Society/Culture Do you understand and accept the importance of neopronouns?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Just in case you're wondering...

Chief what is BigFooty's stance on neopronouns?

Noun-self pronouns can refer to animals - so your pronouns can be "bun/bunself" and "kitten/kittenself". Others refer to fantasy characters - "vamp/vampself", "prin/cess/princesself", "fae/faer/faeself" - or even just common slang, like "Innit/Innits/Innitself".

My preferred noun-self pronoun is Jesus/Jesusself.

Do the BigFooty rules and regulations reflect this new orthodoxy? If someone refuses to use my preferred pronouns, would you sanction them for it?

It's important. Neopronouns give people who feel different from the rest of the world a way to avoid all its boxes at once.

Get a hobby.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just in case you're wondering...

Chief what is BigFooty's stance on neopronouns?

Noun-self pronouns can refer to animals - so your pronouns can be "bun/bunself" and "kitten/kittenself". Others refer to fantasy characters - "vamp/vampself", "prin/cess/princesself", "fae/faer/faeself" - or even just common slang, like "Innit/Innits/Innitself".

My preferred noun-self pronoun is Jesus/Jesusself.

Do the BigFooty rules and regulations reflect this new orthodoxy? If someone refuses to use my preferred pronouns, would you sanction them for it?

It's important. Neopronouns give people who feel different from the rest of the world a way to avoid all its boxes at once.
As a simplistic answer I would say I am against sanctioning someone for "failure to use neopronoun". If you are someone who wants neopronooun use beyond the common he/him, she/her or they/them (like the example given bun/bunself) its on the individual to represent themself as wanting that but not get upset if hide bound traditionalists don't conform. Afterall, the bunself person is only one person, why must the feelings of one person force a change on the majority when there is no measurable impact by the non use of the pronoun.

Note I am comfortable with the use of they/them for non binary (I believe this is the preferred term) although have seen some sci fi writers use Zim/zer. If theres a standard convention happy to use.

Sweet Jesus

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
As a simplistic answer I would say I am against sanctioning someone for "failure to use neopronoun". If you are someone who wants neopronooun use beyond the common he/him, she/her or they/them (like the example given bun/bunself) its on the individual to represent themself as wanting that but not get upset if hide bound traditionalists don't conform. Afterall, the bunself person is only one person, why must the feelings of one person force a change on the majority when there is no measurable impact by the non use of the pronoun.
Hate speech!

Remove this Banner Ad