Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Annoying that the get best feature doesn't save the team badges and stuff, really don't want to play for the Melbourne Stars with a Melbourne Shine badge lol, still pretty much have to save teams one by one.

Annoying that the get best feature doesn't save the team badges and stuff, really don't want to play for the Melbourne Stars with a Melbourne Shine badge lol, still pretty much have to save teams one by one.
Apparently the custom logos are what is causing the game to crash. So beware.

Has anybody got tips for batting on veteran? For me I block the green length balls and try and attack the other deliveries. But everyone just nicks off with ideal shot selection/timing/footwork, and I get rolled for 80.

Is there any reason why this is not out?

Also, how long until a cricket game realises that leaving is a part of the sport, and properly animates it?

Push L3 and move the stick in a direction for a different leave, but be careful because some of them take you out of your crease and you have to push circle to get back in.

Yeah I've been dropping into EB every few days for a quick look. Got a gift card for Christmas and haven't seen this in stock yet.

Hahaha - your mates are better than mine.

If I ever got to 99, or in my case 9 (double figues were my triple figures), I reckon any mate I had umpiring would have given me out if I let the ball go outside off stump. Just for the lols.
I let my mate get bowled on a no ball a couple rounds back.

Serves him right for being 0 off 18 balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very lucky, I messed up the spin input and release on that ball too. :D
Pfft, on DBC 14 if you bowled a left arm chinaman bowler and have him bowl a half tracker miles down legside = success. Would just about always go to midwicket or square leg.

So I finally grabbed this game and I'm really enjoying it

Prepared to admit I was wrong about the graphics as it does actually look quite good when you get the official teams and their uniforms in the game (but man did big ant go out of their way to make this game look ugly in the pre release videos)

It would be good if there was a way to change your career mode capabilities mid-career, i.e. be able to change from a spin bowler to a fast bowler and retain your earned XP.

Finally put this on the Xbox 1 tonight and started playing.
Question off the top: Have they removed the Broadcast view for batting?

I'll get it when its half price
Yeah I'm sticking with Cricket 2002 until they fix the bugs.
Cricket02_02.jpg
Cricket-20021.jpg

More criticisms:
  • Selection in career mode is broken. South Africa refuse to select De Kock despite me making him the best batting keeper in the game.
  • The AI score far too quickly in test matches.
  • I'd like to know which milo cricketer they got to motion cap some of the back foot shots.
  • Lack of a back foot leg nudge. You know, the most important shot to score off a short ball without risk.
  • Some shots are completely underpowered compared to others. For example, off the spinners you can charge and play a weird looking wide on drive that always misses the fielder, because it isn't really a shot, and speeds away for four. Driving the ball, pulling the ball most often dribbles to the infield.
  • With some spinners, it is impossible to change the line of the delivery. For example, with a left arm spinner coming around the wicket to a right handed batsman, the drift always makes it land at a stump line, ignoring how hard I'm trying to pitch it outside off.
  • The gameplay modifiers don't appear to stick for any period of time. Maybe they stop working in a different game mode or something.
  • The length of deliveries has no variation. If you select a good length ball, it will land on almost exactly the same length every single time. Try looking at a pitch map on this game, it looks ridiculous. You can only hit 12 different lengths, if you include the length modifiers, which I doubt many people have the knowledge/patience to use anyway.
  • The tour and competition modes don't even have a stats screen or anything

In Patch 3 we trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Back