FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently these are the new guys that will be joining Jodie
DNF1Y6_WsAEPFxx.jpg

Hard to say but did hear a while ago that it might be a more assemble cast set up like it was back in the days of the 3rd Doctor, and if that's right might be a good change for the show.

Yeah I like more, as I really enjoyed Dr, Nardole and Bill's interactions. I see the new lot as a continuation of this dynamic.
Not going to judge them until I've seen a few episodes.

Love the show, but why bring Bill back again?

If you have to bring back a character who already had a decent ending, at least wait a while. If she popped up in a few years for an adventure that might be interesting, but she literally just got her ending last episode. Even that was after she had an OK ending.

Bill shot through the chest - OK cool, reinforces that not every companion needs to be a near immortal saviour of the universe, some die.
Bill is back as a cyberman and dies - OK, prolonged it a bit but still an ending.
Actually Bill is alive and she saves the Doctor and leaves with water girl. - Cool, nice ending.

Bill is back again???

Did you stop watching it immediately after they introduced the female Master?

Is not watching something the only way we're allowed to express disapproval?

If I do stop watching does it mean I don't like a Female Master, or does it mean I don't like Clara as a companion, or does it mean I don't like Capaldi's new haircut, or does it mean I don't like the new TARDIS interior, or does it mean ...

Is not watching something the only way we're allowed to express disapproval?

If I do stop watching does it mean I don't like a Female Master, or does it mean I don't like Clara as a companion, or does it mean I don't like Capaldi's new haircut, or does it mean I don't like the new TARDIS interior, or does it mean ...

Think you're dragging this too far.

Shows do things that not everyone likes, if someone doesnt like what they do they can stop watching it and commit their time to something they find more appropriate or they can see if the show can change their mind.

Its pretty simple really.

Think you're dragging this too far.

Shows do things that not everyone likes, if someone doesnt like what they do they can stop watching it and commit their time to something they find more appropriate or they can see if the show can change their mind.

Its pretty simple really.

You're the one being quite convoluted for no reason.

I stated, quite simply, that plenty of people weren't happy and haven't accepted a female Master. You asked if I had expressed this by boycotting the show. I suggested there are plenty of ways this unhappiness can be expressed other than a boycott.

To suggest that disliking even one facet of a show should mean you stop watching or else don't critique is very simple-minded.

You're the one being quite convoluted for no reason.

I stated, quite simply, that plenty of people weren't happy and haven't accepted a female Master. You asked if I had expressed this by boycotting the show. I suggested there are plenty of ways this unhappiness can be expressed other than a boycott.

To suggest that disliking even one facet of a show should mean you stop watching or else don't critique is very simple-minded.

So what you're saying is, when a show does something people dont like, its easier for them to just kick up a stink online and complain about it?

So what you're saying is, when a show does something people dont like, its easier for them to just kick up a stink online and complain about it?

Er, no?

Who kicked up a stink?

You suggested everyone accepted a Female Master, I said plenty hadn't. Simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Er, no?

Who kicked up a stink?

You suggested everyone accepted a Female Master, I said plenty hadn't. Simple.

Is it unfair to suggest if people kept watching the show then they at least got used to the idea of a Female Master? If it annoyed people enough would they not take a break from the show?

Id be curious to see the viewing numbers both pre and post female Master to actually see if it ruffled enough feathers or not.

Is it unfair to suggest if people kept watching the show then they at least got used to the idea of a Female Master? If it annoyed people enough would they not take a break from the show?

Id be curious to see the viewing numbers both pre and post female Master to actually see if it ruffled enough feathers or not.

I didn't say it was unfair.

You keep fixating on this notion that if someone doesn't like one element of a show, that they should just boycott it. As I suggested, what if I don't like the way they changed Capaldi's hair style, should I boycott? Or the new TARDIS interior? Should I boycott? Or maybe, just maybe, am I allowed to watch a show and not absolutely adore every single element of it?

I didn't say it was unfair.

You keep fixating on this notion that if someone doesn't like one element of a show, that they should just boycott it. As I suggested, what if I don't like the way they changed Capaldi's hair style, should I boycott? Or the new TARDIS interior? Should I boycott? Or maybe, just maybe, am I allowed to watch a show and not absolutely adore every single element of it?

Of course you can, but we are taking a pretty significant change.

Youre comparing a hair style to a complete gender change of a recurring main character.

Of course you can, but we are taking a pretty significant change.

Youre comparing a hair style to a complete gender change of a recurring main character.

Didn't you only a few posts ago belittle people who saw it as a significant change?

The master regenerated as a women and we all accepted that.

It' a show literally about time travel and we are worried it's main characer now has a vagina? Just pretend she/he is disguising himself or herself or whatever.

Oh it's so simple, we should just treat it as if the Doctor has just changed the way he dresses or - hey wait a minute.

Didn't you only a few posts ago belittle people who saw it as a significant change?

I didnt mean to come across that way, but stuff changes in shows all the time, whether to try and bring a spark back to it or just to give the story something different to go with. Of course in this situation its seen as being PC Mad and pandering to "Whatever men can do, women can to!" nature that most things are trending towards.

Each to their own, I just think some people are overreacting, like they believe this show owes it to them to stick to the formula.

I didnt mean to come across that way, but stuff changes in shows all the time, whether to try and bring a spark back to it or just to give the story something different to go with. Of course in this situation its seen as being PC Mad and pandering to "Whatever men can do, women can to!" nature that most things are trending towards.

Each to their own, I just think some people are overreacting, like they believe this show owes it to them to stick to the formula.

With specific regard to the Master, most complained about it because it was seen as a flippant change to basically survey the audience about whether they would accept a Female Doctor.. which is what it ended up being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back