Do you clear your own table when eating out?

It's a common courtesy especially during busy periods.
Cleaners have more tables to clean and less time to clean them in between customers trying to grab a table for them and their family.

Take your rubbish to the bin, and if someone can't eat without slopping on the table flag down a cleaner to wipe the table top

World's turning into a collective of lazy sloths

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Have to say, shopping centre food courts are the pits.
Narre Warren is like pigs at a trough.
* that s**t.
If I get food from there, I never sit down, I GTFO ASAP, rather eat in my car.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Food courts arent that bad- having said that i dont particularly sit down and have a meal there. Maybe a snack that's it.

Anyone seen that buffet in Sunshine shopping centre, near the movies, looks like salmonella central to me..

My brother is a sparky and often gets small jobs to fix in food court or pub kitchens. He reckons they are the most disgusting places on earth. Just dirty as * and dead rodents everywhere.

Still enjoy getting a quick meal at a food court if needed, guts of steel

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I just assume that anyone who doesn't put their own rubbish in the bin at the food court wasn't raised right by their mother.

Cleaners aren't always around. If the food court is busy enough you're just leaving a ton of rubbish on the table for the poor single mother of 3 young kids to clean up before she and the little darlings can sit at it. She has a tough enough life, man. Help her out by putting your own s**t in the bin. Come on.
No sympathy. She should get her act together and have crico deliver a years worth of nuggets. Right to her door! It's very convince.

Have to say, shopping centre food courts are the pits.
Narre Warren is like pigs at a trough.
**** that s**t.
If I get food from there, I never sit down, I GTFO ASAP, rather eat in my car.

it IS narre warren. What do you expect?!! :D
Spot on about eating in the car. Its an underrated practice.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
What about during your stay?

I sometimes do that I can't help it
During the stay is fine. They only have a really short amount of time to clean each room at check out, and making the bed just means they have to pull it all apart anyway. If you want to be helpful when checking out you're better off stripping the bed for them (down to the mattress topper).

During the stay is fine. They only have a really short amount of time to clean each room at check out, and making the bed just means they have to pull it all apart anyway. If you want to be helpful when checking out you're better off stripping the bed for them (down to the mattress topper).

Noted.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
When I leave a hotel room it is very neat- bed unmade and towels on the floor (they actually tell you to do that- so they know you've used them)

Rubbish definitely in the bin.
And leave a few gold coins in the ashtray as a tip for the cleaners

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's a common courtesy especially during busy periods.
Cleaners have more tables to clean and less time to clean them in between customers trying to grab a table for them and their family.

Take your rubbish to the bin, and if someone can't eat without slopping on the table flag down a cleaner to wipe the table top

World's turning into a collective of lazy sloths
Shopping centres will only price in so much cleaner time. So you can either clean up after yourself or:
1. The next person is less likely to find a clean table. Like all 'social norms', if enough are only on the side of doing and not receiving they stop, then it's stuffed for all.
2. Shopping centres put on more cleaners and that cost gets passed onto the food places, and in turn to us. It's nice to say 'I paid for it so GAGF', but you'll pay in the end.

How about when eating at a restaurant?

Half the time you barely finish and they swoop in and take the plate away. The worst are those who go to take my drink when I still have a mouthful or two

Back