Docklands Stadium (Marvel Stadium) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You are clueless. What he is saying about the prices are bloody correct.
I nearly fell over the few times I been there and brought some snacks and drink to find out what they told me it cost was actually their prices.
The whole joint is there just to screw football fans over. I will try to eat before the next time I get there so I never buy anything there again.
Really would love to see the day it is bulldozed over. Will personally celebrate that event, if and when it happens.

Cant see the AFL doing away with that profit margin.

You are clueless. What he is saying about the prices are bloody correct.
I nearly fell over the few times I been there and brought some snacks and drink to find out what they told me it cost was actually their prices.
The whole joint is there just to screw football fans over. I will try to eat before the next time I get there so I never buy anything there again.
Really would love to see the day it is bulldozed over. Will personally celebrate that event, if and when it happens.

You do realise the prices are shown on screens, so if you're falling over at the register over the prices isn't that just ignorance or bad planning on your part?

You do realise the prices are shown on screens, so if you're falling over at the register over the prices isn't that just ignorance or bad planning on your part?

Yes, it is ignorance on my part at the time for not checking to look and assume it would be a reasonable price. I was still going to purchase what I had because we were hungry and thirsty at the time but no way in the world will I be leaving myself open to going there again on a whim now I am fully aware what an incredible rip off it has reached. I have noticed the last few times I been to the ground the attendances are dropping off for games that used to get more and I have no doubt there is a more and more people just not even bothering with the joint when they see a game programmed there.

you do realise you can bring your own food in right.
Step 1: bring a bag full of everything you need (minus cans and grog)
Step 2: tell security you have allergies and these foods meet your dietary requirements
Step 3: ???
Step 4: technically, profit.
You can bring anything into the stadium now. They dropped the ban. Minus cans and grog.

Yes, it is ignorance on my part at the time for not checking to look and assume it would be a reasonable price. I was still going to purchase what I had because we were hungry and thirsty at the time but no way in the world will I be leaving myself open to going there again on a whim now I am fully aware what an incredible rip off it has reached. I have noticed the last few times I been to the ground the attendances are dropping off for games that used to get more and I have no doubt there is a more and more people just not even bothering with the joint when they see a game programmed there.

Might the drop off you are noting actually be caused by your team being crap at the moment? I went to the blues/dogs game and while their was a good crowd in the GA area the Carlton reserved seats were half empty.

Might the drop off you are noting actually be caused by your team being crap at the moment? I went to the blues/dogs game and while their was a good crowd in the GA area the Carlton reserved seats were half empty.

nah, that is not what I meant. There would be a small drop of there but in reality I noticed across the board crowd numbers down a bit at the few Docklands games compared to crowds that used to go there when it was a new toy. A lot of football fans just do not feel like going there and increasingly things like snack prices only give more reason to give the joint a miss and watch on tv.

To be blunt, if people are staying away from a ground because of food prices the they're not true supporters anyway

To be blunt you got no idea.
Some people have families and just put off with the place as the cost is straw that breaks camels back for some.
Enter the real world and you might get a clue.

Some people have families and just put off with the place as the cost is straw that breaks camels back for some.
When I was a kid my dad would often bring in homemade sandwichs, snacks etc. to the footy... will probably do the same when I have kids

When I was at Docklands last year I was allowed to bring the Favoloso pizza in.

Personally I don't understand the hate for Docklands, venue is right next to the main train station, it's got a roof so it's not too cold during Melbourne winter. I love going to games there

lol at having a cry because you were too dumb or lazy to organise a bit of food to bring in with you for a game of footy. All big time sports venues are like that, whatever replaced Docklands if it were knocked over would just be the same with overpriced food.

nah, that is not what I meant. There would be a small drop of there but in reality I noticed across the board crowd numbers down a bit at the few Docklands games compared to crowds that used to go there when it was a new toy. A lot of football fans just do not feel like going there and increasingly things like snack prices only give more reason to give the joint a miss and watch on tv.
Of recent times the AFL has noticed a drop in crows pretty much across the board. To this end they scheduled Vic games in major timeslots at the MCG and Etihad and started working on fan experience to attract people off the couch and back to the venues.
This wasn't/isn't a docklands thing, it was an AFL thing, especially prevalent in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says the person that just buys stuff willy nilly and then has a cry when told how much their careless spending will cost them.

If you plan appropriately, you can make a trip to any game affordable.

Also, didn't the price of food and beverages at the MCG and Etihad get reduced by a fair bit last year. I recall a bottle of water (Mt Franklin) being around the $3 mark.

Says the person that just buys stuff willy nilly and then has a cry when told how much their careless spending will cost them.

If you plan appropriately, you can make a trip to any game affordable.

Also, didn't the price of food and beverages at the MCG and Etihad get reduced by a fair bit last year. I recall a bottle of water (Mt Franklin) being around the $3 mark.
Go to a bar as ask for a cup of tap water... even cheaper! By law because they serve alcohol they must serve you water if you ask for it

Couldn't people eat before then after the game if they don't want to buy food at the stadium. Pretty sure everyone at the ground would have went without junk food for more than 3 hours before.

Sitting on level 1, section 12, row F for the dogs game on sunday.. Pretty sure this is directly behind the interchange bench, dont mind because im sure i can find a couple of seats a bay over or something but just confirming that section 12 is directly behind the bench please?

I dont get the hate for Etihad.
I love the ground. Best football viewing experience in Australia. It has a freaking roof where you can watch football in a perfect environment every day of the year.
Its in the CBD.
Why the hell people bitch about it is mind boggling.
And when I hear people blame the best spectator stadium in Australia as the reason they dont go to the games is totally mental.
Vic supporters have had everything given to them on a spoon and are lazy ungrateful peeps.

I dont get the hate for Etihad.
I love the ground. Best football viewing experience in Australia. It has a freaking roof where you can watch football in a perfect environment every day of the year.
Its in the CBD.
Why the hell people bitch about it is mind boggling.
And when I hear people blame the best spectator stadium in Australia as the reason they dont go to the games is totally mental.
Vic supporters have had everything given to them on a spoon and are lazy ungrateful peeps.
I don't hate it either but i do have a couple of things that annoy me about it
- Stadium is badly positioned so on nice days when the roof can be opened it's not so great
- Everything is really expensive despite the come down in prices
- GA is shoved up all the way to level 3

Also i wish my team would win there every once and a while!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back