Do you clear your own table when eating out?

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason it 'sounds wrong' is because these establishments put BS societal pressure on us to do it, with their big bins and what-not. People, being mostly polite and well intentioned, succumb to this pressure.

It's just like with self serve supermarkets, self serve banks etc. I'm sick of these places turning their customers into unpaid employees.

I give you money,you give me food, I eat food. End of business relationship. I don't clear my table, mop the floors, or go back in the kitchen and work the pancake station for three hours. Leave me alone.

Discuss.
I think you are trying to justify your own laziness and hygiene habits

Eat out?

You know there's a thing called Uber Eats?

Brb taking a selfie of my meal with my Uber Eats driver.

I know of a story of a woman who masturbated with a Yiros before delivering it.

Anyway uber want 37 percent of the sale and the driver gets five bucks.

The family who run their own small business can't keep up with the fast food chains with uber eats.

So tyre spike any Scooter you see outside mcdonalds

Yeah big footy is crazy this morning.

What's crazy is at this food Hall I eat at I bang this cleaner. It started off in the store room. She prompted. Now we actually catch up. She is Indian and alot younger.

She tells me they get paid s**t. They got to clean up some horrible messes. Homeless and junkies use the loo. Her bosses are arse holes. They want to leave as soon as possible. Some customers are rude and white men in suits think they own them. Indian men grope them.

We should clean up as much as possible to help them. Food is important. And at food halls you can get good food at a good price.

Phuq KFC or McDonald's. A responseable parent won't allow their kids work or eat there.

Being an ex cinema worker i could kiss you. This also massively helped us out particularly during the busy times.

I also make an effort to not drop any popcorn whilst in the movie also.

I worked in a cinema for a while too, the amount of rubbish people would leave behind was incredible, popcorn was the worst, it was like people threw more of it on the ground than in their mouths. I guess because cinemas are dark it makes it easier for people to act like messy pigs and get away with it.

I

What's crazy is at this food Hall I eat at I bang this cleaner. It started off in the store room. She prompted. Now we actually catch up. She is Indian and alot younger.

Ok im sorry but i think we need more details please..
I worked in a cinema for a while too, the amount of rubbish people would leave behind was incredible, popcorn was the worst, it was like people threw more of it on the ground than in their mouths. I guess because cinemas are dark it makes it easier for people to act like messy pigs and get away with it.

Popcorn is the worst- but not just popcorn, popcorn that is ground into the ******* floor, like stepped on. That is impossible to clean up (unless you had a vacuum which we did not). I didnt mind just coke cups and s**t lying around they're easy enough to pick up.

Always. I get annoyed whenever people don't and pray to the karma gods to even things up for them.

I always feel for cleaners who have a short turn around time in getting something ready for the next lot of people ie. aircraft, cinemas, shows, hotel rooms

People are so disgusting and having to clean those messes in such a short period of time would s**t me

Worse would be crime scene cleaners

I always feel for cleaners who have a short turn around time in getting something ready for the next lot of people ie. aircraft, cinemas, shows, hotel rooms

People are so disgusting and having to clean those messes in such a short period of time would s**t me

Cleaned cinema 6 das 550 seat cinema sat night between the 6pm and 9pm sesh had 10 mins. And i did it alone.

Huge feat.

Just the one time tho thankfully

I just assume that anyone who doesn't put their own rubbish in the bin at the food court wasn't raised right by their mother.

Cleaners aren't always around. If the food court is busy enough you're just leaving a ton of rubbish on the table for the poor single mother of 3 young kids to clean up before she and the little darlings can sit at it. She has a tough enough life, man. Help her out by putting your own s**t in the bin. Come on.

When I was in Phuket I got really badly sunburnt on my shoulders, on the way home my plane seat looked like it had recently snowed when I got off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was in Phuket I got really badly sunburnt on my shoulders, on the way home my plane seat looked like it had recently snowed when I got off.

That is gross - they must of been thinking wtf Is this

Don’t each much at these places but probably depends on how busy it is. If you’re having lunch in a shopping centre food court at this time of year, it’s probably chockers and there’s often people walking round with food looking for a table.

If you leave your rubbish there then obviously the cleaner isn’t going to get to it in a couple of seconds, so you’re just leaving it for another patron to clean up. It’s inconsiderate.

If you’re in an empty fast food joint and there’s no demand for tables, meh. Doesn’t matter much I don’t think.

Seriously thought better of a lot of you. Staggering the amount of people who eat at food courts, I'm arguably the biggest POS on this site and can't fathom eating at one of these place once, let alone enough to warrant questioning of etiquette standards at such a venue.

Seriously thought better of a lot of you. Staggering the amount of people who eat at food courts, I'm arguably the biggest POS on this site and can't fathom eating at one of these place once, let alone enough to warrant questioning of etiquette standards at such a venue.
Okay Mr. Gatsby. La di da. Too good to eat amongst the common folk, huh? Prefer a high tea at the Grand Hyatt? 8:30 res at Dorsia? Elitist yuppie scumbag.

Lol Craigos can't even afford to eat at a food court. Stick to licking the moss from river rocks you travelling hobo.

Okay Mr. Gatsby. La di da. Too good to eat amongst the common folk, huh? Prefer a high tea at the Grand Hyatt? 8:30 res at Dorsia? Elitist yuppie scumbag.
Elitist? Mate, spaghetti on toast was a good meal for me growing up in the mining towns of South America. I was just raised where you'd have self respect, not eat like some crack addict among a plethora of snotty nosed children, adolescents with sex juice on every inch of their body and adults who think asking for a doggy bag at an all you can eat restaurant is ok.

Lol Craigos can't even afford to eat at a food court. Stick to licking the moss from river rocks you travelling hobo.
That moss is considered a fine garnish in many eastern cultures you ignorant white cisgendered son of a bitch.

Seriously thought better of a lot of you. Staggering the amount of people who eat at food courts. I'm arguably the biggest POS on this site and can't fathom eating at one of these places, even once, let alone enough to warrant questioning of the etiquette standards at such venues.

Hear, hear craigos….Very well put indeed.

I also believe it's high time that the O/P took some of Jordan Peterson's advice & began by cleaning his room first.....One can only imagine the variety & number of neighbourhood balls that are cluttering up that space.

I don't eat at food courts often...but when I do it's usually just in a bag and I always clean it up and put it away.

campaigners who get a plate of "Chinese" at food courts deserved to be shot

I always clean-up, not that hard to pile everything together or put it on a tray and take it to the bin. Probably just the way I was brought up - I was/am always told to not leave rubbish around so it carries over into public life as well. And to counter the possibility of the table that I'm eating from not being disinfected, I either eat from the bag, the packet or the tray that the food comes in, or lay napkins on the table to use as a makeshift plate. Also, it helps keep food scraps off the table. Nothing worse than looking for a table and finding a huge hunk of lettuce and mayo stuck everywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back