen our depth in spots this year. But I'd guess that we are aiming mainly for youth.

Although there is a fair bit of talent on that list. Most are past their use by date. But could be depth players if needed. I suggest we don't need right now in general.

Yes we are aiming for youth now that we have identified what we were aiming for before

Back