Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

DazalenkoUBewty
i'm happy to talk about the benefits of a vegan lifestyle and the pro's and cons of eating an entire meal consisting of one fruit, this is after all a diet thread.

...but save the preachy animal activist stuff for somewhere else please

Having never been overly interested in the nutrition side of weight training I have a question for everyone:
How did you get to your current nutrition plan? Trial and error? Or something more scientifically based like blood typing etc?
I mainly ask cos I'm sick of eating the same food and I've basically reached the upper limits of volume of consumption for the foods I am eating and need moar gainz (preferably without trial and error of trying a dozen different styles for 6 months each)

Having never been overly interested in the nutrition side of weight training I have a question for everyone:
How did you get to your current nutrition plan? Trial and error? Or something more scientifically based like blood typing etc?
I mainly ask cos I'm sick of eating the same food and I've basically reached the upper limits of volume of consumption for the foods I am eating and need moar gainz (preferably without trial and error of trying a dozen different styles for 6 months each)
I found my cutting diet through trial and error, to be honest I've never tried a proper bulking diet before but will be starting one in the next couple of months

going to stick with predominantly LCHF but have an insulin spiking post workout high carb high protein meal whilst eating a slight calorie surplus. aiming for less than 500g of weight gain per week and going to be measuring skin folds and taking body measurements (with a tape measure) to ensure bodyfat doesn't get out of control

out of interest what eating plan are you on at the moment that? what about it don't you like?

Scored 35 on the CSIRO test.

You've got to hate diets like mine that made me give up injecting insulin 4 times a day and restored my blood sugar levels to normal.

DazalenkoUBewty
i'm happy to talk about the benefits of a vegan lifestyle and the pro's and cons of eating an entire meal consisting of one fruit, this is after all a diet thread.

...but save the preachy animal activist stuff for somewhere else please
I've been very mild on anything to do with 'animal care' 'preaching'...very mild. But any little sniff of it unfortunately sends a selected few on here into a spin. They can't handle it...and mainly just because 'ignorance is bliss'/'the truth hurts'.

But yeah,.. I posted one simple thing on here a few days ago, and yeah straight away a fool had a dig... even though it had nothing to do with any specific diet. I just mentioned 'eating with the seasons', etc, as nature intended, when foods are at their best. But straight away some campaigner has a cheap go at me by quoting me with something like "awww aww thank fk beef is in season all year round"...).... You gotta see both sides, mofo's....

I'm not vegan btw, and have never mentioned myself ever being vegan. I live in the country and get proper free-range organic eggs off of an old lady who lives near.

I do think people who eat smaller to no amounts of meat are awesome though... They're the compassionate ones, the people who give a fk, in a world that's continuously screws animals over, by 'no fks given' people.

I travel on a freeway regularly, and it's just truck after truck after truck of poor animals... it's nothing to be happy about.

I found my cutting diet through trial and error, to be honest I've never tried a proper bulking diet before but will be starting one in the next couple of months

going to stick with predominantly LCHF but have an insulin spiking post workout high carb high protein meal whilst eating a slight calorie surplus. aiming for less than 500g of weight gain per week and going to be measuring skin folds and taking body measurements (with a tape measure) to ensure bodyfat doesn't get out of control

out of interest what eating plan are you on at the moment that? what about it don't you like?

It's largely that I seem to have capped out on the volume of food I can consume and I'm not gaining weight atm.
Eating plan has largely been based off convenience and ease of cooking for the past 18 or so months
first meal - bacon and eggs
second meal - chicken and rice
third meal - pasta, mince and broccoli
fourth meal - potatoes, vegetables and alternating steak/fish
I never bothered to count calories - just tried to progressively increase the weight/amount of food over the course of the week.

It's largely that I seem to have capped out on the volume of food I can consume and I'm not gaining weight atm.
Eating plan has largely been based off convenience and ease of cooking for the past 18 or so months
I never bothered to count calories - just tried to progressively increase the weight/amount of food over the course of the week.
put olive oil on all those meals for some easy, tasty, healthy calories.
or even butter if you're that way inclined.

put olive oil on all those meals for some easy, tasty, healthy calories.
or even butter if you're that way inclined.

Anything cooked on the pan (eggs, bacon, mince, potatoes) gets drowned in oil lol
I cook the rice in butter as well.
Kinda sucks that protein shakes make me s**t myself about 5 minutes after I drink them.
Go through a crapload of fruit juice and milk as well

Peanut butter (or other nut spreads as well - some good ones out there that avoid vegetable oils) in your shakes is an old BB trick, certainly helps.

whipping cream in your eggs for a fluffy and calorie dense scramble. You could try butter/cream in your coffee/tea if you drink them.

a lot of lean meats in there I'm assuming, either add bacon to everything you're eating or switch to chicken thighs, higher fat mince and higher fat fish

I've completely changed mine around
Chips biscuits ice cream have gone
90% of tinned stuff has gone like any soup or spreads

The worst thing I would eat is a bit of butter and condiments like jalapeño sauce on sandwiches and fish

Feeling better I know that
Cut all that sugar out

Butter is probably the best thing you could eat, more nutrient dense than most claimed 'super foods'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely nothing wrong with meals of fruit, and just one type of fruit ( mono meal) for good health, it's nature's amazing detoxer, and dried fruit is great too, but minus the sulphur for me.

Full of sugar, waste of time. If you don't eat crap you don't need to detox, which by the way is a waste of time.

To be fair 99% of "detox" are crap and are based on pseudo science.
When I speak of detox I refer to getting out of the bodies way. The body is detoxing 24/7, but sometimes the body is that plugged up and toxic from poor diet and lifestyle choices that we need to get out of its way big time, through fasting and eating fresh and clean foods. That way the body can put a lot more of its energy into detoxification/healing.

Last edited:
When I speak of detox I refer to getting out of the bodies way. The body is detoxing 24/7, but sometimes the body is that plugged up and toxic from poor diet and lifestyle choices that we need to get out of its way big time, through fasting and eating fresh and clean foods. That way the body can put a lot more of its energy into detoxification/healing.
So not a detox then ;)

Well it's not some bought bs detox, if that's what u mean. It's definitely detoxing to a much higher level that normal tho.
I think if you're needing to focus on eating clean and fresh food as a point of detox due to your bad choices, your entire diet probably needs an overhaul.

Because it's an inferior diet on every single scientific metric

Fair enough bagging them if they're trying to sell it from a health perspective, but I do have some respect for their beliefs from an ethical perspective (talking vegetarians more than vegans though actually).

Sometimes I do sort of step back and think, yeah, killing other living things to eat them does seem a bit barbaric for an evolved species. Not that I'm giving up meat any time soon, but I can see where vegetarians are coming from.

Ok so I knew this health star rating system was garbage but holy cow

Ct_5bzxUAAEzfaK.jpg

Ok so I knew this health star rating system was garbage but holy cow

Ct_5bzxUAAEzfaK.jpg

Nestle choose wellness! They had stands with paid dietitians teaching the public about "healthy eating" in shopping centres. Ridiculous!

The star ratings are so misleading. Its 4.5 star is in comparison to others in its product category ... 4.5 stars compared to Nesquick is still crap and not necessary for most people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back