Fulham
It's as simple as this. Our run home is as follows:
Swans (A)
Port (A)
Eagles (H)
Demons (A)
North (H)
Tigers (A)

If we win 4 games we are guaranteed to play finals.

If we win 3 (Tigers,Swans,Demons) then we most probably just fall in the 8( depending on %).

If we win 2 then I can't see us making the finals.

We are as much a finals chance as any other team from 5th until 11th place.

We have our work cut out with a harder run in than most teams, but if we are good enough then we will deserve to play finals.

Two things that will make us finals bound are pressure/intensity and goal kicking accuracy. We let a golden chance slip on Friday night with both those factors rearing its ugly head. The coaching stuff need to find a way to fire them up ala the tigers game, because right from the bounce you could just see that we were not switched on/lacked intensity.

Our goal kicking all season he been terrible besides the tigers game, and now it's more so mental than anything else. When guys like Billings etc look to pass off 30 out on a slight angle, then that tells you everything. Worse we could do is get someone down to the club to speak to them and give them a few tips because as it stands the practice they so called do just isn't working.

Lastly I will be in Europe and will be returning back on the 25th of August with our last game against the tigers a day after so you will not be hearing from me in that time. I will try and find a way to watch the games but it will be a bit tough. Hopefully we are still in the race at that point so I can watch us play finals. Soo long people and hopefully see you all in September!!

Go the mighty Saints!!!

It's as simple as this. Our run home is as follows:
Swans (A)
Port (A)
Eagles (H)
Demons (A)
North (H)
Tigers (A)

If we win 4 games we are guaranteed to play finals.

If we win 3 (Tigers,Swans,Demons) then we most probably just fall in the 8( depending on %).

If we win 2 then I can't see us making the finals.

We are as much a finals chance as any other team from 5th until 11th place.

We have our work cut out with a harder run in than most teams, but if we are good enough then we will deserve to play finals.

Two things that will make us finals bound are pressure/intensity and goal kicking accuracy. We let a golden chance slip on Friday night with both those factors rearing its ugly head. The coaching stuff need to find a way to fire them up ala the tigers game, because right from the bounce you could just see that we were not switched on/lacked intensity.

Our goal kicking all season he been terrible besides the tigers game, and now it's more so mental than anything else. When guys like Billings etc look to pass off 30 out on a slight angle, then that tells you everything. Worse we could do is get someone down to the club to speak to them and give them a few tips because as it stands the practice they so called do just isn't working.

Lastly I will be in Europe and will be returning back on the 25th of August with our last game against the tigers a day after so you will not be hearing from me in that time. I will try and find a way to watch the games but it will be a bit tough. Hopefully we are still in the race at that point so I can watch us play finals. Soo long people and hopefully see you all in September!!

Go the mighty Saints!!!
If we win four are we really guaranteed to make the eight mathematically?

Swans - W
Port - L
Eagles -L
Melb - W
North - W
Tigers - L

I think we'll go .500 over the next 6 games but miss on percentage, too many blowout losses (someone said in another post our avg losing margin is 40!?!?) not to say that it's a wasted season - massive improvements in some burgeoning stars and being on the cusp of finals will be enticing to potential trade players.
Would love to get some finals experience into the lads but don't like the chances.
Have a great time in Europe DarkSaint and if you're heading to Germany be sure to hit up Superduperouzel for some ales.

6 games to go mate. Soft
Keep your chin up.
Watch my boy Longy, holler for a Marshall next week and enjoy the cold Freeze headed our way in 3 weeks time.

i've got it % wise chance of winning
Sydney Away (25%)
Port Away (35%)
WCE (40%)
Melb (45%)
Norf (90%)
Rich (50%)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney Away (25%)
Port Away (35%)
WCE (40%)
Melb (45%)
Norf (90%)
Rich (50%)
Pessimistic view on several.
Suggest you head to a game with JiggsteR45 and let some positivity influence you.

dogs draw is unbelievably easy which means another team is dropping out of the 8

i have us finishing 11th, 10 wins for the year

They have beaten Cartlon and North in the last 6 weeks. And they scrapped across the line by a point against North.
I see them winning 3. I see 2 losses and a crucial 50/50 against the Dons.

I see wins for us against WCE and North.
50/50 games against Dees Tigers and Power
Def lose against Swans.

Not over yet by a long shot

Sydney Away (25%)
Port Away (35%)
WCE (40%)
Melb (45%)
Norf (90%)
Rich (50%)
We are a very chance to win the last 4 games
WCE over here very good chance 70%
Melb - they have a lot of injures at least 50%
Norf - They have a Scott coaching them 100%
Rich - we won't do what we did last time but 50 %

We are a very chance to win the last 4 games
WCE over here very good chance 70%
Melb - they have a lot of injures at least 50%
Norf - They have a Scott coaching them 100%
Rich - we won't do what we did last time but 50 %

13 wins & we play finals. Any less with our percentage & we miss. I think we lose the next two & that will be enough to shut down any momentum we had after the four wins on the trot. I'm going with 11-12 wins for the season.

13 wins & we play finals. Any less with our percentage & we miss. I think we lose the next two & that will be enough to shut down any momentum we had after the four wins on the trot. I'm going with 11-12 wins for the season.
It is St Kilda we could win the next 2

And lose the last 4 ;)

Well we are 9th now. No worse position to finish in. Get the feeling that we will not finish there one way or another.

Swans - W
Port - L
Eagles -L
Melb - W
North - W
Tigers - L

I think we'll go .500 over the next 6 games but miss on percentage, too many blowout losses (someone said in another post our avg losing margin is 40!?!?) not to say that it's a wasted season - massive improvements in some burgeoning stars and being on the cusp of finals will be enticing to potential trade players.
Would love to get some finals experience into the lads but don't like the chances.
Have a great time in Europe DarkSaint and if you're heading to Germany be sure to hit up Superduperouzel for some ales.

I reckon we likely lose to Swans and Power and win the rest. Eagles are s**t, Melbourne are losing players by the week and North...well enough said. Tigers could be psychologically damaged from us beating them or set themselves to roll us. To me that's the danger game.

They should be all winnable games if the Saints want to be a realistic chance of playing finals? However reality suggest there is probably 3 wins left in the team and they will miss out on percentage. Too many blow out losses will cost them again in 2017!

Pretty much this. Lose to Essendon by an honourable 30 points & we are sitting in the 8. Goes with all our losses, averaging around 40 points a hit!

If the club wants to prove it is on the rise, then it shouldn't get a 10 goal flogging by Essendon, and in the same breath, if we really think we are improving, then we either beat the Swans or have a competitive loss, otherwise this is a wasted season where too many of our middle rung of players didn't take a step, and the coached got regularly out-coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back