Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea how this happened when the stats were right in DBC 14. I was hoping they would be expanded in 17, I never dreamed this could happen.

Add it to the growing list of things that DBC14 had before getting inexplicably removed for DBC17, along with names underneath numbers, individual kit colourings, the ability to choose what kits to wear, etc.

I'm starting to think big ant have absolutely no idea what they're trying to do with this game

The recent patch has taken it from a game with a few flaws to an absolute mess

Batting in career now seems impossible as everytime I'm at the crease I usually edge it or I tell my batsmen to play a shot that would usually go straight down the ground but now goes off to the side, even though the animation that plays should have him hitting the ball down the ground

Add that on to the fact that every team now has Mitchell Starc on it

On a positive note it is nice to have some power in my shots (can finally hit sixes) and little additions like run rate and projected total is pretty cool

Last edited:
You mean a cricket game has mishits? That is unacceptable, hang everybody responsible for making this game.

The patch hasn't messed anything up, batting is much improved and bowling is very fun.

The only issues I'm seeing from people is stats related, if the only problems are related to stats then I'd say BigAnt is doing a pretty damn good job.

You mean a cricket game has mishits? That is unacceptable, hang everybody responsible for making this game.

The patch hasn't messed anything up, batting is much improved and bowling is very fun.

The only issues I'm seeing from people is stats related, if the only problems are related to stats then I'd say BigAnt is doing a pretty damn good job.
After playing a bit more and getting used to it I'll admit I was a bit harsh but there is still ridiculous edges and shots that aren't mishits they're just the game completely miss reading where the ball should go

But overall I'm enjoying batting in the new patch I think for me at least it just required a bit of re-learning how to bat

After playing a bit more and getting used to it I'll admit I was a bit harsh but there is still ridiculous edges and shots that aren't mishits they're just the game completely miss reading where the ball should go

But overall I'm enjoying batting in the new patch I think for me at least it just required a bit of re-learning how to bat
The most frustrating thing about mishits is the large amount that seem to occur when you get 3 Ideals, and often attempting to play safe. Gives me the feeling of predetermination. Like if I'm going to edge one, shouldn't it be the one that I play late, or play the wrong shot?

It's a bit sad how the best field editor in a cricket game was all the way back on Super International Cricket. Drag and drop. Simples.

That game really did a lot right.

If they could somehow import the engine and logic from there, you'd have a bloody good game.

The most frustrating thing about mishits is the large amount that seem to occur when you get 3 Ideals, and often attempting to play safe. Gives me the feeling of predetermination. Like if I'm going to edge one, shouldn't it be the one that I play late, or play the wrong shot?

That's actually one of my favourite elements. Not many cricket games have recognised that the bowler is actually a part of the sport, and their skill actually affects the batsman. Game after game have been so batsman oriented that good footwork and timing always resulted in a boundary.

Now, just like the real game, the batsman might not do much wrong, but a bit of swing/seam can bring about an edge and a wicket, without a clear batsman 'error'.

I have been very happy with the game since the latest patch but here are the things I would like to be further improved.

Spinners used to be able to stop everything. Now they don't seem to be able to stop anything, even if the ball comes right back to them at a nice speed.
Overthrows is still an issue for me.
I have the same issues with setting fields as others have mentioned.
A quick option in game to delete logo data would be great I think.

I'm still disappointed they didn't look at a Scenario/Challenge mode allowing you create your own match situation

Before the release of 17 I'd have thought perhaps some additional features like that were needed, but since it has been released and has gotten so many of the basics wrong I think there are much more important priorities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a different one. Bowling over the wicket with my leg spinner I bowled a left handed batsman. I go and check hawk eye but it has it missing the stumps! Unless it was a fine inside edge or something on the way through but it didn't look like it in the replay.
It happened again. Next time you bowl a batsman with a spinner check hawkeye

When setting up your career, at the club select screen press Y (Xbox)/ Triangle (PS4) to edit a club team or X (Xbox) / Square (PS4) to create your own custom club. From there you can assign uniforms, stadiums and identity information.
So what's going on with the stats?

In my career John Hastings is playing for Victoria and Queensland. Nathan Rimmington is playing for Western Australia and Queensland. At first I thought they were duplicate players but when I checked the season stats there was only one John Hastings and one Nathan Rimmington and it said they had played 20 matches in the season (when there are only 10 shield games a season).

There could be something wrong with the linking in the teams I got from get best.

In my career John Hastings is playing for Victoria and Queensland. Nathan Rimmington is playing for Western Australia and Queensland. At first I thought they were duplicate players but when I checked the season stats there was only one John Hastings and one Nathan Rimmington and it said they had played 20 matches in the season (when there are only 10 shield games a season).

There could be something wrong with the linking in the teams I got from get best.
Yeah, that's an issue with the highest ranking teams in get best

Maybe this is only on PC, or only female off pin in career mode, but I can't imagine why.

After a stumping the batsmen have changed ends. I could almost understand it on a run out where the batsmen hadn't crossed that it might be missed in coding and testing, its probably not something that would come up that often. But surely somebody play-tested as a spin bowler.

Maybe this is only on PC, or only female off pin in career mode, but I can't imagine why.

After a stumping the batsmen have changed ends. I could almost understand it on a run out where the batsmen hadn't crossed that it might be missed in coding and testing, its probably not something that would come up that often. But surely somebody play-tested as a spin bowler.
This happened to me on xbox one. The spin bowler bowled a wide, but I was out of my crease and almost got stumped. It went to the third umpire, was given not out, and next ball I was at the non-strikers end!

This happened to me on xbox one. The spin bowler bowled a wide, but I was out of my crease and almost got stumped. It went to the third umpire, was given not out, and next ball I was at the non-strikers end!

Yep, this exact situation happened to me on PS4 so it's definitely not exclusive to any one system. It didn't bother me too much though - minor issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back