Opinion Destruction of the Shinboner Spirit- REBORN 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Bloods Culture" is an extra million bucks in the salary cap every year.

Shinboner Spirit is the exact opposite.

snake, a little off topic here, but i posted it somewhere else tonite and cant remember where, i have read on the club stats page that lachie has layed a total of 3 tackles this year, if true, your thoughts ?

snake, a little off topic here, but i posted it somewhere else tonite and cant remember where, i have read on the club stats page that lachie has layed a total of 3 tackles this year, if true, your thoughts ?

Largely irrelevant for a player of his type.

Beat his opponent again. What more do you want?

Largely irrelevant for a player of his type.

Beat his opponent again. What more do you want?
personally i reckon 1 tackle per quarter should not unreasonable, but if he is beating his opponent i am not calling for him to be dropped, just every player should be aiming to make at least 1 effective tackle per game at a minimum

personally i reckon 1 tackle per quarter should not unreasonable, but if he is beating his opponent i am not calling for him to be dropped, just every player should be aiming to make at least 1 effective tackle per game at a minimum

88 tackles is 20% above the best side in the comp.

If he keeps his opposition KPF to ~< 2 goals and picks up 10 marks then I honestly couldn't give two *s if he never lays a tackle again.

We have far bigger issues to be concerned about. The tackling has more to do with the coaches instructions.

Nobody was crapping on about "Bloods Culture" when they were losing in 2009.

Or when they won three wooden spoons in a row and didn't win a game in over 26 matches or not win a flag for 72 years.

The "Bloods" stuff is manufactured grafted bullshit designed to give a culture to a club that doesn't have one.

My homies and I would like to nominate this for POTY.

Bloods++Crips+cripspd.jpg

RIP Shinboner Spirit. Actually, it's been dead for a fair while. When is the last time we came back & won a game after being 5 goals down???
Collingwood and St Kilda last year. Fact is we have really fallen so far behind in the last few seasons.

Shinboner Spirit is a good ethos if you want to survive. If you want to thrive, you need something better.

Pagan won 2 GF's evoking the SB spirit. What's our final's record since??? It's not the cure-all...but we are fools for dismissing it. Ask the players - in the late 90's we won games, on this 'intangible'. You dont believe, go watch in 99, in 2nd half of year, when we came from behind to win. The PF & GF are examples!!!

Pagan won 2 GF's evoking the SB spirit. What's our final's record since??? It's not the cure-all...but we are fools for dismissing it. Ask the players - in the late 90's we won games, on this 'intangible'. You dont believe, go watch in 99, in 2nd half of year, when we came from behind to win. The PF & GF are examples!!!

I'm pretty sure Pagan used to dismiss the Shinboner Spirit. Anyway, pointing to those two examples from our four premiership history really only reinforces my earlier point that we need SS to evolve to something better to be a more successful club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won two flags because we were a talented team. We didn't pluck them out of our arse.

We won two flags because we were a talented team. We didn't pluck them out of our arse.

Pagan spoke about the SB constantly. Yes, we didn't pluck the flag, but there were periods in 99, where we just willed ourselves across the line. Go back and watch some of the games (the 2 Brisbane games particularly). They are the antithesis to today's playing group. That you may disagree...does not make you make right.

I'm pretty sure Pagan used to dismiss the Shinboner Spirit. Anyway, pointing to those two examples from our four premiership history really only reinforces my earlier point that we need SS to evolve to something better to be a more successful club.

Do your research. I know there is also some ex players looking / quietly posting on this forum. Barrass / Kennedy / Pagan, ALL evoked the Shinboner spirit. We should be proud of it, rather than diluting it. All great organisations have a 'call to arms'. Something that defines them. Deliberately or not, Brad should not have been dismissive of this. I hope hope he is humble enough to acknowledge behind 'closed doors'.

Time has come for a video night, where we've shown some never die attitudes even if we lost!! The time has come for the melancholy teaching to be over. Just another phase of this group>
dare I say it is what it is!!

Pagan spoke about the SB constantly. Yes, we didn't pluck the flag, but there were periods in 99, where we just willed ourselves across the line. Go back and watch some of the games (the 2 Brisbane games particularly). They are the antithesis to today's playing group. That you may disagree...does not make you make right.

We had the talent to win those games. No talent, no wins.

We had the talent to win those games. No talent, no wins.

So, you are alluding that we do not have talent now to win? You do not open margins on these sides w/out talent. You are armed forces (current / ex), you should know much of this stuff 'above the shoulders'. Honestly, it's about time some players stepped forward and said we are not accepting this anymore. Otherwise, there will always be an excuse...

So, you are alluding that we do not have talent now to win? You do not open margins on these sides w/out talent. You are armed forces (current / ex), you should know much of this stuff 'above the shoulders'. Honestly, it's about time some players stepped forward and said we are not accepting this anymore. Otherwise, there will always be an excuse...
Is this your first account on Bigfooty?

I'm well informed that yesterday's player review was absolutely brutal. As it should have been. Anyone who thinks Brad has approached the loss by patting the players on the arse is way off the mark. The contention of this thread is so far from who Brad is and what he wants for our club, I can't describe for you the gap.

We have lots of work to do, no doubt. And the weekend was a disaster. But Brad is one of the most competitive beasts to ever be involved in football and to suggest he somehow does not want our players to mirror that tenacity and mongrel is a total nonsense.

I'm well informed that yesterday's player review was absolutely brutal. As it should have been. Anyone who thinks Brad has approached the loss by patting the players on the arse is way off the mark. The contention of this thread is so far from who Brad is and what he wants for our club, I can't describe for you the gap.

We have lots of work to do, no doubt. And the weekend was a disaster. But Brad is one of the most competitive beasts to ever be involved in football and to suggest he somehow does not want our players to mirror that tenacity and mongrel is a total nonsense.

As a long time 'financial' supporter, i hope you are right. Personally, I don't believe Brad has ever proactively responded at the selection table. Time will tell.

Yes, but, does it matter? I'm a passionate NM person.
It doesn't matter. It's just that you brought something personal into the thread about another poster and guessed you might have been about in the past if you knew that.

This is very good to read.

It doesn't matter. It's just that you brought something personal into the thread about another poster and guessed you might have been about in the past if you knew that.

This is very good to read.

Honestly, its nothing personal against a poster. But, do you really think its a good read?

The time for brutal analysis was after the WC final last year (analysis happened, but not brutal...this is from a current player)...ie: we were tired / its hard coming to Perth to win a final, etc. Good teams overcome this. I ok with the fact that may be we are not good enough - although, I believe this is selling us short - but, don't pretend you are. A good team does NOT continue to lose close games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back