Workshop Design Adelaide Football Club Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, it was made to smacked on a faux heritage jumper. I can see why you'd use it, but I'm sure most Adelaide fans would either not even notice if it was changed or would be happy with it, it's just such a poor monogram.

But hey, it's your club, and if that's what you feel they should go with then power to you.

To be fair, it was made to smacked on a faux heritage jumper. I can see why you'd use it, but I'm sure most Adelaide fans would either not even notice if it was changed or would be happy with it, it's just such a poor monogram.

But hey, it's your club, and if that's what you feel they should go with then power to you.
It actually has been on the club's gold jacket (worn on B&F night by the player awarded club champion) since the inaugural season. I'd feel a bit wrong changing piece of the club's history no matter how bad it is.

I wasn't asking you to go back and do it my way, if I came off as a dick in that respect, it wasn't my intention. I'm doing an austin crow based design of my own which I hopefully am happy with and feel free to get stuck into it if/when is posted. In fact I encourage you to, as this board needs more critical assessment in my opinion.

I like you, Scum. Good call. Everyone has always toed around being critical for fear of offending but there's a difference between a prick and actually providing constructive feedback. Good work.

In fact I encourage you to, as this board needs more critical assessment in my opinion.
This is very true. The best way to improve designing abilities is to receive constructive criticism, and I think we've lost that on this board.

The monogram is pure garbage man, doesn't suit Adelaide either. The Count has the right idea.

The crow is a great symbol and should be bigged up like an American style mascot logo. This isn't a criticism of the Crows but Port has 'dibs' on the traditional footy club vibe in SA so why not go for a point of difference and play up a modern image?

I must have said it a million times but their wordmark is fantastic and if I were in charge I'd strip the A off it and use it as a merch logo, for hats and whatever. Or something similar. The AFC monogram is pretty poxy compared to a strong A.

Maybe I'll mock something up so I don't rave and look like a big dumb idiot.

Hey guys, sorry to drop in on the thread - I'm new around these parts.
Love the designs, but agree with the post above; the monogram isn't at all original, neither does it provide a point of difference for Adelaide.

Without sounding too much of an echo, I always thought that the letter A should be central to the Crows' branding; it is both unique (no other club begins with 'A'), quite original in terms of AFL branding (aside from GWS' 'G'), and has the potential for a really strong aesthetic.

I'm pretty rubbish when it comes to Illustrator etc, but would love to see some designs using the letter A as a centrepiece (if anyone has the time/inclination)...

Last edited:
CBYzQGeUQAE_qWt.jpg

It's just a mangled mash of the letters.

This is basically a trace of what they already have but with the A standing alone. I just reckon it'd look way more distinct and more Adelaide.

Adelaide A.png

Hey guys, sorry to drop in on the thread - I'm new around these parts.
Love the designs, but agree with the post above; the monogram isn't at all original, neither does it provide a point of difference for Adelaide.

Without sounding too much of an echo, I always thought that the letter A should be central to the Crows' branding; it is both unique (no other club begins with 'A'), quite original in terms of AFL branding (aside form GWS' 'G'), and has the potential for a really strong aesthetic.

I'm pretty rubbish when it comes to Illustrator etc, but would love to see some designs using the letter A as a centrepiece (if anyone has the time/inclination)...

CBYzQGeUQAE_qWt.jpg

This is basically a trace of what they already have but with the A standing alone. I just reckon it'd look way more distinct and more Adelaide.

View attachment 310015

I love the current A and I've only ever seen it used by itself on one piece of merch, which is a real shame (I might see if I can go and track it down as it looked pretty awesome imo).

Could this A along with a WFAO/old school crow combo work? I gave it a bit of a 2 minute job but will try to refine it in a style that doesn't scream 'crow silhouette google image search' when I get the chance.
DgAO9XO.png

I love the current A and I've only ever seen it used by itself on one piece of merch, which is a real shame (I might see if I can go and track it down as it looked pretty awesome imo).

