Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Vance also said...

"He has great potential -- physical potential -- but it's got to equal performance eventually. He understands that. It's a performance league. Everything we do, it's graded and it's counted. It's really more about what Chad's done, honestly. Chad's played well, he's played with poise, he's played with confidence. He moved the ball for us on Saturday night. It's been that way since the spring. He had a great spring, he's had a great camp. It's his turn to be the two."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ton-lynch-to-third-string-promote-chad-kelly/

It's quite remarkable how long a leash they've given Paxton. What exactly are these gifts they talk about? He's got a strong arm. That's basically it. Everything else he does looks like a baby giraffe learning to walk. I don't think I've ever seen a QB look so awkward in footwork and release on the ball. We'd have been better keeping Brock on the roster and dumping Lynch.

Kelly should absolutely be no.2, but for some reason they seem intent on pushing Paxton to the front. Admit he's shite and move on. Kelly is doing everything right. Training hard and with desire, sorted his off field stuff and has actually shown competency and production on field.

The fact he's virtually untradeable and will cost the Broncos 2 million more to cut him than keep him are the only reason's he's still on the roster.

Either that, or Elway's ego.

The fact he's virtually untradeable and will cost the Broncos 2 million more to cut him than keep him are the only reason's he's still on the roster.

Either that, or Elway's ego.
I don't think it's just Elway in this case, Joseph keeps praising him as well. Elway would be involved for sure, but I think this goes beyond him.

The $ amount is probably all that's keeping him on the team.

I'd say DTs contract is probably hurting us more than Von. At least Vons play backs up his pay, he's easily a top 5 player in the league. DT gets paid like a WR1 but hasn't been that for a few years.
Vons play doesnt back up his pay tho

Its a reward for winning us a SB and i'm fine with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Von is worth the money on our team, put it that way. He's basically the only decent pass rusher we have and still graded out as a top 2 pass rusher in the NFL with only 10 sacks, only Donald has a better pass rush rating. That's ludicrous. With support around him he'd be on 15+ a season easily. Without him we'd be a toothless defence.

DT isn't as dynamic as he used to be. His hip has cruelled him. He's a solid B/B+ receiver now. When he signed the deal I legit thought he was the best in the league along with Dez (at the time), but then his hip got screwy and since then he's been a good receiver with inconsistent hands.

Don't take what I say about DT the wrong way, he's my favorite player on the Broncos, ever since the first superbowl we got smashed I've held him in the highest esteem. He showed immense courage that game and was the only one who cared enough imo. But he's not what he was at this point. Still, I hope he stays a bronco for life.

Last edited:
Difference between Kelly and Lynch is night and day. Kelly has conviction with his throws, steps up and fires it in there, that's what happens when you have confidence in the playbook what the offense is doing. Lynch clearly doesn't have that.

I think my fears may have been confirmed in that our defense is just bog average now. The run D looked so horrible and that was our biggest strength of all last year

I honestly struggle to find many positives. Kelly looked good against players who aren't NFL worthy. We already knew McKenzie could do what he did, he just needed to actually catch the ball. Freeman had one good run, and he did look very good on that run, but I'm skeptical based on everything I've read/seen throughout preseason. Lindsay did look good, I hope he gets significant 3rd downs snaps this season

There's going to be a big load on the offense to carry their weight this year I think. Pass rush didn't look good. People are talking about it as a strength but other than Von the rest is average. Chubb obviously has potential but I'm not confident, I don't think he'll have that good of a year. Barrett and Ray are average.

Sort of can't tell if there's no talent on the roster or it's just all bad coaching. A bit of both. Guys like Marshall, Wolfe, Stewart have dropped off significantly from when this D was elite, but that's also a product of not being around Wade Phillip/Talib/Ware/Jackson/Ward/etc.

All things considered it was just one preseason game and hopefully it's a complete turn around in the next one.

Kelly: -

Yup... all my crapping on about him has a glimmer of hope :D

Liked his agro - getting pissed at the INT- knowing what he did wrong and learning from it. And standing in there and getting lit up but making the throw anyway and completing it. Gutsy. Things to work with.

GO Broncos

4jk8ea2q0ag11.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back