Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Wirfs is my #1 choice but I don't think he'll fall to us. I even saw a mock draft yesterday with him going at #4!
Yeah agree he will likely not fall. There are other OT options. I would rather take an OT first and a WR in the second or third

Yeah agree he will likely not fall. There are other OT options. I would rather take an OT first and a WR in the second or third
All season I've been saying we need to go OL no matter what. But the speed of Ruggs combine with Sutton and Lock is titillating... I don't want any other WR, just Ruggs.

Franchised Justin Simmons - so CHJ prob gone for good sadly.
It's good that Simmons confirmed earlier that he was keen for the franchise tag because he knew it meant he'd stick around and have more chance of a long term extension. I think that's a real positive of Elways time in charge, the franchise tag here has a decent reputation as normally Elway gives it to people he wants to extend and then gets them signed up. So it's a way to keep working on a deal, whereas most of the league it's seen as a bad thing.

As for CHJ, I think he's only damaging his Denver rep at this point. Openly talking to division rival players and actively courting a division rival team to sign him won't endear you to many. I get that he feels a little disrespected after the whole process; thinking he deserves better. But he's a 31 yr old CB (by next season) and is just coming off probably the worst season of his career, now he's asking for CB1 money but only wants to cover the slot and feels slighted that his team didn't want to give him that.

I love CHJ and always will, but I don't think he's coming across well right now.

Looks like we are trading Jano.

Bit gutted, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. The new scheme doesn't really use FBs so I thought it was going to happen sooner or later.

Looks like we are trading Jano.

Bit gutted, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. The new scheme doesn't really use FBs so I thought it was going to happen sooner or later.
nooo!!!

He was so critical to our run game - granted that OC has shifted now - and Lindsay performed so much better with his lead.

Hard playing FB too - Liked his work.

I like the Melvin Gordon pickup. In my mind he'll be the 1B and receiving back - replacing Freeman and Booker in those roles - with Lindsay still being 1A.

I'm backing Gordon to have a career high in receptions this season.

I like the Melvin Gordon pickup. In my mind he'll be the 1B back and receiving back - replacing Freeman and Booker in those roles - with Lindsay still being 1a.

I'm backing Gordon to have a career high in receptions this season.
Problem Linday has performed as well as if not better than MG over the last 2 years and Gordon is making 16 m and Lindsay 770k.

Now - Elway has said they will do something after FA and we are not there yet so there is time to make this difference less - but he needs to do it.

Lindsay has added fire and character to the locker room - not rewarding him and doing the right thing here will be way worse than just not paying him. ITs a bad look.

TO that - im not sayng Lindsay needs to get 16 million either - a few million yes until - but still can be respectful to the SC and what we can afford to do.

Problem Linday has performed as well as if not better than MG over the last 2 years and Gordon is making 16 m and Lindsay 770k.

Now - Elway has said they will do something after FA and we are not there yet so there is time to make this difference less - but he needs to do it.

Lindsay has added fire and character to the locker room - not rewarding him and doing the right thing here will be way worse than just not paying him. ITs a bad look.

TO that - im not sayng Lindsay needs to get 16 million either - a few million yes until - but still can be respectful to the SC and what we can afford to do.
I think Lindsay would hopefully be getting more than 2 yrs $16 mil. Probably something like 3 yrs at $27m perhaps.

As always though the big thing with contracts these days is guarantees. Lindsay might get a similar per year and but will get a decent chunk fully guaranteed. That is my hope anyway. 3 yrs $27m with $16m fully guaranteed or something in that ball park would be a decent contract.

However it's worth noting that Lindsay is actually older than Gurley. So in essence his first extension will be the biggest contract of his career, and maybe his only one. So I hope we don't low ball him, me might be tempted to look elsewhere offering more $ in that case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume we all know that NFL gamepass is free until July 31st?

Anyway I've been watching a couple games on the 40 min cuts. Just watched the AFC Championship game vs the Pats in 15. Tom Brady was properly crapping himself in the 2nd half, we were all over him every play.

I'd forgotting how hard Darian Stewart was hitting people back then. One play in particular he lit up Gronk on a catch across the middle, pretty impressive considering Gronk would have 30, 40+ pounds on him.

Gotta say that was a fun watch. I'd forgotten how good the pass rush was that game. Jackson flattened Brady a few times, which was sexy.

I assume we all know that NFL gamepass is free until July 31st?

Anyway I've been watching a couple games on the 40 min cuts. Just watched the AFC Championship game vs the Pats in 15. Tom Brady was properly crapping himself in the 2nd half, we were all over him every play.

I'd forgotting how hard Darian Stewart was hitting people back then. One play in particular he lit up Gronk on a catch across the middle, pretty impressive considering Gronk would have 30, 40+ pounds on him.

Gotta say that was a fun watch. I'd forgotten how good the pass rush was that game. Jackson flattened Brady a few times, which was sexy.

Was not aware of that... onto it now though ;)

Ok I definitely want CeeDee Lamb too now. Is it just me or is he the clear #1 over Ruggs and Jeudy?

Wouldn't mind those guys either but for me its

1. Lamb
2. Ruggs
3. Jeudy

I also think Jefferson is a very close 4th but not as great of a fit right now as he's probably the closes out of the 4 to Sutton. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing but would be good to have some versatility

Would be ecstatic if we got Lamb

If we were going to go for a guy in the later rounds I'd love Cephus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back