Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Who is stiff not to make the list?

• Jake Pitman

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Declan Watson

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Ben Long

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Jamie Hampton

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Callum Brown

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Jarrod Korehwa

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Mitch McCarthy

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Kim LeBois

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Quinton Narkle

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

would be nice if he can have a 4-3cm growth and become a true KPF.

would be nice if he can have a 4-3cm growth and become a true KPF.
You never know but I could understand why you would pass on him, seems you need some more top line midfielders to help out Priddis and Shuey so could see you going midfielders early especially when this draft is full of them.

You never know but I could understand why you would pass on him, seems you need some more top line midfielders to help out Priddis and Shuey so could see you going midfielders early especially when this draft is full of them.
yeah but if he does keep this form up, we might be stupid to overlook him.

Hey mate, just wondering what you find special about 39. Louis Pinnuck VIC?? . He's from my area, and you seem to be the only one who has him at all in their power rankings.

Hey mate, just wondering what you find special about 39. Louis Pinnuck VIC?? . He's from my area, and you seem to be the only one who has him at all in their power rankings.
Liked a few little things he did in the champs and was supper impressed seeing him last week. His kicking was exceptional and showed great courage at times aswel getting crunched by Battle and wore the hit well. He is a good mover, nice size and good kick so I see him as definetley draftable.

Liked a few little things he did in the champs and was supper impressed seeing him last week. His kicking was exceptional and showed great courage at times aswel getting crunched by Battle and wore the hit well. He is a good mover, nice size and good kick so I see him as definetley draftable.

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with his game from the champs... But him at TAC level is amazing. He's amazing by foot like you said. Hope he does get drafted. Young gun from Strathy deserves it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressive performance from Sandringham they didn't let up all game and just dominated everywhere on the ground. First I'll name some lesser known players who impressed. Darcy James(defender), Josh Trew(wing) Corey Lyons(midfield) Reuben Hayward(defence) Hamish Brayshaw(forward) Liam Murphey(wing) Harrison Burt(wing/forward) Ari Sakeson(defender) Kye Beveridge (midfield) Lachlan Filipovic(ruck) and Isaac Morrisby(key forward 2017). For Bendigo their best where Lochie OBrien(midfeild 2017) Kane Farrell(midfeild 2017) Jordan Rasengan(forward) Riley Saunders(forward) and Atley who got better as the game went on but his skills where very poor, he works hard though and did some tough things. I'll go into detail about McGrath, Setterfield, Scrimshaw, Taranto and Florent a bit later on but all should go top 20 although Florent would be on the fringe of 20. I'll be updating again after next week but expect to see McGrath, Setterfield and Lyons to go up

Hey guys thought I would have a go I wanted to wait awhile but want to get a rough one out there for now, ill add more player profiles as the days go. Im not certain on what happens with where picks get allocated for Academy/FS picks so if things don’t look right there im sorry :p

There are a lot of players I like that haven’t made it into the 3rd round of the draft but ill write some player profiles for those players aswell. Any questions on certain players ask away, ive seen certain players more than others so will have a better opinion on those players.

There are a lot of players I would take in the 3rd round that didn't make the list so just because I don't include them doesn't mean I don't rate them but feel free to argue where certain players should go :p Enjoy the read!

First Round

Pick 1 - Essendon - Hugh McCluggage VIC

The most consistent player this year he averages 29 touches and 2 goals a game. Classy player with silky hands at ground level and above his head. He thinks ahead of the play which sees him get involved in a lot of end to end ball work. His ability to get a lot of the footy, use it well and kick goals makes him hard to pass at for Pick 1.

Pick 2 - Gold Coast(Bid) - Jack Bowes QLD

Bowes is an inside midfielder who is incredible in traffic. Very similar to Pendelbury in the midfield his clean hands and skills stand out and can also go forward to great effect being very decent overhead. Will be bid on early no doubt.

