Live Event Devils vs Geriatrics, winner to play Port

Remove this Banner Ad

JackFlash would ross lyon coach a better and organised defense tonight? lol
The truth of the matter is Geelong are as bad as Fremantle, they were always the weakest team in the 8. Unfortunately, the club has run out of options, the Dad's Army recruiting spree hasn't worked and the much-lauded recruiting team is not as good as a lot of people think they are. Wells & Co should be sacked along with about 6 or 7 players and coaches. The era of success actually ended in 2013, all they have done is prolong the inevitable fall with no regard to the future. It's quite sad really. Both North Melbourne and Collingwood have a better future. I might give footy a miss next year, I don't like it as much as I used too anyway. I doubt they will win 5 or 6 games in 2022?

The truth of the matter is Geelong are as bad as Fremantle, they were always the weakest team in the 8. Unfortunately, the club has run out of options, the Dad's Army recruiting spree hasn't worked and the much-lauded recruiting team is not as good as a lot of people think they are. Wells & Co should be sacked along with about 6 or 7 players and coaches. The era of success actually ended in 2013, all they have done is prolong the inevitable fall with no regard to the future. It's quite sad really. Both North Melbourne and Collingwood have a better future. I might give footy a miss next year, I don't like it as much as I used too anyway. I doubt they will win 5 or 6 games in 2022?
What the hell is this? lol

How the hell do you see the comparisons????

Cats finished with 16 wins and 6 losses with a top 4 spot and a prelim. Freo got 10 wins, 12 losses and 11th spot. Sure the Geelongistan recruiting policy was flawed but Geelong has won a few finals post 2013. Hell, they have won a few finals and made prelims post 2016.

You can Make solid arguments that geelong could of and should of won flags in 2013, 2016 and 2020. I would even agree with you on that part too. I fund it funy you claim North and Collingwood have better futures. How do you know that? They might butcher their picks this season and next season.

Try telling Port flogs that - they rated their win against the Cats as top shelf !!!!

You got no idea what they’ve been like since beating Cats
Twice this year they have been kept to record low half time scores
Oppo injuries saved them against us as well as the Dogs IIRC

Try telling Port flogs that - they rated their win against the Cats as top shelf !!!!

So if Port make the grand final again, do you see the demons belt port like the cats did to Port in that 2007 AFL grand final?

If Port "rated" their win against the Cats then the Dogs are a bigger chance than i thought, they certainly have no hope the following week?

So if Port make the grand final again, do you see the demons belt port like the cats did to Port in that 2007 AFL grand final?

This whole year smells like 2007

Port had soft draw, and while they had injuries so did the teams they played

Then there was Brisbane Dogs and Cats Bradburying their way out of top 2 gifting port home finals

FFS - even Covid has stayed away letting them play at Adelaide’s Oval
If they do get through they play Melb away from Melb home ground

If we didn’t have 2 players collide and knock themselves out in the dying minutes of the Showdown they’d have lost that game too

Put it this way - if they get to the GF and don’t win it will be the ultimate choke

If Port "rated" their win against the Cats then the Dogs are a bigger chance than i thought, they certainly have no hope the following week?
Dogs would have been a massive chance with Keath in
- and they’re missing Bruce
With him out it stretches their Defence - a bit of rain will help

Cats finished with 16 wins and 6 losses with a top 4 spot and a prelim. Freo got 10 wins, 12 losses and 11th spot. Sure the Geelongistan recruiting policy was flawed but Geelong has won a few finals post 2013. Hell, they have won a few finals and made prelims post 2016.

You can Make solid arguments that geelong could of and should of won flags in 2013, 2016 and 2020. I would even agree with you on that part too. I fund it funy you claim North and Collingwood have better futures. How do you know that? They might butcher their picks this season and next season.
IMO Freo start 2022 ahead of Geelong, the Cats season ended about 2 months ago and they have been rotten since the first week of July. No youngsters coming through, players not good enough and both Selwood and Dangerfield should retire. They hung their hat on the Dad's Army theory and it backfired big time, meanwhile, their younger players want out, their earliest draft pick is 30! Buggered if i know how they can rebuild? It's not a happy camp. Geelong are done for a few years. They need to bottom out for a couple of seasons and pick up some number 1 or 2 picks. The most recent crop has been lousy. Wells must be sacked and Scott should walk away, the team smells to high heaven..It can be done, Melbourne just proved that, but i don't expect Geelong to clog up the final 8 until way past 2025?

IMO Freo start 2022 ahead of Geelong, the Cats season ended about 2 months ago and they have been rotten since the first week of July. No youngsters coming through, players not good enough and both Selwood and Dangerfield should retire. They hung their hat on the Dad's Army theory and it backfired big time, meanwhile, their younger players want out, their earliest draft pick is 30! Buggered if i know how they can rebuild? It's not a happy camp. Geelong are done for a few years. They need to bottom out for a couple of seasons and pick up some number 1 or 2 picks. The most recent crop has been lousy. Wells must be sacked and Scott should walk away, the team smells to high heaven..It can be done, Melbourne just proved that, but i don't expect Geelong to clog up the final 8 until way past 2025?

2035 minimum before Handbags play finals agaun

Are you also saying that if you had members of the Taliban playng for your mos last night, the cats could of done better? lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather face a fellow Victorian club in the Granny than an interstate franchise.
The way both our teams methodically tore our opponents apart - should be a ripper Grand Final.

Geelong players under 25 on Friday night

Brad Close
Zach Guthrie
Jack Henry
Esava Ratugolea
Gryan Miers
Max Holmes

Henry can be decent on occasions, so i will be generous and say Geelong have 1 genuinely good player on their list under 25. And their first pick is 30 this year. What a future to look forward to

Making prelims isn't that big of a deal if you get smashed twice, and only beat a side that's making up the numbers like GWS in 2021, or West Coast at the G in 2019, or Sydney at the G in 2017.

Geelong often get an armchair ride into the Top 4 courtesy of their 9 games at GMHBA each year. The only club with their own home ground without going interstate every 2nd week. It would explain why they don't match it with the Top 4 sides in September, when their advantage is taken away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back