Autopsy Dogs fail to perform against saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it has gone beyond all that.

The Saints have 15 on their injury list. There is zero reason to be thumped, they're not even good with a full list.

It's the Ross Lyon flood bullshit and we knew it was coming and still did nothing. There appears ro be no game plan and the coach is clueless

Venting your spleen and blaming the coach might make you feel better but it doesn't do anything to fix our on field problems.

West's lack of professionalism in multiple instances was atrocious, played like the tiger's Richo used to, without all the good stuff
At one stage stopped when he was expecting to hear the whistle. I like Westy, he plays like a man with no confidence and needs someone to bring out the best in him. He has the talent to be a very good player.

At one stage stopped when he was expecting to hear the whistle. I like Westy, he plays like a man with no confidence and needs someone to bring out the best in him. He has the talent to be a very good player.
yes, he has plenty of talent, but that attitude is terrible. needs a good kick up the ass. His dad was such a smart, natural footballer, yet his son has power and athleticism but no smarts

yes, he has plenty of talent, but that attitude is terrible. needs a good kick up the ass. His dad was such a smart, natural footballer, yet his son has power and athleticism but no smarts
His son is not up to AFL level unfortunately. Too slow and poor skills. Sad to say it.

Hard to display the talent when he's played out of position and in the most difficult position on the ground.

He dominates the midfield in the VFL and earns a call up to the seniors and is then placed in the forward pocket. Rinse and repeat with Garcia and co.

West is going to leave and it'll make the club look pathetic. He will be a gun.

Hard to display the talent when he's played out of position and in the most difficult position on the ground.

He dominates the midfield in the VFL and earns a call up to the seniors and is then placed in the forward pocket. Rinse and repeat with Garcia and co.

West is going to leave and it'll make the club look pathetic. He will be a gun.
Thought he signed on for 2 more years.

I didn't think the defence was all bad, at least relatively speaking. While their initiative with ball movement, especially in the first quarter could have been better, when you lose a game with -20 I50 differential, that's usually on the midfield, not the forward line or defence.
Bevo spoke highly of their efforts stemming the flow. Bruce, Jones and Crozier did well with the intercept work at times and battled hard.

Last edited:
That's a very good idea to delay sending, until you are certain you have phrased your message respectfully but stating your main points. How many times have we bashed something out in indignation and pressed Send, only to wish we'd done it differently.

Precisely!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone out there remember to the start to the 87 season? Lost by 60, 108 and 87 points. Rocked up the next week expecting the worst, playing against Hawthorn, reigning premiers. Looked a like a completely different side, won by 7 goals in a canter. I wouldn't give up on next week just yet, $2.90 looks pretty juicy to me. You can't go that bad in such a short space of time. Just trying to be positive, I'm all for change but not after 2 games. Lets see how the next month pans out.
Were you around in the macartney era? We never improved in his last season , instead went backwoods at warp speed. The writing has been on the wall for for at least 12 months you just have to look for the indicators. No strategy, players losing confidence in the game plan, players easily giving up, players don't understand their roles, team doesn't understand its role, d and c grade assistant coaches.

Venting your spleen and blaming the coach might make you feel better but it doesn't do anything to fix our on field problems.
Unfortunately the buck does stop with the coach, and it appears that the squad has been ill prepared for the current football season. Two games in a row where a major factor has been we've been absolutely run ragged by the opposition. Surely starting to break records in the GPS differential. Is the squad not fit enough or not motivated? Do we just stop running when the opposition kicks a few goals in a row?

Swap Bruce and Naughton (can't believe I'm saying this)

Jamarra needs a spell. Playing like a millionaire.

West - in the twos until he shows a skerrick of competence.

Oh and Toby Mclean is one step away from the scrapheap. Completely cooked.
Not the worst idea, at least short term.

Bruce is a natural forward. And Naughton needs to get away from taking set shots!

I heard from a reasonable sauce that he is very frustrated with the coaching situation.
I watched him on the sideline in the first quarter, he was so frustrated. He was shaking his head, and looking so pissed off. Also that hit from that Saints player in our fifty (don’t know who it was) was hitting his head, I thought we should have had a concussion test and that player needs to meet the tribunal.

Last edited:
Here lies the other problem right now. Our strength and conditioning team is rubbish. Every year we have a truckload of injuries, the same old story and every year we look like weaklings and are physically outmuscled. Get rid of the lot of them.

We had a good strength and conditioning team. Players were developing well, injuries were standard compared to the league, we were solid in the contest. We were also one of the fittest teams running both ways. I personally knew one of the staff as well. Then they sacked a few of them around Covid to cut costs, and have not really replaced many since. Some quality people were lost. These days I don't even know who is who in the fitness department.

No surprise our work rate started to drop off in the second half of 2021, even though we blitzed into the Grand Final. Players were still well conditioned from the previous team. But the gradual drop continued into a significant one into 2022, and it sadly appears to be worse in 2023. Mind you we are only two games in. But can only go by what we have seen so far. Feel the cuts to the soft cap hurt us more than expected. Whether we refilled all those cut positions since, or replaced them. Feels like the quality is not the same as what we lost at least.

Last edited:
Club statement on Facebook

The Western Bulldogs strongly condemns the harmful and abhorrent racist remarks aimed at Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, during and following last night’s match against St Kilda.

Racism of any kind does not belong in our game, nor in our society. We cannot tolerate it.

Comments like these are extremely upsetting and cause significant hurt and harm for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. They are said to intentionally harm, and we continue to be confronted by them as a community.

We’re saddened by the constant need to reinforce the negative impact this has on the individuals concerned, and all First Nations people.

We will continue to make a stand and call out this behaviour, and use our voice to further educate our fans and the wider community.

The Club is supporting Jamarra, his family, and others within the Club who have justifiably been impacted by this event.

The Club has contacted the AFL Integrity Department, and thanks the St Kilda Football Club for investigating the matter and working to identify the individuals concerned.

Club statement on Facebook

The Western Bulldogs strongly condemns the harmful and abhorrent racist remarks aimed at Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, during and following last night’s match against St Kilda.

Racism of any kind does not belong in our game, nor in our society. We cannot tolerate it.

Comments like these are extremely upsetting and cause significant hurt and harm for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. They are said to intentionally harm, and we continue to be confronted by them as a community.

We’re saddened by the constant need to reinforce the negative impact this has on the individuals concerned, and all First Nations people.

We will continue to make a stand and call out this behaviour, and use our voice to further educate our fans and the wider community.

The Club is supporting Jamarra, his family, and others within the Club who have justifiably been impacted by this event.

The Club has contacted the AFL Integrity Department, and thanks the St Kilda Football Club for investigating the matter and working to identify the individuals concerned.
Will be nice when this s**t no longer happens. Any wonder so many indigenous footballers retire early….this is appalling behaviour. Not calling out any supporters in particular…every club would have a few racists in their midst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back