Pick 3 - Brisbane - Andrew McGrath VIC

My bolter but he has everything you could want in a midfielder: Speed, Clean, Tough, Versatile and is a great leader. I have no doubts he will be a gun midfielder at AFL level and his speed is something Brisbane desperately needs.

Pick 4 - Fremantle - Sam Petrevski-Seton WA

They could go tall but with McCarthy and potentially Lobb coming they could resist biting the bullet with Marshall and go the safe option with SPS. Much like Cyril his evasiveness, speed and elite disposal make him a very dangerous player and can also do the hard stuff he isn’t just an outside running player.

Pick 5 - Richmond - Will Brodie VIC

Richmond will be licking their lips at seeing Brodie sleep to them. He is exactly what they need a hard and classy inside mid who can play AFL straight away. He is creative by hand and is extremely motivated and should have a long and successful career for the tigers.

Pick 6 - GWS Giants(Bid) – Will Setterfield NSW

Expect a bid from any team in the top 10 who needs an inside mid. Much like Brodie but a bit quicker at the expense of not being as skilful he is still a top prospect who plays inside but knows how to find the footy on the outside and sneak forward for goals.

Pick 7 - Carlton – Ben Ainsworth VIC

With the quality tall inside mids already gone I feel Blues will go best available and Ainsworth is just that. An explosive small forward with the potential of being the best in the comp. Elite user of the ball and call also play midfield when required.

Pick 8 - GWS Giants(Bid) - Harry Perryman NSW

Versatile midfielder in a similar mould to Jimmy Bartel he is a good user of the footy with great courage and mix of inside and outside. A great mark and by all accounts a top young person

Pick 9 - Gold Coast - Tim English WA

Talented tall with freakish foot skills for his size, Good decision maker and reader of the play he has played a lot of ruck but I see him as a future CHB. His height, foot skills and marking ability would suit the position perfectly.

Pick 10 - Port Adelaide - Daniel Venables VIC

Powerful forward who has shown some exciting stints in the midfield he looks like Dangerfield sometimes in his attack on the footy and impressive speed for his size. Hasn’t shown the consistency for midfield but the upside is too much to pass on here.

Pick 11 - St Kilda - Jordan Gallucci VIC

Fast line breaking midfielder with a booming kick. Takes the game on with his pace and long kicks is more outside can play inside when required. Adds some more speed to the saint’s team adding to an ever impressive midfield group.

Pick 12 - Gold Coast(Bid) - Brad Scheer QLD

Contested midfielder who gets involved all over the ground and dangerous when moved forward. Good user with decent speed and agility and has a knack of getting free kicks getting first to the ball.

Pick 13 - North Melbourne - Jonty Scharenberg SA

Classy midfielder who can play both inside and outside he comes from good pedigree and has great footy smarts and clean work in traffic. Isnt to shabby up forward either is almost a complete midfielder.

Pick 14 - West Coast - Sam Powell-Pepper WA

Pacey inside midfielder who can play forward to good effect. Runs hard with elite endurance and takes the game on at every chance. Kicking can be an issue but can be worked on. His qualities are too good not to take early.

Pick 15 - Western Bulldogs - Jack Scrimshaw VIC

Athletic tall defender who moves well in traffic and is a good user by hand with very good speed for his size. Can be lazy with kicks at times but is super talented and shouldn’t slide much further than this.

Pick 16 - GWS Giants - Josh Rotham WA

Fast rebounding tall defender who is more suited to the Josh Gibson role. His intercept marking and speed are standout qualities and is generally a safe user out of defence. Has the ability to play midfield and forward as well.

Pick 17 - Hawthorn - Todd Marshall VIC

The big slider his marking is great along with his work at ground level. Super clean and good user of the ball with great forward’s nouse. He is hard to place and only slides this far due to teams earlier not being desperate for talls with next year having a bumper crop.

