Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Oz Release May 5 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished this. God these movies are strange but I’m absolutely here for them. Find them very engaging.

so do we think she’s actually dead?

She's contracted for more Marvel appearances, so logically she'll be back in some way in the future. Still evil or a redemption arc ?

I watched it again on the weekend and enjoyed it. The two cringe parts are...well, cringe but passable. The singing bit and the the face off at the end, just the facial expressions and the 'uh uhh' of SW just comes off as...weird.

the twins singing?

Watched this during the week. I’m pretty over superhero movies but Raimi made this watchable. Loved the Pizza Poppas reference.

The music note fight scene was weird
This was actually one of my favourite parts of the film. The fight was Beethoven’s 5th vs Bach’s Toccata and Fugue.

Beethoven’s symphonic work is very big and heroic, Bach’s organ music is creepy and atmospheric - it’s a mashup in the same way the film is a mashup

Beethoven’s 5th is also known as the Fate Symphony - an appropriate metaphor for the character who wields it
Has the latest dr strange movie screwed up the marvel multiverse?

in loki there was one core universe and then all these variant universes emerged off the core.

Yet in dr strange its clearly stated there are infinite universes where every possible outcome happens.

the concept of infinite universes already existing is completely incompatible with the multiverse as described in Loki. all possible variant universes already exist if there are infinitie universes making the whole plot of loki nonsense.

any thoughts on this?
I think you’re overthinking what are fundamentally kids movies drawn from kids comic book stories

There are some very nice adult touches that I appreciate (see above) but if you try and hold the plot up to too much scrutiny you are going to have a bad time

Biggest gripe was they essentially shat all over Wandavision. She had essentially come to the realisation at the end of that of the consequences of what she had done and how terrible it was. It was quite clear Raimi never watched the whole series.
I can’t fault him for that, I couldn't stomach it either
Marvel's multiverse just seems like a flimsy plot contrivance to allow more graphics action sequences for the characters.
…sounds like you are new to comic books

Remove this Banner Ad

Back