Could this A along with a WFAO/old school crow combo work? I gave it a bit of a 2 minute job but will try to refine it in a style that doesn't scream 'crow silhouette google image search' when I get the chance.
DgAO9XO.png
That's a great idea. Something very US sports about it, in a good way. Not like the current logo, which is very US sports but executed so terribly.

Yeah I reckon that has some real potential. It would be cool to try and use the Spartan 'Lambda' concept for something more traditional which could go on club jackets/official attire etc.

677c56b7eead02c312ac4b2fb3cb3e8e.jpg

Yeah I reckon that has some real potential. It would be cool to try and use the Spartan 'Lambda' concept for something more traditional which could go on club jackets/official attire etc.

677c56b7eead02c312ac4b2fb3cb3e8e.jpg
This is the only example of the standalone A that I could find on merch, (the generic k-mart stuff believe it or not) the quality is a bit crap but you get the idea. A design in this sort of style could work well.
Adelaide-Crows-Mens-Premium-Hood.jpg

Sorry for the dodgy execution, but I think something along this line of thinking could be unique within the AFL, and useful for the more corporate/formal side of things. Maybe 'Adelaide Crows' or something could be added between the circles for easier recognition...

AFC.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a go at putting the A on a hat (because that would be lit)
View attachment 310080
Surely they must have thought about this at one stage or another. It's the perfect design for a baseball style cap and someone along the line has turned it down, tempted to send them an email or a tweet requesting that they make these to find out why it hasn't been done.

EB28B75D-6A68-4388-B136-FB2BBD93B256-199-0000006A61D76948_tmp.png 650D1EC7-45B3-4AB6-91B3-3ED1574C8C58-199-0000006A877C6364_tmp.png
Oakland pull it off. I don't see why the Crows couldn't. Would the public be ready to accept it though, in not sure.

Surely they must have thought about this at one stage or another. It's the perfect design for a baseball style cap and someone along the line has turned it down, tempted to send them an email or a tweet requesting that they make these to find out why it hasn't been done.

Would love to hear the justification... it seems like a pretty obvious move...

CBYzQGeUQAE_qWt.jpg

View attachment 310015

You could argue that's what every monogram is.......

The monogram is what it is, I'm ok with it and how it's been used on the hats. Id' prefer that over the standalone A FWIW.

Love the first design below. Contains both history and the logo from the hugely successful WFAO branding. Nice use of all three colours as well.

It's a complete myth to say it was created for the heritage guernsey in 2005.
Originally I only planned to create a vector version of the monogram today (which I am happy to give out if anyone wants) but of course I wanted to use it on something straight away, so I put together some european style shields, in a modern style of course. I tried to keep it to simple, symbolic elements; the monogram, the WFAO crow and the hoops. Taking inspiration from the Austin Crows logo which has a half and half shield like this at the back.
In the end I wasn't to sure about including the WFAO crow on the shield itself, I like it above the shield but I think this messes with the proportions. but overall I think that the hooped one looks best, I can imagine it looking great on the gold jacket.
This isn't my final design, more just something to get an actual design in this thread.
SvgJbiH.png

I'm not sold on the monogram - most of them generally suck and it's becoming a tired trope - but I'm not that hot on the A either. It might be cool for a few years but ultimately a crow is a strong symbol, and there's so much potential for a good logo to come out of that animal.

Also, Adelaide are more commonly called 'the Crows' I reckon - it's not like most other teams where say, Hawthorn and 'the Hawks' are used as much as one another. 'Adelaide' alone has always sounded weird to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did you draw that Crow yourself? Because that is insanely good! Thats exactly what I'd like to see, something in the mould of the Austin Crows without being exactly the same and I think you've nailed it. Brilliant job! The "A" ribbon in the background is an interesting addition, and the font could probably be improved. But man, that Crow...!
Not 100% sold on the Crow. I would like to see more of a fiercer glint in the eye , as they do with the Big Screen production. I also would like to see it slightly darker. That's whats missing. The football. Needs the football in its claws. Isnt one of the players brothers the Coach or Captain of the Austin Crows? I think AmericanCrow spoke to him on the #BFCrowsPodcast

But as a concept yes I like it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back