Does the success of Chris Fagan make the return of the White Wolf inevitable?

Remove this Banner Ad

MOVEMENT_MAN

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
maxresdefault.jpg

With Brisbane being the new blue print for clubs seeking a rebuild is there no better person than Gary Ayres to take on the role?

Has the experience and in his own words has worked on his man management skills since being at Port Melbourne.

I thought this was going to be Malthouse. Ayres for sure should be a candidate. Malthouse go away.

I thought this was going to be Malthouse. Ayres for sure should be a candidate. Malthouse go away.

Marc Murphy was asked yesterday about Malthouse returning to coaching. His response was pretty telling....

Watch his body language as he responds. He's got more tics than a clock factory....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc Murphy was asked yesterday about Malthouse returning to coaching. His response was pretty telling....

Watch his body language as he responds. He's got more tics than a clock factory....

Malthouse was an unmitigated disaster for us. He wanted to turn Murph into something he wasn’t.

Richmond have shown the best thing to do is let people be themselves and express who they are, while treating each other with respect.

With coaches ages, it’s no one size fits all. You see it elsewhere in the world, coaches of all ages succeed and fail.

Just in the AFL we go on trends. Young coach wins flag = everyone needs a young coach.

Coach wins flag who was an assistant under Clarko = everyone needs one

Coach does well after poor previous season (hardwick, bucks, bomber) = we must all give coaches lots of time

Now it will be, club sacks coach mid year and gets instant turnaround = sack coach if results aren’t good during season

Ayres to Gold Coast.
You know it makes sense.
He'll ruffle feathers and toughen the place up, which is exactly what they need.

Their list actually needs to be adapted to today's footy. Too many one-paced plodders who work hard but have little skill or flair. Their squad is workmanlike to a fault.

I would appoint him coach but if you wanted a bloke to sit alongside a younger coach and help guide him and assist he would be the man I’d pick. If my saints pick an untried assistant and Brett Ratten was to leave I’d be on the phone to Ayres

Remove this Banner Ad

Back