Health Depression

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
* I don't have a clue what to say.
You walk into a GP with your history potentially want to do * knows what
and then you're asked how do you feel???
I can't say anything sorry I'm not articulate.
I went to a GP but I don't have a ******* clue what to say.

fu** I don't have a clue what to say.
You walk into a GP with your history potentially want to do fu** knows what
and then you're asked how do you feel???
I can't say anything sorry I'm not articulate.
I went to a GP but I don't have a ******* clue what to say.
I’m with you mate, I’m now an expert of just telling people I’m fine or ok because I honestly don’t think there is a fix for how I am. I’m just riding the ups and downs now. I get very little enjoyment out of anything anymore I just pretend I’m doing ok to keep the peace with everyone. I’m the result of poor choices in my life no amount of forgiveness nor therapy will change the person I am. If there was a way I could just disappear without my family being upset I would.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m with you mate, I’m now an expert of just telling people I’m fine or ok because I honestly don’t think there is a fix for how I am. I’m just riding the ups and downs now. I get very little enjoyment out of anything anymore I just pretend I’m doing ok to keep the peace with everyone. I’m the result of poor choices in my life no amount of forgiveness nor therapy will change the person I am. If there was a way I could just disappear without my family being upset I would.
Don't worry bout therapy * it.
Only got a certain amount of years live em. Just find a way to get motivated. I'm trying to do it myself.
I guess with life comes acceptance.
I'm learning to forget work forget dating and relationships forget friends I'll just be me and live out my days. All you can do

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm too old for this s**t anyway. Is what it is what's happened in life happened. My mental * ups are what they are. I'm beyond giving a s**t. I'll move and just live on the streets * it

Just a vent for myself here, but how sad is it when you don’t even know what to write in a card for your own mum. Everything I’ve looked up doesn’t feel right.
I’ve only realised recently that I suffer from childhood emotional neglect, my parents didn’t abuse me, they raised me fine but they simply weren’t loving and didn’t give me the emotional side of growing up. I’m only learning now why I feel nothing towards my parents. I love them but there is not a strong emotional connection, unlike the connection I have with my wife and kids. What they did has caused me to be cold, emotionless , alone and a massive loss of self confidence and hatred towards myself. I want to be angry at them and tell them what they’ve done but they won’t understand as they most likely were brought up this way. So for now I’ll have to write some crap in a card to appease everyone even though inside I’m hurting so much.

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m sorry to hear that and I totally understand. My parents were very abusive and I don’t love them either.
Have you thought about getting some therapy?

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It will always be like this. I will always be depressed. There is no cure. And there will always be other boards other therapies that will offer the world.
But you need to do what works for you enjoy life it may not be the best but don't put up with any s**t

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Ok so

Crazy 3 months.

Start of the year went on Meds, Dropped 14 kilos, was eating right

Dont know when I exactly lost it, but put 7 back on was homeless and it became really hard, , It's really rough trying to get back to that spot, Swapped meds, I think the lack of sleep is the hard bit. Plus relapsed into drugs again

My fiinancial situation means I cant afford to live by myself

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Run n Spread is probably my fav poster on this forum coz I feel the same way as he feels with nearly every post of his.
Thanks mate. Not sure it's the greatest but is what it is. It's ******* 230 and I haven't slept properly in God knows how long but * it live life as best you can for yourself.
Do your best it's all you can do. It won't ever be enough for most people but it's your life.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I think I bounced out of my depression last week. I'm currently using an organiser app to get a few things done, as I've been inactive for months.

I still haven't played the flute for a couple months. Normally that is a barometer for my depression. I tried to play yesterday but I just ended up taking a nap instead.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
G’day dudes,

First off, reading through the latest posts, I’ll say this - when life is rough, and I mean you’re at THAT moment….remember one path is forever and the other is just temporary. No matter how bad life is, everything you do, BAR THAT ONE THING, is temporary and will pass. There is always light, just sometimes we cannot see it.

With that said - my last post here was the plan. I can report that my house settled last Monday. I now own 3 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, a passport, one phone and one backpack. Everything else is gone.

