Did Mitch Robinson have a really Big Day Out ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he pick a fight with Michael Gardiner a couple of years back at a nightclub?

What if this version of events is right guys?
It is from a Carlton supporter but would you be happy to take back some of your remarks if so?

No

No need to get involved - You leave the venue if someone is bugging you. Its simple!

still dirty that he called your lot a bunch of girls blouses ....well guess what ? he was right .

After spending a bit of time deciphering what you wrote in and amongst stunningly horrific grammar, I can see you have the intelligence and temper of the 'hero' you're defending.

Wait a second. Mitch?

No

No need to get involved - You leave the venue if someone is bugging you. Its simple!

I agree in principle and I wish he and his mate had have when it became apparent that there were trouble makers around, if the story is indeed correct.

Wouldn't have done Mitch nor the CFC any good had have he had his jaw broken or worse, in the incident.

Exactly. That was an incredible cheap shot by that weak prick.

The question l have is
Why would he be stupid enough to take his eyes (for an extended period) off a bloke he threw a punch at 5 seconds earlier?

6 pages in and my conclusion to this thread is that

1. Mitch Robinson is clearly not guilty due to extreme provocation and in fact is a mentor to the disabled makes the actions of those provoking him an act of war against decency(Blues fan)
2. He is a violent thug who only needs the trigger of another mans eye to be set off into a explosion of fury (Non Blues)

About right really.

6 pages in and my conclusion to this thread is that

1. Mitch Robinson is clearly not guilty due to extreme provocation and in fact is a mentor to the disabled makes the actions of those provoking him an act of war against decency(Blues fan)
2. He is a violent thug who only needs the trigger of another mans eye to be set off into a explosion of fury (Non Blues)

About right really.
I agree............he is certainly a firecracker of sorts. Most teams have them. Your lot Push Up and Dan Jackson.
I do feel some sorry for these Guys- can't go the cricket, BDO, to the pub(Portsea), races or anything. But they also have a lot of doors opened for them because of their AFL status.
It is a very interesting thing.............who is right and who is wrong. Robbo's behaviour is not acceptable, but was the behaviour of the others guys acceptable either? We know that only 1 person here will be dragged thru the mud, all because he wanted to go have a good time with his mates and was antagonised by an anonymous flog who no-one will ever remember.
Most AFL clubs have had the same issues and no doubt these incidents will occur again.
What can you do to eliminate people from wanting to be heroes in public? All AFL players are easy targets for low acts like this, but as many have said here, Yes Robbo should've walked away. But where do you draw the line??
I hope common sense prevails and he cops a fine........we all move on.......and ALL AFL Players, celebs (except Matthew Newton & Mundine-100% FLOGS) etc CAN enjoy some time with their mates without being harassed.

GO BLUES!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in hike school you only started a punch on if someone said something about your mum, or called your girlfriend a ****. We also had an unwritten rule: you can't say anything negative about Croatia in front of the Croatian kids, or there would be consequences. I'm not sure there were any other ethnic groups that had a similar rule. We only had a few lebo kids. Of course, no one cared if you beat up a 'Skip'.

Back in hike school you only started a punch on if someone said something about your mum, or called your girlfriend a ****. We also had an unwritten rule: you can't say anything negative about Croatia in front of the Croatian kids, or there would be consequences. I'm not sure there were any other ethnic groups that had a similar rule. We only had a few lebo kids. Of course, no one cared if you beat up a 'Skip'.

Classy upbringing you had

Lesson 1 from the summer of 2012-2013.
The general public is the new papparazzi AFL footballers.

That's been the case for some time now Gaso, but some take longer than others to heed the warning.

Players know this full well as the education process is quite intensive. Some just forget themselves when they're having a good time.

That's been the case for some time now Gaso, but some take longer than others to heed the warning.

Players know this full well as the education process is quite intensive. Some just forget themselves when they're having a good time.

They need new teachers then for ffs because it aint working.

They need new teachers then for ffs because it aint working.

It is working but the uptake isn't immediate and won't be adopted by every player to the same degree.

Some players have an untouchable aura about them and some have the personality that allows them to have a target on their head. (See Robinson, Swan, Franklin etc)

If its anything like soundwave it's almost impossible to actually get drunk if you actually want to see any of the bands. The hoops they make you jump through to get a drink is ridiculous.

Yeah it's the same. I saw him there and he was sober as, very obliging to fans too.

Off topic, Soundwave this year is going to be sweet!

Sad that young footballers can't go out and have a good time, drunk or not. But it is a price that they pay for their chosen career, they can always chose to do something else.

Unfortunately, places like BDO are probably the last place some (most) of these guys should be going.

He was there with non-AFL friends in a crowd of 20,000, it's not as if there was walking around with Judd, Murphy, and Walker. I would have thought that if there is anywhere you should be able can go it's a place with that many people, there for music, and with a group of "normal" friends.

His biggest problem is he has a notable face, if it was Gibbs or any of the other not best 6 players on Carltons list they wouldn't have had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back