Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Played for the first time last night after almost religiously playing '14 daily for 2 years.
I read all the critiques on here and elsewhere since its release and thought people may have been nitpicking.
I think I prefer '14, trying to find the right word, but the game feels very stiff to play.

Yeah I'm sticking with Cricket 2002 until they fix the bugs.
View attachment 325626
Cricket-20021.jpg
Hahsh not bad.. Cricket 04 was much better tho.

The one with Brett Lee on the cover

Hahsh not bad.. Cricket 04 was much better tho.

The one with Brett Lee on the cover
Cricket 2002 was pretty clunky compared to Cricket 2000. Used to be able swing and spin it a mile on that. I remember bowling as Warney and bowling people around their legs and getting called wide every time.

Played for the first time last night after almost religiously playing '14 daily for 2 years.
I read all the critiques on here and elsewhere since its release and thought people may have been nitpicking.
I think I prefer '14, trying to find the right word, but the game feels very stiff to play.
At first it felt very weird after playing 14, but after a while it starts to feel good. Bowling in particular is way better.

Is there any way to fix the multiple player issue coming up in career? Start a career, Australia picks Starc 3 times. I tried reverting to stock and downloading get best (which is terrible for teams) and still the same issue. Is there a way to fix this? Also had issues with not being able to be picked for an international team at all, as there is no international selection status.

Some mechanics in the game feel better, but with the never ending crashes, lack of stats, and general flaws the game is quite underwhelming.

More criticisms:
  • Selection in career mode is broken. South Africa refuse to select De Kock despite me making him the best batting keeper in the game.
  • The AI score far too quickly in test matches.
  • I'd like to know which milo cricketer they got to motion cap some of the back foot shots.
  • Lack of a back foot leg nudge. You know, the most important shot to score off a short ball without risk.
  • Some shots are completely underpowered compared to others. For example, off the spinners you can charge and play a weird looking wide on drive that always misses the fielder, because it isn't really a shot, and speeds away for four. Driving the ball, pulling the ball most often dribbles to the infield.
  • With some spinners, it is impossible to change the line of the delivery. For example, with a left arm spinner coming around the wicket to a right handed batsman, the drift always makes it land at a stump line, ignoring how hard I'm trying to pitch it outside off.
  • The gameplay modifiers don't appear to stick for any period of time. Maybe they stop working in a different game mode or something.
  • The length of deliveries has no variation. If you select a good length ball, it will land on almost exactly the same length every single time. Try looking at a pitch map on this game, it looks ridiculous. You can only hit 12 different lengths, if you include the length modifiers, which I doubt many people have the knowledge/patience to use anyway.
  • The tour and competition modes don't even have a stats screen or anything

In Patch 3 we trust
Spot on.

How do you hit a six? I don't think I've even been close.
Not sure it's because I am using my guy in career mode who isn't very good.
Tried the precision chip, tried the L2 aggressive shot, tried to charge down the wicket.
I either get a single, a four along the ground, or just lob it in the air for someone to catch it.
Even if I get ideal footwork/timing/shot choice.

OK. I have only completed the first season in club / grade cricket in mycareer.
As you move through the ranks, whereabouts are your season stats in each format kept?
Please tell me that they are around somewhere..?

How do you hit a six? I don't think I've even been close.
Not sure it's because I am using my guy in career mode who isn't very good.
Tried the precision chip, tried the L2 aggressive shot, tried to charge down the wicket.
I either get a single, a four along the ground, or just lob it in the air for someone to catch it.
Even if I get ideal footwork/timing/shot choice.
Yeah I had the same issue hitting a six straight down the ground, no matter what just barely gets outside the inner circle

Looks really stupid when you get everything just right, the batsman looks like he's about to smash it and the ball just lobs straight up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tour and competition modes don't even have a stats screen or anything
Dunno about tour but in competition mode you can access it by pressing either R1 or R2 (I think one is standings and the other is stats). Admittedly I only found that out by accident because it's not written anywhere.

the stats in career mode in '14 is what kept the game interesting long term for me.
Seeing how I improved and progressed over the seasons is essentially the ONLY reason I played the game for the last 2 years.

I can't begin to understand why such a key aspect of a sport like cricket with its roots deeply entrenched in the statistical side of the game would be removed.

Without it, this game is nothing more than a glorified arcade game. A $100 version of Stick Cricket.
Patch 3 is addressing and correcting this issue hopefully.

I'm finding this the most infuriating part of the game. Why would they delete it after having it in DBC14? Don't they know how stats obsessed cricket fans are?!

So many things that were great in DBC14 have been removed. So frustrating.

Things like shirts not being able to have the name under the number, not being able to select your uniforms in anything other than casual mode, not being able to not use team colours on hats, gloves, etc.

I really hope all this stuff is patched in at some point. Like a lot of sports games these days it seems you can just never have it all. "You want some new s**t? Ok but only after we take out a bunch of stuff first."

Still enjoying this game, sure I hope they patch some things but still having fun. Never was good at spin bowling in DBC14 but got a thrill after getting my first hat-trick last night.

I think you can hear the feather on the bat, but I play with music on most of the time so I didn't hear it. Third wicket though, boy was I going to ask the question. The appeal was a tad late and without it I don't think it would have been given out.

Really, just what is this shot?

NPL7Tr5.jpg

First ton in my star career mode with Bancroft (Veteran/Medium). Very impressed with my ability to cash in on South Africa's complete refusal to place a mid on. Rewarding innings.

I had one in career mode where I got a bouncer, tried a massive hook shot but got a top edge, managed to run through for two clear runs in the time the ball was in the air, it was caught at fine leg but I was given not out because they didn't appeal :$:$:$

Also does anyone know what the deal is with the uniforms when downloading teams? I downloaded all the top state teams from the academy but WA and TAS don't have the proper uniforms when I play with them even though the teams on the academy have them?

Also for the BBL downloaded teams all of them still show the default logo except the renegades which somehow worked. Annoying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back