Do we have the most uninspiring major milestones

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
For me it started with Reilly that spluttered his way to 200. VB was no better. Thommo’s 300 was completely underserved in the context of earning selection. Mackay’s 200, heading towards 250. Sauce, should have been stranded on about 185. Dougie’s 250.

Our recent history is littered with this. Players that have been undeserving of games played milestones. But as a club, and many a supporter, we choose these milestones ahead of being ruthless towards ultimate success, even if it requires a dip along the way.

I don’t want to suggest that Sauce hasn’t earned his 200th, but fact is that he hasn’t. He’s been great at times, but he’s also benefited from our shithouse selection culture.

I don’t want Sauce included among the malaise, but reality is that he’s now comfortably amongst it.

* this club.

The milestones dont mean as much when they are gifted. It's one of the reasons, I believe, that our club doesn't lift for milestone games the way some other clubs do.

The milestones dont mean as much when they are gifted. It's one of the reasons, I believe, that our club doesn't lift for milestone games the way some other clubs do.
I'd like to see the stats but I feel like we generally win major milestone games

It's all about individual gratification rather than team success. Sad state of affairs.

The culture and the people who drive it need to change.

For me it started with Reilly that spluttered his way to 200. VB was no better. Thommo’s 300 was completely underserved in the context of earning selection. Mackay’s 200, heading towards 250. Sauce, should have been stranded on about 185. Dougie’s 250.

Our recent history is littered with this. Players that have been undeserving of games played milestones. But as a club, and many a supporter, we choose these milestones ahead of being ruthless towards ultimate success, even if it requires a dip along the way.

I don’t want to suggest that Sauce hasn’t earned his 200th, but fact is that he hasn’t. He’s been great at times, but he’s also benefited from our s**thouse selection culture.

I don’t want Sauce included among the malaise, but reality is that he’s now comfortably amongst it.

fu** this club.
Agree , we have probably the (if not the worst) the most average 200 game players ever (not their fault)

Richard Douglas - 244 games
Michael Doughty - 231 games
David Mackay - 218 games
Nathan Van Berlo - 205 games
Brent Reilly - 203 games

Total: 1101 games

That's 50 full home and away seasons
That sums us up. What an average list of players, now you could excuse 1 getting to 200 games but 5 of them?

Reily was good in his later years, so was young doughty.

Sorry just wanted to say so.
Reilly had one good 3/4s of a season playing the loose man role. As soon as the opposition tightened up on him he was no where.

Doughty was the king of stupid defensive decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a weird thread. You could cherry pick a list of players for any club who reached majors milestones despite average careers. I’m guessing this thread comes because of Sauce today, but he hardly fits the bill of an average player.

Have a lot of 300 game champions for a relatively young club too.

That sums us up. What an average list of players, now you could excuse 1 getting to 200 games but 5 of them?
Dougie was an A grade player during his peak, and at worst a B grader from about 2009-2016. Hardly belongs in that group of players. Yeah he’s well and truly past it now, but he’s been an above average player at this level.

Dougie was an A grade player during his peak, and at worst a B grader from about 2009-2016. Hardly belongs in that group of players. Yeah he’s well and truly past it now, but he’s been an above average player at this level.
He’s the one

What a weird thread. You could cherry pick a list of players for any club who reached majors milestones despite average careers. I’m guessing this thread comes because of Sauce today, but he hardly fits the bill of an average player.

Go through the successful clubs of the last 20 years and name one that has such an average bunch of 200 game players

Typical though.

Douglas and Mackay have played more than 200 games. Lol. What a horrendously average club the AFC has been over the last 20 years.

What's humorous is that the same selection *silly people roll in and 'lift up their skirts' (euphamism) for every good news story that is shat out of our admin's ass. Their extensions will be comedical genius. I doubt Fraudgan will be front and centre for that. Club might roll out Rowey to break the exciting news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back