Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope they fix it soon

All of my opponents in the Shield have been wearing their List A uniforms

That has been *fixed* in the sense that the users who uploaded the teams you downloaded have made proper Sheffield Shield uniforms. However that won't change your already-started career. I hope BA patches in the ability to select, although if those teams you have do not even have a white uniform available I think you're buggered.

Started a career while I wait for these muppets to fix the errors in regards to downloading teams etc.
At least it kind of gets me to learn how to play anyway.
Started as an all rounder, playing pretty trash at the moment.
Very hard to get wickets actually, but I'm pretty economical considering its a T20 league.
Although, I was bowling by pushing R3 down late and then just flicking it up at the end, but it seems you need to flick down earlier? (I kept getting average or worse release). First time I realised it, the guy tonked me for the only six I've conceded.

I'm an awful, awful batsman.

Just saw someone drop one of the easiest catches you'll ever see off my bowling, haven't got a wicket for a while so that was kinda disappointing.
What's the trick to getting perfect release? I keep on getting good or worse.
Can get perfect jump fine.

Just saw someone drop one of the easiest catches you'll ever see off my bowling, haven't got a wicket for a while so that was kinda disappointing.
What's the trick to getting perfect release? I keep on getting good or worse.
Can get perfect jump fine.
What do you bowl?

I think I'm a right arm med fast or fast.
My batting is far far worse than my bowling though, barely manage to hit the ball.
Sometimes when I try the looping aggressive shot, my guy goes to leave it and I end up getting bowled or close to LBW.
You know how you flick down when the circle is green when you jump? Well flick up (between 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock depending on the type of delivery you are bowling and to which handed batsman) when the circle is green going up.

I play as a left arm quick who bats at 8. I find it easier to just block (if you're in T20 not really an option) until you have worked out your timing or just move forward (or back if the outline of the ball in the bowlers hand is red but mostly forward) and flick the stick either to square leg or try and drive it with no modifiers. Can usually pick a gap and get singles or twos until you find your timing and go for bigger shots

You know how you flick down when the circle is green when you jump? Well flick up (between 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock depending on the type of delivery you are bowling and to which handed batsman) when the circle is green going up.

I play as a left arm quick who bats at 8. I find it easier to just block (if you're in T20 not really an option) until you have worked out your timing or just move forward (or back if the outline of the ball in the bowlers hand is red but mostly forward) and flick the stick either to square leg or try and drive it with no modifiers. Can usually pick a gap and get singles or twos until you find your timing and go for bigger shots

I pretty much use L2 all the time, is that a bad idea? I had a look at the buttons but I'm still not totally sure how to use them.
I seem to get ideal timing often but I can't really get onto any.
Played about 6-7 games and scored 1 four as an opener.
Average about 4 or 5.

I pretty much use L2 all the time, is that a bad idea? I had a look at the buttons but I'm still not totally sure how to use them.
I seem to get ideal timing often but I can't really get onto any.
Played about 6-7 games and scored 1 four as an opener.
Average about 4 or 5.
L2 is Left Trigger on PS4 yeah? Sorry I'm on XBox :p

Just from looking at the PS4 Manual:
No modifier - a normal shot along the ground. If you time it right might go for 4. Wider placement.
R2: Defensive shot - blocking the ball
R1: Precision shot - normal shot along the ground. Less power and unlikely to go for 4 but better at picking gaps.
L1: Unorthodox shot - a big shot possibly in the air. So your ramps, reverse sweeps are from this button
L2: Aggressive shot - Lofted shots in the air. Harder to time, particularly early in your innings.
L2+R2: Aggressive ground shots - Like L2 but along the ground. Still hard to time but unlikely to be caught in the air.

So if you want to defend the ball to cover, use R2. Want to hit it over cover, use L2. Want to hit it between cover and cover point for a quick single, use R1. Want to hit it over point with a reverse sweep, use L1. Want to drive it through cover for 4, use L1+R2. Want to just hit it for 2 or get a 4 if your timing is right with less risk, don't use a modifier.

Hope that helps :)

L2 is Left Trigger on PS4 yeah? Sorry I'm on XBox :p

Just from looking at the PS4 Manual:
No modifier - a normal shot along the ground. If you time it right might go for 4. Wider placement.
R2: Defensive shot - blocking the ball
R1: Precision shot - normal shot along the ground. Less power and unlikely to go for 4 but better at picking gaps.
L1: Unorthodox shot - a big shot possibly in the air. So your ramps, reverse sweeps are from this button
L2: Aggressive shot - Lofted shots in the air. Harder to time, particularly early in your innings.
L2+R2: Aggressive ground shots - Like L2 but along the ground. Still hard to time but unlikely to be caught in the air.

So if you want to defend the ball to cover, use R2. Want to hit it over cover, use L2. Want to hit it between cover and cover point for a quick single, use R1. Want to hit it over point with a reverse sweep, use L1. Want to drive it through cover for 4, use L1+R2. Want to just hit it for 2 or get a 4 if your timing is right with less risk, don't use a modifier.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks man.
Just got 3 4's and my high score of 23 before mistiming the spin completely and getting bowled.
Ah well, hopefully it's a sign i'm getting somewhere.

oh no...we're down to a super over, I was so confused when I saw I was coming out to bat again.
God my local team are really bad, think we've won 1 from 6.
Mine was like that at first. Think we were 4-10 in my first season and now we are 7-2 from memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I able to choose whether my player wears long-sleeves and/ or jumpers, or is it like the last one with no control over that?
As far as I know, no control over it which was disappointing as I really wanted to wear long sleeves like I do irl.

It's still like the last one where whoever you replace in the XI gets relegated to 12th man. Currently I've displaced McCullum in the Brisbane Heat lineup but it's got Doolan and Reardon in ahead of him

Ok this may be a silly question but is there anyway to select the "get best" option and get all the proper teams

Cause it came up for me when I first started the game but my internet dropped out not long after I first selected it and I can't for the life of me find it again

Bit stiff to not get this one overturned.

I wonder if that's because it hit the foot and the game only considers LBW's if it hits the pads? When the ball comes off my body and I run it gets given as byes rather than leg byes. I wonder if that's related to that decision?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back