Pick 18 - GWS Giants - Jarrod Berry VIC

Hard to place. Rebounding defender who can play midfield and forward as well. Good size and can play inside and outside and shows good decision making and marking. His under-age champs where outstanding but has been lacklustre this year but his best is exceptional and GWS should take the punt here.

Pick 19 - GWS Giants(Bid) - Harrison Macreadie NSW

Looked like a very high pick before the champs but like many didn’t live up to expectations. Much like Scrimshaw he moves well for his size and is a good interceptor but when made to play man on man hasn’t quite done so well. His athleticism and footy smarts are great so a lot to work with.

Pick 20 - GWS Giants(Bid) - Kobe Mutch NSW

Ball magnet who can play both inside and outside. Safe user of the footy who doesn’t try to do too much. Doesn’t hurt with disposal enough to go any higher than here but should add a lot to the midfield in a few years.

Pick 21 - Adelaide - Oliver Florent VIC

Classy forward who can play midfield. His marking and clean hands are his standout qualities for his size and uses the footy very well. Similar to Zac Merrett but a bit more outside at the moment but has the potential to become more inside with a few years at AFL level.

Pick 22 - Sydney - Tim Taranto VIC

Agile forward who is a great mark and moves well in congestion. His mark and leap make him dangerous forward and is similar to Kyle Langford in the way he plays.

Second Round

Pick 23 - Essendon - Jy Simpkin VIC

Pick 24 - Brisbane - Shai Bolton WA

Pick 25 - Gold Coast - Josh Battle VIC

Pick 26 - Carlton - Dylan Clarke VIC

Pick 27 - Collingwood - Will Drew VIC

Pick 28 - West Coast(Bid) - Jake Waterman WA

Pick 29 - Melbourne - Hamish Brayshaw VIC

Pick 30 - North Melbourne - Brodie Romensky VIC

Pick 31 - Gold Coast - Griffen Logue WA

Pick 32 - Brisbane(Bid) - Jacob Allison QLD

Pick 33 - Western Bulldogs - Patrick Kerr VIC

Pick 34 - Hawthorn - Zac Fisher WA

Pick 35 - Geelong - Sam Walker SA

Pick 36 - Sydney - Taylin Duman VIC

Third Round

Pick 37 - Essendon - Zac Sproule (GWS don’t match bid) NSW

Pick 38 - Geelong - Jack Graham SA

Pick 39 - Fremantle - Nick Larkey VIC

Pick 40 - Gold Coast - Luke Ryan VIC

Pick 41 - Gold Coast(Bid) - Josh Williams QLD

Pick 42 - Richmond - Kayle Kirby VIC

Pick 43 - Carlton - Luke Bunker VIC

Pick 44 - Collingwood - Cedric Cox VIC

Pick 45 - Melbourne - Jack Maibaum VIC

Pick 46 - Port Adelaide - Steven Slimming SA

Pick 47 - St Kilda - Joe Atley VIC

Pick 48 - Brisbane - Reece Piper VIC

Pick 49 - West Coast - Myles Poholke VIC

Pick 50 - Collingwood(Bid) - Josh Daicos VIC

Pick 51 - Carlton - Brandon Parfitt NT

Pick 52 - GWS Giants - Alex Villis SA

Pick 53 - Hawthorn - Matt Geulfi WA

Pick 54 - Geelong - Louis Pinnuck VIC

Pick 55 - Adelaide - Brennan Cox SA

Pick 56 - Sydney - Alex Witherden VIC

Last edited:
i like the McGrath pick for us although i would have taken SPS.
your other picks- i also like Bolton with our 2nd pick but would be very tempted to take Drew or Fisher who were still available and with pick 48 i would have taken Parfitt and not Piper.

great effort.:thumbsu:

i like the McGrath pick for us although i would have taken SPS.
your other picks- i also like Bolton with our 2nd pick but would be very tempted to take Drew or Fisher who were still available and with pick 48 i would have taken Parfitt and not Piper.

great effort.:thumbsu:
Couldn't go wrong with either McGrath or SPS I have McGrath ahead for you guys for his leadership abilities and feel he wont be a go home risk.

