Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A s**t week for Oakleigh District all round with a major vandalisation of their electricals leaving them without lights for at least a week or so. Seems a deliberate job apparently and very strange. Not sure if the club has enemies but looks a targeted attack in the leadup to a major off field day for the club which they were to play under lights.

A s**t week for Oakleigh District all round with a major vandalisation of their electricals leaving them without lights for at least a week or so. Seems a deliberate job apparently and very strange. Not sure if the club has enemies but looks a targeted attack in the leadup to a major off field day for the club which they were to play under lights.

That's horrible news. Who were they meant to be playing under lights?

I heard they have problems game days with neighbours because of parking now the council has decided no one is allowed to park on the grass anymore around the ground.

The Division is really starting to separate now. Looks down to 6 team for finals, but in all honesty the 5th ranked team is looking a little weak this season.

Donvale 6-0 - Just keep winning. They seem to win every week by 5-6 goals. Players still to come back and the team to beat. With games coming against UFTG, Silvan and Fairpark before the halfway point of the season its impossible to see them not being on top of the ladder with a 9-0 record.

Surrey Park 5-1 - What a start to the year! Their only loss coming against Donvale by 5 points. They aren't just winning, they are starting to annihilate teams. Games to come against Fairpark, Oakleigh and UFTG. Hard to see them losing any of them. There is a suggestion from some they might struggle more on the smaller grounds when it gets a bit heavy and their running games slows down but I'm not buying that at this point. Kane Hendon dominating and the clear challenger.

Coldstream 4-2 - Going well at 4-2. Maybe have dropped off slightly but still only have lost to Donvale (32 points) and Surrey (22 points). Games to come against FTG, Fairpark and Silvan so should be banking the wins in those games you would think if they are a serious challenger. Setting up their season well and are a lock for finals, I still think finishing top 3.

Knox 4-2 - Having a great year and probably the youngest team in the division. Are taking care of the sides below them well and just falling short a little against the teams above them. Still haven't played Oakleigh, FTG and Warrandyte. Harry Greaves is having a great year up forward. I think they are finishing 3rd or 4th. It will be interesting to see how they go if the grounds get heavy also, they love to run and carry and move the ball around.

UFTG 3-3 - Huge win against Oakleigh just when it looked like their season was starting to falter and now find themselves in 5th spot. A mixed bag of games to come against Donvale, Warrandyte and Surrey Park. I still don't see them playing finals but with Oakleigh being so inconsistent its possible. They have at least put a good amount of breathing space between them and bottom spot. I think they finish 5-7 but must beat Warrandyte in 2 weeks or they will find themselves in a relegation battle again.

Oakleigh Districts 3-3 - A horrible loss to UFTG on the weekend just when it looked like they were about to consolidate themselves in the top 5. Still haven't played Knox, Surrey or FTG. On form you cant see them beating Knox or Surrey but who knows with them. I think they should be playing finals after seeing them round 1 but cant trust them, they only beat Warrandyte by 10 points and Fairpark by 4 points. Finishing somewhere between 5th -7th.

FTG 2-4 - Had a badly needed win on the weekend, amazingly only their 2nd for the year. A shadow of the grand final team from last year its hard to see them improving much. They have only defeated Silvan by 1 point and Fairpark by 39 points. Have Coldstream, Knox and Oakleigh to come and on form its hard to see them winning any. Have some players to come back but seem to lose more to injury every week. I think they finish 6th - 10th.

Silvan 2-4 - Massive loss on the scoreboard and apparently in playing personnel on the weekend. Now clearly have the worst % in the division which is going to be important come the pointy end of the season. They are one team that can really get opened up if things don't go their way during a game with 74, 78 and 149 point losses coming so far in 6 games. Huge game against Warrandyte this week coming with Donvale and Coldstream to follow. In trouble i think and will finish 8-10.

Fairpark 1-5 - A really poor loss to FTG on the weekend. Have been competitive in most games but have a horror draw now with Surrey, Coldstream and Donvale to come. Have a better % then most around them currently but it might be quickly destoyed in the next 3 games. Struggling to kick a score and injury depleted. Might be on the bottom after next week. No chance of finals and probably equal favourite to be relegated. I think they finish 8th - 10th.

Warrandyte 1-5 - predicted by many to go winless. They still sit on the bottom but it feels like there could be some green shoots coming through. They have Silvan, UFTG and Knox to come so its not a horrible draw. I give them a massive chance this week against Silvan and a good chance against UFTG. I genuinely feel right now Silvan and Fairpark are more likley to get relegated than Warrandyte BUT i have heard they may be losing a number of players to an overseas trip in the 2nd half of the year. 8th - 10th.
Pretty good summary 😊

The Division is really starting to separate now. Looks down to 6 team for finals, but in all honesty the 5th ranked team is looking a little weak this season.

