Toast Do we underrate Ricky Henderson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh, 4 years at 700k isn't going to happen but I still think 2 years at say $450k with some heavy performance based incentives to bump it up to say $600k is justified. I am sure you will get excellent value out of Hendo with such a contract.
yep, round there. Just never really before seen a player increase output by so much heading into the back end of their career, so hard to know what a reasonable offer would be

It's fair to say that not only us supporters did, bit also the opposition. His numbers have been fantastic and looking at our structures he has benefited significantly with being let off the leash.

The last couple of weeks though, he has copped the tag/attention which has allowed Smith to get back to his attacking best, pumping the ball in long and quick.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out and if Ricky can keep the numbers up if he continues to be the guy being worked over.

It's a great problem to have for the Hawks with Scully only improving plus Smith and Hendo cutting up the middle.

Should get himself a vote or two today after a few quiet weeks.

Picked up some votes in the media/coaches awards this week

I think the fact that his name is "Ricky" lead me to underestimate him.

Ricky.... Ricky.....nope, it just doesn't sound right...it's "Leave it to Beaver" stuff.

"Hi kids, I'm home!"
"Hi Dad!!!"
"Hi Ricky! How's my little Rickmeister today?"
"I'm swell, dad!"

Something like Dan would have been better. Dan Henderson. Manly. Direct. Proactive. In your face!

Even better... if he was called Brock, or Ridge... Brock Henderson! Ridge Henderson! Yeaahh! That would be a player I could turn for!

(Slightly silly post...supervising a year 11 psychology SAC, and a bit bored)

Last edited:
Sure we are paying him, but are we paying him at a level that is commensurate with his stellar performances so far?

And I am not so sure about us not paying Tyrone for his 3rd year, that was a very murky deal at the time and it has always been unclear as to the exact length of his contract. Far out, Richmond must have walked away with a grin like a Cheshire cat the day they offloaded that lemon onto us.

Regardless, he deserves to get paid serious coin for his next contract. And I don't think his age should come into it really. Personally I would be a lot more confident of the output we are going to get out of Hendo over the next 3 years compared to the output of some players 5 years his junior.

If his over 30 don’t we only offer 1 year contracts.

Now that Impey is injured, he's probably going to win PCM in a canter

As good a season as Impey was having coming into today, Henderson was always going to win it. He has clearly been in front all season long. No Hawthorn player has polled more coaches votes.

My top 5 in the Crimmins medal

1. Henderson
2. McEvoy
3. O'Meara
4. Frawley
5. Shiels

As good a season as Impey was having coming into today, Henderson was always going to win it. He has clearly been in front all season long. No Hawthorn player has polled more coaches votes.

1. Henderson
2. McEvoy
3. O'Meara
4. Frawley
5. Shiels
Would be surprised if Impey wasn't above Frawley and Shiels, unless they have a run of blinders to end the season.

1. Henderson
2. McEvoy
3. O'Meara
4. Frawley
5. Shiels
I think impy and Sicily will be top 5 currently though impy obviously will slide down by missing 5 games but I have him 1 or 2 currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back