Don Pyke quits. Or did he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Have said this in another thread that until all levels of the club involved in the camp go, they won't move on. Every administrator who approved it, every staff member who spun it etc. The club broadly needs the catharsis of an admission of wrong doing and a public apology. Especially a club with so many fans who think the administration can do no wrong. The Crows would also benefit from reform to the way their directors get appointed but I don't think even Dunstall recommending that as a solution will solve that problem.

You do realise the AFL appoint 7 of the 9 Directors the other two are members voted who at the moment are Ryder and Jamieson

you really are a troll are you?

didnt your mob sack ratten only to get a "superior" coach in mick malthouse? how did that turn out?

Ayres is sacked one year after not making finals. Crows make finals from 2005-9 under neil craig.

Neil Craig gets sacked after failing to not make finals in 2010 and 2011. Crows make finals in 2012 under Brenton Sanderon.

Sanderson is sacked after not making finals in 2013 and 2014. Crows make finals in 2015.

Pyke makes finals in 2016 and 2017. Pyke is then sacked or gone after failing to make finals in 2018 and 2019.

Seems to be a pattern here.

Looks like the next crows coach will guide them to finals in 2020.

You're on crack if you think the Crows will play finals in 2020 . Ita clearly going to be a development season for them in 2020 with so many senior player departures.

You're on crack if you think the Crows will play finals in 2020 . Ita clearly going to be a development season for them in 2020 with so many senior player departures.
they could sneak in with 12 or 13 wins next season.

In 2018, they got 12 wins along wth 3-4 other clubs that season too. 12 wins half of the time is enought to get a spot on the top 8.

they could sneak in with 12 or 13 wins next season.

In 2018, they got 12 wins along wth 3-4 other clubs that season too. 12 wins half of the time is enought to get a spot on the top 8.

Probably have to wait till the end of the draft and trade period to make an accurate assment of their chances in 2020.

Depends on what type of coach they get as well, although there does seem to be slim pickings on the market.

You do realise the AFL appoint 7 of the 9 Directors the other two are members voted who at the moment are Ryder and Jamieson

While technically true, the AFL do 'appoint the Board members', but only after the Recommending Committee comprised of the existing Board members makes a recommendation.

Probably have to wait till the end of the draft and trade period to make an accurate assment of their chances in 2020.

Depends on what type of coach they get as well, although there does seem to be slim pickings on the market.

Would doubt we will be trading too much experience in would suggest will lose Jacobs JJ betts greenwood keath CEY and relying on drafting youth

While technically true, the AFL do 'appoint the Board members', but only after the Recommending Committee comprised of the existing Board members makes a recommendation.

No Doubt someone needs to qualify the applicants or there would be hundreds then its up to the AFL to decide on those soo many allowed through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know Don personally but from all his press conferences and media appearances he seems like a genuine down to earth nice guy. I'm sure he will get another gig somewhere else, maybe not next year but it could be a Brett Ratten type scenario. The man can obviously coach so I think another club would love to jump on him.

Didn't seem to ever backtrack on his failed camp fully, which says a lot

Good coach screwed over buy bad back room staff. I liked him as a coach and was respected. Burton did a lot of the s**t that hurt the club.

We need a complete clean out and to start fresh. New chairman, ceo, and head of football or we will be in same position in 5 years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did not see this coming, but when you look at what is currently going on at the moment with the review, I'm going to hazard a guess that he got a tap on the shoulder and chose to leave on his terms rather than be sacked. Either way, I smell a fat rat.

As much as I hate the AFC with a passion, they should be a much better club than this. Pyke took them to a Grand Final 1.5 years after the Walsh tragedy, given the mental state of the players that's a decent effort.

The controversy and salt that followed the GF Loss is somewhat unforgivable. I hope the review sorts out the bad eggs from the good ones and the club can move in a forward direction.

And yes, I'm well aware of the faults of my own club at the moment. And I'm f***ing furious.

I feel like Pyke is now getting a new wave just because he is the first to go.

There's been more rumours proven right than wrong in the last couple of years with Adelaide. I'm normally pretty cautious about believing the footy rumours but they have got multiple thing, that had denials, right.

So I'm tending towards believing that Pyke had to go, due to some seriously poor decisions that lead to senior players confronting him (And yes, Burton and Fagan). I'm personally going to be surprised if the review finds anything BUT a clean out of some key figures. 1 down, a few to go. Adelaide list can be saved if it happens soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back