There is a number of players at your 2nd and 3rd, I went on what I thought your needs would be. Feel you could use Pipers run from the backline over Parfitt who is a poor mans Lewis Taylor. Will take any Lions supporters wishes into account you guys would have a better idea on your needs than I would.

Seems odd passing up Battle at 19, but with Laverde at a similar height you get the feeling we're looking for something taller in a forward.
Fully expect us to trade into the 1st round higher (our second + Hibberd pick + our 3rd for Pick 9) and go for Marshall

Don't see any of the bottom 3 teams bidding on Bowes. GCS should take pick 4 to the draft confident they will a free crack at a player. probably Brodie. Maybe McCluggage

Seems odd passing up Battle at 19, but with Laverde at a similar height you get the feeling we're looking for something taller in a forward.
Fully expect us to trade into the 1st round higher (our second + Hibberd pick + our 3rd for Pick 9) and go for Marshall

Don't see any of the bottom 3 teams bidding on Bowes. GCS should take pick 4 to the draft confident they will a free crack at a player. probably Brodie. Maybe McCluggage
I don't think Battle is quite the type of forward we need id rather Marshall and we can get a taller forward in Sproule later if GWS don't match a bid. Bowes has been kept on the down low but he still a top line prospect and don't think Brisbane will hesitate to make a bid when there is no way that Gold Coast wont match. If GC do get a pick before Bowes it will be Brodie I think.

I don't think Battle is quite the type of forward we need id rather Marshall and we can get a taller forward in Sproule later if GWS don't match a bid. Bowes has been kept on the down low but he still a top line prospect and don't think Brisbane will hesitate to make a bid when there is no way that Gold Coast wont match. If GC do get a pick before Bowes it will be Brodie I think.
be mad not to go whoever is left from Brodie or McCluggage.
I like the idea of Sproule. Seems a good height to play FF for us. Brander is on their radar for 2017 and with their list of talls, reckon they may let him slide.
Hard call on Simpkin v Bolton at 19 then.
Jordan Sweet is another one. Tap ruckman with forward ability.

be mad not to go whoever is left from Brodie or McCluggage.
I like the idea of Sproule. Seems a good height to play FF for us. Brander is on their radar for 2017 and with their list of talls, reckon they may let him slide.
Hard call on Simpkin v Bolton at 19 then.
Jordan Sweet is another one. Tap ruckman with forward ability.
There are a lot of different options we could go for our 2nd and 3rd picks it comes down to what type of player we want and rate enough at those picks. Filipovic could be another late Ruck option to contend with Sweet. I'd go Simpkin over Bolton simply because he is a better user by foot and offers better defencive pressure.

There are a lot of different options we could go for our 2nd and 3rd picks it comes down to what type of player we want and rate enough at those picks. Filipovic could be another late Ruck option to contend with Sweet. I'd go Simpkin over Bolton simply because he is a better user by foot and offers better defencive pressure.
i do to, even with the injury. But we do miss that bit of flair with the ball. I like what i read on Bolton for that. Seems like a later version of SPS/Ainsworth.

i do to, even with the injury. But we do miss that bit of flair with the ball. I like what i read on Bolton for that. Seems like a later version of SPS/Ainsworth.
Simpkin also has a lot of flair with the ball there isn't much quality in the speedy players available after these 2. Maybe Cedric Cox but can only go of reputation, I haven't seen him play in person yet.

interesting you have waterman that high. Seen a few people mention him being a third rounder.

So hope you are correct with Brodie coming to the Tigers. Notice how you slipped in kk with our 3rd pick ...After his5 goal game against Sandy could b a very astute decision. Really hopehe ends up a Tiger
Great job enjoyed reading it

Last edited:
Back