I have middle 6 figures in the bank. I’m living in a hotel in the city until I decide when and where I’m jetting off to.

I haven’t felt this good in 30 years. I feel, at 51, that my best years are ahead of me. I feel in touch with myself and the Universe in a magical way. I am exactly where I was meant to be.

For those of you struggling and doing it tough, I am sending love through the ether to you. All I have is my words, so mark them well for they may help - do what YOU have to do to see the sunshine in your life again. If that means doing something like I have done, do it. I cannot stress enough how darkness is an evil beast. Not only do you contemplate the eternity of one path, but you lose sight of every other path. And as you run in ever decreasing circles, the eternity beckons with the promise of relief.

But we don’t live for relief, we live to experience and grow. You all have skills and strengths special to you - revel in that. Even if it’s something you think isn’t special. It is. YOU are special, YOU are wonderful and YOU matter. Fight tooth and nail to see tomorrow my friends, because the Universe needs you.

And one day, you will feel the sun again. Peace.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
G’day dudes,

First off, reading through the latest posts, I’ll say this - when life is rough, and I mean you’re at THAT moment….remember one path is forever and the other is just temporary. No matter how bad life is, everything you do, BAR THAT ONE THING, is temporary and will pass. There is always light, just sometimes we cannot see it.

With that said - my last post here was the plan. I can report that my house settled last Monday. I now own 3 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, a passport, one phone and one backpack. Everything else is gone.

I have middle 6 figures in the bank. I’m living in a hotel in the city until I decide when and where I’m jetting off to.

I haven’t felt this good in 30 years. I feel, at 51, that my best years are ahead of me. I feel in touch with myself and the Universe in a magical way. I am exactly where I was meant to be.

For those of you struggling and doing it tough, I am sending love through the ether to you. All I have is my words, so mark them well for they may help - do what YOU have to do to see the sunshine in your life again. If that means doing something like I have done, do it. I cannot stress enough how darkness is an evil beast. Not only do you contemplate the eternity of one path, but you lose sight of every other path. And as you run in ever decreasing circles, the eternity beckons with the promise of relief.

But we don’t live for relief, we live to experience and grow. You all have skills and strengths special to you - revel in that. Even if it’s something you think isn’t special. It is. YOU are special, YOU are wonderful and YOU matter. Fight tooth and nail to see tomorrow my friends, because the Universe needs you.

And one day, you will feel the sun again. Peace.
That is very cool of you. Luckily though, your in a very exciting privlidged position, so thats something to look foward to and be excited about. No doubt through your hard work through the years. So congratulations,well done !
Many though, do not have anything like that even remotely possibly or hopeful on the horizon.
In all seriousness though, congratulations and I hope your next stage of life brings you everything and more thaat you hope for!

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I'm curious to know how much attention you all pay to diet and exercise, and how that affects your state of mind?
A hell of a lot and IMO should be essential to help manage your mood.

It's amazing how many eat poorly, don't exercise, get poor sleep, don't drink enough water, drink too much caffeine and booze and then wonder why they aren't feeling the best.

As much as depression can hit you in many different ways and be prompted by a lot of different sets of circumstances you have to give yourself a fighting chance by treating your mind and body well.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Well I'm on two anti depressants Lexapro and deptran. Deptran I use for sleep and have for a few years and Lexapro I've started to use lately.

Doctor and my nurse at my clinic think I've stopped deptran as they told me there is a risk for seratonin syndrome. Still taking deptran at night and taking a lot sometimes six 25mg tablets like last night. On average I'm taking 3 a night.

Life is ugly and ducked up. Slow suicide? Most days I hope so.

Did sweat last night which is a symptom of seratonin syndrome.

I really think Lexapro is the worst drug of them all. If the TGA had any brains itd be banned by now. Its absurd to hand out a anti-depressant with such strong links to suicide thoughts. A bit like handing out weight loss pills that increase your desire to eat

I think alot of the problems we have mental health wise are also the terrible drugs that we give. Much better options out there that dont get used for a many stupid reasons

Keep posting in here every single day... Day or night... whenever you want... At least its a sort of outlet and people in similar boats.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
+1

Anyone suffering from depression and it gets bad, please post on here.

