Workshop design a tasmania logo and jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tassie Convicts, it has been posted in the 'Random Designs' thread.

tassieconvicts.png

If they make a tassie team I doubt it would be called Tasmania something just in case they ever want to have a second team down there.

You're expecting a population explosion from 510,000 to about 2 million within the next 20 years.

They don't need to bring in a 2nd team in the next 20 years... I just don't think they'll name a team after a state.
Couldn't agree more. I don't know why people thinks the AFL will introduce a team named after a State/ Territory. It annoys me even that there is the NT Thunder in the NEAFL let alone if there were an 'NT Thunder' type team in the AFL!

A Tasmanian team would be named Tasmania. Almost no doubt in that. The North-South rivalry here is too big for an AFL team to be played out of one city. A Tassie team would split home games evenly between Launceston and Hobart. The uproar would be absolutely huge if a team was named Hobart, especially.

The only way I can see it happening is if one of Aurora or Bellerive goes over major renovation. By major, I mean a huge renovation. It'd have to become one of the best stadiums in the land for either the north or south not to get up in arms about it.

Here's one I made a while ago. I think I got the idea of using reeds from a Cascade bottle and I think it's pretty dynamic, particularly on the away jumper.
TasmaniaFullConcept.png

Tassie has released Devils branding, which will now be used for all men’s and women’s Tassie teams - incl future TAC and VFL clubs.

http://www.afltas.com.au/the-devils-are-back/

TASDEV-1080x675.png

Perhaps the triangle devil logo could be on the jumper, as an updated take on the old tassie map style.

Reckon green, yellow and red is a pretty unique combo that works well.

The final name options were voted on -

Devils 74.4%
Mariners 12.29%
Storm 7.51%
Mavericks 3.41%
Warriors 2.39%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a bad logo, a bit 2000s Hawks/Cats/Kangaroos with the layout but it's not bad.

There's so much potential for them though, the colours but the idea of using the map as a vague shield has so much potential. Why they don't integrate that is probably just pure laziness. Tried it once or twice, looked weird, 'eh let's not worry.'

It's not a bad logo, a bit 2000s Hawks/Cats/Kangaroos with the layout but it's not bad.

There's so much potential for them though, the colours but the idea of using the map as a vague shield has so much potential. Why they don't integrate that is probably just pure laziness. Tried it once or twice, looked weird, 'eh let's not worry.'
I don't know... I think the logo is as good as the other two Tasmanian teams

Tassie has released Devils branding, which will now be used for all men’s and women’s Tassie teams - incl future TAC and VFL clubs.

http://www.afltas.com.au/the-devils-are-back/

TASDEV-1080x675.png

Perhaps the triangle devil logo could be on the jumper, as an updated take on the old tassie map style.

Reckon green, yellow and red is a pretty unique combo that works well.

The final name options were voted on -

Devils 74.4%
Mariners 12.29%
Storm 7.51%
Mavericks 3.41%
Warriors 2.39%
Hopefully they do not carry this into the AFL.

Why? I reckon it looks pretty good. Clear and easy to read wordmark, a shield that represents the whole state, and a mascot that is not by any means horrendous and because its a likeable design it will appeal to the target audience, who ultimately are primary school aged kids.

The colours also represent the whole state, and allow for a complete set of jumpers using each of the three colours. A simple 'V' design with the colours swapped around for home, away and clash is an ideal set-up

How come? It already has far more identity than the Suns or Giants by having a legitimate mascot. They can be cute but tough as nails. Pretty much covers every base as far as target audience with both kids and adults. Colours are unique in an AFL history sense and look visually appealing.

Logo is solid but not spectacular, but I like the colours and the use of Devils along with an actual Tasmanian Devil as the logo to differentiate from the Demons.

Plenty to work with within the identity and screams Tasmania. That's a big success.

If they ever get an AFL club I think they will, they’re branding every team that’s named “Tasmania” like this, boys girls women and men, so fair chance they’re already trying to build a brand.
That would be bad. Already have the Demons so having Devils would just be jarring.

Why? I reckon it looks pretty good. Clear and easy to read wordmark, a shield that represents the whole state, and a mascot that is not by any means horrendous and because its a likeable design it will appeal to the target audience, who ultimately are primary school aged kids.

The colours also represent the whole state, and allow for a complete set of jumpers using each of the three colours. A simple 'V' design with the colours swapped around for home, away and clash is an ideal set-up
Already a team with a very similar moniker. Would be like if Port entered with the magpies moniker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back