Does anyone think it was a sting?

hustla

All Australian
Sep 11, 2007
Raheen
AFL Club
Carlton
Cousins has links to OC gangs. He is the bait. They want to get what they can out of him. Cousins is pretty much f**k*d. If he doesn't fess up, he'll be convicted on the 2 charges from yesterday, if he does fess up, he won't be alive.

FOOOOTY

Premiership Player
RIP
Aug 27, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
yah maybe 16hrs ago wen i created the thread and there was still alot of confusion i may of just been wakin up to it.

Oct 1, 2006
Boom town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Steelers & Penguins
Was actually fimed by ABC (first on the scene) when it came over the police scanners that tv stations rely on.

I thought the police had scrambled radios now? Or is that not in yet? I thought they got it when they got those digital radios with the fancy computers they now have.

InCase

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Let's not forget that Cousins has very close links with the biggest gangsters in WA, and refused to assist police over a very serious crime - a nightclub shooting - that involved very serious gangsters.

I wonder where he had been prior to his arrest ...

Yet people wonder why he didn't talk?

AFKAJR

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2007
Denmark, WA
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Milk, Milk, Lemonade
I thought the police had scrambled radios now? Or is that not in yet? I thought they got it when they got those digital radios with the fancy computers they now have.

I work in a govt media office and the police rely on us and media outlets for publicity and information, sometimes good, sometimes bad. The police and the media have arrangements about sharing information.

Meaning we have a police scanner in our office, which is about 2 months old and I know the TV stations in Tuart Hill have ones with antennas that cover most of the SW.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
Wonder just how "suspect" your driving has to be in order for oinkers to have a right to pull you over.

They can pretty much pull you over for a random license check if they want. The number of times I got pulled over with P plates or because of certain characters known to police being in the car. Then claim they seen something questionable in the car to warrant a search.

Aug 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Were given a tip-off by someone witnessing it, happened in broad daylight, Ch 9 didn't have to go far.

Yep. A mate of mine (Docker supporter) tipped them off. He had been pulled over for quite a while before they got there hence there is no footage of the passengers. Also with it only being a short distance from Martin house and the Childrens court TV cameras are always around.

whytee

Senior List
Oct 9, 2007
Perth (Not for long)
AFL Club
Carlton
Totally, I like the way they say he was pulled up because of erratic driving. One police car pulled in front and the second police car behind. I didn't realise that undercover cops drove around in tandem looking for these things.

He shoulda been smarter. oh well done now.

Valve Bounce

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
They can pretty much pull you over for a random license check if they want. The number of times I got pulled over with P plates or because of certain characters known to police being in the car. Then claim they seen something questionable in the car to warrant a search.
Remind me not to hitch a ride with you. :eek: :eek:

BBFFC

All Australian
Aug 27, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am not up on the specifics of the arrest.

But if there are two cars of suspects though to have drugs that seems like a reasonable no. of police officers to allocate.

And as has been said, cant they radio for backup once they beleive drugs are involved.

If it were a sting, so what, they got what they wanted.

MBIB

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2007
Coburg
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm
Something is very wrong with the police force in WA if they're allocating 10+ plain clothes policemen from OCI to go out and swoop on a "small fry" druggy and hit them with a possession charge.

We don't really know what they know for starters. And if they can get someone as high profile as Cousins with anything on him it will show every child/adult in the country what can happen if you deal with drugs.
I honestly believe there is much more to it but the whole media thing could just be a nice lesson for the rest of us.

Back