Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, just after some advice. I've not been to a Broncos home game for 10 years but I'm going to the game v Colts in October. What I've observed is that accommodation costs (even on Airbnb) seem to have gone through the roof. Have any of you been there in recent years, and can you give any advice re places to stay. This will be my fourth trip to Denver and it was never this crazy before (cheapest I can find is US $100+ per night to sleep in a shared dorm - stuff that).

Hi guys, just after some advice. I've not been to a Broncos home game for 10 years but I'm going to the game v Colts in October. What I've observed is that accommodation costs (even on Airbnb) seem to have gone through the roof. Have any of you been there in recent years, and can you give any advice re places to stay. This will be my fourth trip to Denver and it was never this crazy before (cheapest I can find is US $100+ per night to sleep in a shared dorm - stuff that).
Sorry mate the last time I was in Denver was probably around 2015/16 odd.

I was very cheap back then, we managed to get an apartment at a Hilton right in the middle of the city for around $160 a night, couldn't believe our luck.

Shame if that's changed.

Sorry mate the last time I was in Denver was probably around 2015/16 odd.

I was very cheap back then, we managed to get an apartment at a Hilton right in the middle of the city for around $160 a night, couldn't believe our luck.

Shame if that's changed.
Appreciate the response, it's a weird situation. I think I'll just keep checking back and see if there's any change.

Plenty options around $100 a night for that weekend within 15Kms of Mile High

in AUD starting from $93 p/n
https://www.trivago.com.au/en-AU/lm...=500-1572371;dr-20221006-20221009;rc-1-2;so-1

in USD starting from $53 p/n
https://www.kayak.com/hotels/Denver-c12493/2022-10-06/2022-10-09/2adults?sort=price_a

Hope this helps :)

Appreciate the response, it's a weird one. I think I'll just keep checking back and see if there's any

https://www.trivago.com.au/en-AU/lm...=500-1572371;dr-20221006-20221009;rc-1-2;so-1

https://www.kayak.com/hotels/Denver-c12493/2022-10-06/2022-10-09/2adults?sort=price_a

Mate, you nailed it. Thanks, will book something now. Can't work out why Booking and Airbnb were such stupid prices, all good now.

Looks like Walton has bought the team.

Not the type of owner I wanted but hopefully he buys to win.
Why not? Seems minted enough that it’s not about the money - also saw he is quite liquid which helps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just didn't come across to me as a buy to win type owner but I don't really know that.

Guess I'm associating richest with most likely to buy for profit.
You need decent wealth to be able to transact on big contracts because you need to put the guarantee straight into escrow.

Not a fan of Walton' s ethos shall we say... and hope it doesnt permeate to the team ethos as it might get a bit uncomfortable...

However, he made his $$ the old fashioned way.... not music bitcoin so there is an understanding of incremental wealth and consistent wealth.

Not expecting him to use the team as an ATM like Stirling or McCort did to Clippers and Dodgers for example...so thats a good thing IMO.

WE will see

What do we think of the $50m a season rumours for Russ?
prob in the range... id hope we get a bit lower just to keep the rest of the team paid and happy.

Gonna have a few on rookie deals popping up next few years and wanna be able to keep them.

ABC Denver's Troy Renck reports Broncos WR KJ Hamler (knee, hip) is a candidate to start training camp on the PUP list.​

Hamler, who's working his way back from a dislocated hip and torn ACL, was limited at OTAs. The Broncos could opt to play it safe with Hamler by placing him on active/PUP, which would then give them the option to stash him on the reserve list. When healthy, Hamler will join a crowded receiver depth chart led by Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick. Jerry Jeudy (core) is expected to be ready for training camp.

The Athletic's Nick Kosmider reports head coach Nathaniel Hackett has "been evasive" when questioned about Randy Gregory's (shoulder) return.​

Gregory signed a five-year, $70 million deal with the Broncos in March and underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his rotator cuff shortly thereafter. As a result, Gregory missed all of the team's offseason workout programs, making Hackett's silence on the subject a bit alarming. Last season with the Cowboys, Gregory totaled six sacks and four tackles for a loss in 12 games but has yet to play a full season in any of his five years in the league.

9News' Mike Klis believes Albert Okwuegbunam and rookie Greg Dulcich will compete for the Broncos' starting tight end job in training camp.​

In a rare move, the Broncos had Dulcich -- taken with the 80th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft -- taking first-team reps during OTAs and minicamp this spring. Dulcich's fast track into the Denver offense slowed a bit when he suffered a core muscle injury -- one that should be healed in time for training camp. Klis called Dulcich, 22, the more "natural receiver" of the Broncos tight ends. Over his final two seasons at UCLA, Dulcich recorded a 31 percent yardage share and a 26 percent touchdown share, proving dominant and operating as a true downfield weapon with a 13.4 average depth of target. Okwuegbunam, meanwhile, finished the 2021 seasons with 33 receptions on 40 targets for 330 yards and two touchdowns mostly running as the team's No. 2 tight end. "It could be that Okwuegbunam is the No. 1 tight end early in the season but Dulcich takes over about midseason," Klis said. "But that’s just speculation based on the early work the Broncos gave Dulcich with the No. 1 offense this offseason. Come the regular season, performance will dictate playing time." Both Denver tight ends are intriguing later-round picks. If Okwuegbunam and Dulcich split pass-catching duties, it could be frustrating for fantasy purposes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back