Do you clear your own table when eating out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
hi GD

i'll cut straight to the chase: if you are eating in a food court, fast food joint, or anywhere where you are given food on a tray and there are bins around and there is perhaps some expectation you'll clear your own table: do you do it?

I don't.

hi GD

i'll cut straight to the chase: if you are eating in a food court, fast food joint, or anywhere where you are given food on a tray and there are bins around and there is perhaps some expectation you'll clear your own table: do you do it?

I don't.

Of course you don't....You're the type of campaigner who wouldn't even give the local neighbourhood kid his ball back.

The reason why you SHOULDN'T clear your own table is because the cleaners often won't clean a table if it appears "clean". If you leave your rubbish, then they will immediately come and clean it, AND, the table top itself. But if you clean it of rubbish, they just don't clean it, takes them ages before they might....if another person complains about the table top itself still having food residue on it.

The reason why you SHOULDN'T clear your own table is because the cleaners often won't clean a table if it appears "clean". If you leave your rubbish, then they will immediately come and clean it, AND, the table top itself. But if you clean it of rubbish, they just don't clean it, takes them ages before they might....if another person complains about the table top itself still having food residue on it.

Or maybe dont be a messy campaigner in the first place and theres no need to clean it?

And then cleaners will be out of a job... ok make a mess.

I do - but I also understand GG.exe POV as often or not the table still needs a wipe down

In saying that in the DFO foodhall recently there was a decided lack of bins and in the end I stacked the rubbish on a table that was full of discarded rubbish - seems no one else could find the bin either

+1

Sounds like the wrong thing to do, but it is actually correct. Close thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason it 'sounds wrong' is because these establishments put BS societal pressure on us to do it, with their big bins and what-not. People, being mostly polite and well intentioned, succumb to this pressure.

It's just like with self serve supermarkets, self serve banks etc. I'm sick of these places turning their customers into unpaid employees.

I give you money,you give me food, I eat food. End of business relationship. I don't clear my table, mop the floors, or go back in the kitchen and work the pancake station for three hours. Leave me alone.

Discuss.

Of course you don't....You're the type of campaigner who wouldn't even give the local neighbourhood kid his ball back.

the kids are careless, inconsiderate little farm animals and I don't regret keeping one ball of the ten thousand they sent over the fence.

The only reason it 'sounds wrong' is because these establishments put BS societal pressure on us to do it, with their big bins and what-not. People, being mostly polite and well intentioned, succumb to this pressure.

It's just like with self serve supermarkets, self serve banks etc. I'm sick of these places turning their customers into unpaid employees.

I give you money,you give me food, I eat food. End of business relationship. I don't clear my table, mop the floors, or go back in the kitchen and work the pancake station for three hours. Leave me alone.

Discuss.

Here is another similar situation. I actually throw my s**t away after a movie! The cleaning staff have very little time to move around and clean properly so I do my best to help. Its actually been told that its best to have any scraps youre too lazy to throw into the bin to place it on the seats.

Getting back to your fast food tables, I would rather the cleaning staff cleaned it and wiped it over. i hate the thought of eating on a surface covered with another persons germs, food residue etc etc.

Here is another similar situation. I actually throw my s**t away after a movie! The cleaning staff have very little time to move around and clean properly so I do my best to help. Its actually been told that its best to have any scraps youre too lazy to throw into the bin to place it on the seats.

Getting back to your fast food tables, I would rather the cleaning staff cleaned it and wiped it over. i hate the thought of eating on a surface covered with another persons germs, food residue etc etc.

I reckon the table would be cleaner BEFORE they used that same cloth on it again and again and again

c.

Being an ex cinema worker i could kiss you. This also massively helped us out particularly during the busy times.

I also make an effort to not drop any popcorn whilst in the movie also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back