D1 Division 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously had a coaching job at Frankston Dolphins and added a level of professionalism to the club. When he came in his style and game plans were something new to the club and helped us play a more modern style of game.

Over the 4 years a lot of quality senior players left and so I guess the club have him a chance to develop the playing group. But the senior players leaving said a bit about him in hindsight
Assistant coaches didn't last either

I thought young Brian Duggan did exceptionally well this year. I feel like old Beddy and his mate Gunny just have a thing for potting blokes who write in the record. Must be Donald Trump (#fakenews!) supporters. Bit unsavoury and not very becoming from two key representatives of their club. Anyhow, whatever girts your sea.

I've heard rumours of an ex-AFL player to be running around with one of the Bayside clubs in 2018... is my mail correct?

I thought young Brian Duggan did exceptionally well this year. I feel like old Beddy and his mate Gunny just have a thing for potting blokes who write in the record. Must be Donald Trump (#fakenews!) supporters. Bit unsavoury and not very becoming from two key representatives of their club. Anyhow, whatever girts your sea.

I've heard rumours of an ex-AFL player to be running around with one of the Bayside clubs in 2018... is my mail correct?

Doesn't Duggan play at Kew , no wonder your sticking up for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s probably 4-6.

Rumour has it our old mate Bedford has volunteered to write the D1 reports for the VAFA record in hopes he may scribe Ormond's way to a finals win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it our old mate Bedford has volunteered to write the D1 reports for the VAFA record in hopes he may scribe Ormond's way to a finals win!

If this is correct, he’d want to make no mistakes, get to lots of games, pick a great end of year ‘best’ side etc etc otherwise some surly old bastards may criticise him.

He couldn't do any worse than the chap that did it last year. Any news of any comings or goings.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ormond have lost a couple to Caulfield, as they have been told to play higher grades. Sandringham have told players they are not to play in the s**t footy league and only to play in higher grades of VAFA.

Ormond have lost a couple to Caulfield, as they have been told to play higher grades. Sandringham have told players they are not to play in the s**t footy league and only to play in higher grades of VAFA.

FWIW the removal of the VFL development league will make it harder for lower division clubs to rise with attitudes like that from VFL clubs

FWIW the removal of the VFL development league will make it harder for lower division clubs to rise with attitudes like that from VFL clubs

Won’t the influx of Development League standard players into Premier / Premier B see fringe senior players at that level move to lower grade clubs for senior opportunity?

Points system in VAFA is unlikely to prevent that type of movement IMO

Rovers have lost Carnovale to the VFL. Big loss.

Whether it’s a true “loss” depends on where he has signed.

If he’s going to Frankston, maybe he is a loss, as you could be without him every week.

Port - well he’d have to be an out and out gun to get a regular game there.

If it’s Casey or Sandy - you can bank on him playing with HR unless he is in the best 8-10 of the VFL listers and/or the AFL side have heaps of injuries.

Whether it’s a true “loss” depends on where he has signed.

If he’s going to Frankston, maybe he is a loss, as you could be without him every week.

Port - well he’d have to be an out and out gun to get a regular game there.

If it’s Casey or Sandy - you can bank on him playing with HR unless he is in the best 8-10 of the VFL listers and/or the AFL side have heaps of injuries.
Sandy has told their players to only play Premier A or B and no s**t footy league.

Sandy has told their players to only play Premier A or B and no s**t footy league.

That’s the preference of most VFL clubs although rarely enforced or enforceable. Often it’s the player who wants to give themselves the best chance, so they voluntarily go to a higher level. This of course is not a great outcome for clubs in the middle divisions and getting out of those grades is bloody tough.

I actually know of several Sandy listed players who play at St Pauls and to the best of my knowledge they have not moved out of the SFL. There others at different SFL clubs clubs also.

Regarding Port – A magnificent club but they are not going to be as strong this year with a heap of guns retiring or moving on. I know for a fact they contacted 4 of my clubs best players wanting them to play for them this year. While approaches to well performed VAFA players is not unusual, it seems the net was being cast wider and later than usual. I would assume that similar approaches would have been made to players from other A grade clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back