You may not realize it, but sometimes, knowing that you are not alone and that there are others out there suffering too, is comforting.

A few years back I had some dark days, that lasted months. However, I can assure you all out there that are suffering, that your life will improve. Sure you get setbacks and regress, but if you can try and maintain a course of getting better, you will get some semblance of life returning to some form of normality.

No matter what happens to anyone on here that is suffering, Bigfooty is always 24/7, someone is always up for chat, argument or friendly discussion on here.

The caveat being unless some player, club or official does something so stupid that it crashes Bigfooty, lol.

A hell of a lot and IMO should be essential to help manage your mood.

It's amazing how many eat poorly, don't exercise, get poor sleep, don't drink enough water, drink too much caffeine and booze and then wonder why they aren't feeling the best.

As much as depression can hit you in many different ways and be prompted by a lot of different sets of circumstances you have to give yourself a fighting chance by treating your mind and body well.

Food and in particular junk food, can be too comforting. Sometimes the ability to think about going to exercise can be too much for some.

I will say to anyone out there not eating,sleeping or drinking properly, to try and at least go for a walk. You will be surprised just how powerful a simple walk 10-20 min walk can be to clear the mind.

When you begin to walk, you then can start to look at wanting to exercise properly and from there, you will then appreciate how important it is to eat and drink properly to fuel your workouts but also sleep too to assist in your recovery.

Every journey, begins with one step.

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At my blood test today started talking to the nurse about my Depression and Anxiety.

Even after she said she suffered from it to, and was very nice, I left there overthinking how she'll think I'm a pussy for my admission and how she'll laugh about it with the other nurse. That this guy, being a 6'3, fairly well built guy, how could he have it? It's the over-analyzing of every social interaction that is so unbelievably exhausting.

Maybe it stems from my co-workers who work in the hospital, talk about their friend's (nurses) PTSD and bipolar and behind their back says how they should get over it....other nurses talking about people 'snapping out of it' etc....it's like....am I really over analyzing if this attitude is still this prevalent...among healthcare workers of all people!

At my blood test today started talking to the nurse about my Depression and Anxiety.

Even after she said she suffered from it to, and was very nice, I left there overthinking how she'll think I'm a pussy for my admission and how she'll laugh about it with the other nurse. That this guy, being a 6'3, fairly well built guy, how could he have it? It's the over-analyzing of every social interaction that is so unbelievably exhausting.

Maybe it stems from my co-workers who work in the hospital, talk about their friend's (nurses) PTSD and bipolar and behind their back says how they should get over it....other nurses talking about people 'snapping out of it' etc....it's like....am I really over analyzing if this attitude is still this prevalent...among healthcare workers of all people!
Unless someone has had depression or a loved one or understands and has actually properly studied it at uni, most people lack the understanding of how depression and anxiety can effect your life in every single way.

I wouldnt worry or concern yourself over it.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Food and in particular junk food, can be too comforting. Sometimes the ability to think about going to exercise can be too much for some.

I will say to anyone out there not eating,sleeping or drinking properly, to try and at least go for a walk. You will be surprised just how powerful a simple walk 10-20 min walk can be to clear the mind.

When you begin to walk, you then can start to look at wanting to exercise properly and from there, you will then appreciate how important it is to eat and drink properly to fuel your workouts but also sleep too to assist in your recovery.

Every journey, begins with one step.
One of the best tricks I learnt was to aim small at whatever activity you're trying to do.

If you're wanting to go on a run just aim for a trip around the block - your mind will often intervene to do more. Then do that until it becomes a habit and automatic and almost mechanical.

Same for reading, same for meditation - anything you want to incorporate start almost ridiculously slow so at at absolute worst you've ticked it off.

I find I just tend to eat healthy if I exercise because I don't want to sabotage the gains I've made from eating correctly. That too just becomes a self-sustaining cycle.

In reality most good habits feed on eat other.

Good nutrition means you're more likely to exercise (and vice versa), good exercise means you exhaust yourself by the end of the day and have better sleep. Good sleep means you're more likely to be in the mood to eat well (your brain craves food more when you are tired) and exercise.

Back