Donvale 6-0 - Just keep winning. They seem to win every week by 5-6 goals. Players still to come back and the team to beat. With games coming against UFTG, Silvan and Fairpark before the halfway point of the season its impossible to see them not being on top of the ladder with a 9-0 record.

Surrey Park 5-1 - What a start to the year! Their only loss coming against Donvale by 5 points. They aren't just winning, they are starting to annihilate teams. Games to come against Fairpark, Oakleigh and UFTG. Hard to see them losing any of them. There is a suggestion from some they might struggle more on the smaller grounds when it gets a bit heavy and their running games slows down but I'm not buying that at this point. Kane Hendon dominating and the clear challenger.

Coldstream 4-2 - Going well at 4-2. Maybe have dropped off slightly but still only have lost to Donvale (32 points) and Surrey (22 points). Games to come against FTG, Fairpark and Silvan so should be banking the wins in those games you would think if they are a serious challenger. Setting up their season well and are a lock for finals, I still think finishing top 3.

Knox 4-2 - Having a great year and probably the youngest team in the division. Are taking care of the sides below them well and just falling short a little against the teams above them. Still haven't played Oakleigh, FTG and Warrandyte. Harry Greaves is having a great year up forward. I think they are finishing 3rd or 4th. It will be interesting to see how they go if the grounds get heavy also, they love to run and carry and move the ball around.

UFTG 3-3 - Huge win against Oakleigh just when it looked like their season was starting to falter and now find themselves in 5th spot. A mixed bag of games to come against Donvale, Warrandyte and Surrey Park. I still don't see them playing finals but with Oakleigh being so inconsistent its possible. They have at least put a good amount of breathing space between them and bottom spot. I think they finish 5-7 but must beat Warrandyte in 2 weeks or they will find themselves in a relegation battle again.

Oakleigh Districts 3-3 - A horrible loss to UFTG on the weekend just when it looked like they were about to consolidate themselves in the top 5. Still haven't played Knox, Surrey or FTG. On form you cant see them beating Knox or Surrey but who knows with them. I think they should be playing finals after seeing them round 1 but cant trust them, they only beat Warrandyte by 10 points and Fairpark by 4 points. Finishing somewhere between 5th -7th.

FTG 2-4 - Had a badly needed win on the weekend, amazingly only their 2nd for the year. A shadow of the grand final team from last year its hard to see them improving much. They have only defeated Silvan by 1 point and Fairpark by 39 points. Have Coldstream, Knox and Oakleigh to come and on form its hard to see them winning any. Have some players to come back but seem to lose more to injury every week. I think they finish 6th - 10th.

Silvan 2-4 - Massive loss on the scoreboard and apparently in playing personnel on the weekend. Now clearly have the worst % in the division which is going to be important come the pointy end of the season. They are one team that can really get opened up if things don't go their way during a game with 74, 78 and 149 point losses coming so far in 6 games. Huge game against Warrandyte this week coming with Donvale and Coldstream to follow. In trouble i think and will finish 8-10.

Fairpark 1-5 - A really poor loss to FTG on the weekend. Have been competitive in most games but have a horror draw now with Surrey, Coldstream and Donvale to come. Have a better % then most around them currently but it might be quickly destoyed in the next 3 games. Struggling to kick a score and injury depleted. Might be on the bottom after next week. No chance of finals and probably equal favourite to be relegated. I think they finish 8th - 10th.

Warrandyte 1-5 - predicted by many to go winless. They still sit on the bottom but it feels like there could be some green shoots coming through. They have Silvan, UFTG and Knox to come so its not a horrible draw. I give them a massive chance this week against Silvan and a good chance against UFTG. I genuinely feel right now Silvan and Fairpark are more likley to get relegated than Warrandyte BUT i have heard they may be losing a number of players to an overseas trip in the 2nd half of the year. 8th - 10th.
Hard to argue with any of this.

Which are the grounds that people think Surrey might struggle on? I know Silvan, but I've never been to the others that we're yet to visit - Fairpark, OD, FTG and Upper

Hard to argue with any of this.

Which are the grounds that people think Surrey might struggle on? I know Silvan, but I've never been to the others that we're yet to visit - Fairpark, OD, FTG and Upper

Fairpark isn't tiny but definitely on the smaller side. Can be a quirky ground to play. FTG is large but gets very wet and muddy as the year goes on. Oakleigh is a good size can be very windy as there is not much protection.

Im unsure if Upper still becomes a bog heap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back