• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey man, why you celebrate my misery?
Oh no reason, just paid attention to this board for the past 4 years.

It's like you think everyone has ADD bro.

Good to see that the moral present and former Republicans are on board with the bipartisan inquiry into what caused the disgraceful insurrection.

RNC has lost the House, Senate and WH within a single term, have a former Prez sniping from the sidelines, have 7 party members voting to convict aforementioned former Prez in an impeachment trial.... And yet it's the Dems who are in a ****ed position?

MajorFailingAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

DM MAGA boys - I've got much more pleasurable methods to detach yourself reality.

They really do. Polozi's embarrassing desperate attempt to paint Trump supporters as violent insurrectionists is mainly to deflect the 40% of Americans who think the election was rigged.
You mean the cult members who believe it was rigged because the cult leader said so?

You were expecting him to win in a "landslide" so I guess any excuse is better than admitting you were wrong.

Last edited:
The psychology of the Trump dead-enders is fascinating, assuming they believe a fraction of what they claim to believe and it's not purely performative trolling.

They jumped on board the Trump train initially because he gave them a permission structure for not knowing anything. As I've said many times, if you're the dumbest person in the room and then Trump comes along and says "that's OK", there must be a psychological appeal to that. Indeed, supporting Trump actually turned that stupidity from a liability into an advantage. Not knowing anything was once a weakness but now it's kind of a superpower, making you impervious to facts and reasoning - all you have to do is keep parroting Trump's talking points. For some people, that was a deal too good to refuse.

That's not to say that everyone stuck with him. There were various points over the past four years when people lost faith in the cult leader and slunk away. Still, plenty remained loyal. Just not enough for him to be re-elected.

Which brings us to the events after the election, when Trump sought to subvert the result and suspend democracy for his own ends. If you think liberal democracy is a system worth preserving, surely that would have been a deal-breaker. How does anyone defend that?

Well, that's where the psychological of the dead-end Trump fan kicks in. They are so petrified of admitting they got it wrong, of admitting they were played, that they're inclined to defend anything. As long as they don't have to eat humble pie. So when Trump insists the election was rigged, with no evidence, they lap that up. Anything that allows them to defend Trump lying about the result and seeking to overturn it. Because the alternative is admitting that they were wrong all along. The alternative is admitting they got conned. The alternative is going back to being ridiculed, like when they were the dumbest person in the room. At least Trump gives them what they think is a counter-argument. Without him, they never had one.

I mean, look at FireKrakouer or Balls In. They've spent years defending Trump. If they now turned and admitted they were wrong all along, where would that leave them? Being trump fans puts them in a position to say things that shock or irritate others. That is the closest thing these folks get to experiencing power. They can't give that away. That would take them back to being basic imbeciles who everyone ignores and/or ridicules because they don't know anything. They don't want to do that. So instead they'll follow wherever Trump leads because it's better than their alternatives, even if that involves embracing the Big Lie.

Fundamentally, these folks are losers who can't admit it. So they'll embrace anything that allows them to keep insisting they didn't actually lose.

The psychology of the Trump dead-enders is fascinating, assuming they believe a fraction of what they claim to believe and it's not purely performative trolling.

They jumped on board the Trump train initially because he gave them a permission structure for not knowing anything. As I've said many times, if you're the dumbest person in the room and then Trump comes along and says "that's OK", there must be a psychological appeal to that. Indeed, supporting Trump actually turned that stupidity from a liability into an advantage. Not knowing anything was once a weakness but now it's kind of a superpower, making you impervious to facts and reasoning - all you have to do is keep parroting Trump's talking points. For some people, that was a deal too good to refuse.

That's not to say that everyone stuck with him. There were various points over the past four years when people lost faith in the cult leader and slunk away. Still, plenty remained loyal. Just not enough for him to be re-elected.

Which brings us to the events after the election, when Trump sought to subvert the result and suspend democracy for his own ends. If you think liberal democracy is a system worth preserving, surely that would have been a deal-breaker. How does anyone defend that?

Well, that's where the psychological of the dead-end Trump fan kicks in. They are so petrified of admitting they got it wrong, of admitting they were played, that they're inclined to defend anything. As long as they don't have to eat humble pie. So when Trump insists the election was rigged, with no evidence, they lap that up. Anything that allows them to defend Trump lying about the result and seeking to overturn it. Because the alternative is admitting that they were wrong all along. The alternative is admitting they got conned. The alternative is going back to being ridiculed, like when they were the dumbest person in the room. At least Trump gives them what they think is a counter-argument. Without him, they never had one.

I mean, look at FireKrakouer or Balls In. They've spent years defending Trump. If they now turned and admitted they were wrong all along, where would that leave them? Being trump fans puts them in a position to say things that shock or irritate others. That is the closest thing these folks get to experiencing power. They can't give that away. That would take them back to being basic imbeciles who everyone ignores and/or ridicules because they don't know anything. They don't want to do that. So instead they'll follow wherever Trump leads because it's better than their alternatives, even if that involves embracing the Big Lie.

Fundamentally, these folks are losers who can't admit it. So they'll embrace anything that allows them to keep insisting they didn't actually lose.
I'm happy with my psychological thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tldr

Haha now Polozi is pushing for a 9/11 style investigation into the security breach. You can't make this up. She rush impeached Trump with no investigation for political reasons. For political reasons then abandoned the senate trial like a hot potato when the defense threatened to call witnesses (including Polozi herself). Now they want an investigation?

Ohh this is MAGA level at least 8 or 9.

FK - you need more content like this to boost your rating.

Haha well that didn't take long, it's on!

So much gold in there

From the guy that pretty much sabotaged his own candidates in Georgia run-off lolz

Haha and where would the voters have got that idea from Don, do you think? :tearsofjoy:

Give the guy back his twitter, stat :tearsofjoy:

That’s hilarious.

Blames Mitch for being minority leader now? Though I am sure many Trump cult members would agree, even though the whole thing is on Trump really.

Also Stacey Abrams did a great job with voter registration which helped federal election and then senate run off.

Did you like it when RWers tried to cancel "french fries"?

Would the mischievous new right have been on board with that?

Whatever FK thinks this mischievous new right is, Trump and the republicans certainly ain’t it.

Though there is no mischievous new right, there is an alt right, and people doing mental gymnastics to somehow try and pretend their not racist/misogynist jerks, “ah it’s all jokes”, “I’m just telling it like it is” etc.

Great post, unfortunately I see parallels in relatives of mine who have gone down the Trump fandom path (only a couple).

One of them seems just determined to have an opposing view of everything, hates republicans but likes Trump, would of wanted Bernie to win, but didn’t want Biden to, so wanted Trump instead. Claims proud boys aren’t racists yada yada yada.

In real terms I think their someone who’s a racist who is trying to do mental gymnastics to make out they aren’t.

The other is someone never invested in politics before, and lockdown happened, suddenly Dan Andrews is hated, Trump is great, Biden is a pedo, everyone overreacting to covid, must be a mass cover up etc and I’m like “wtf”, then I did a bit of research to what was going on, and how covid had been a lightning rod for a wide disparate bunch of conspiracy views, and people with too much time on their hands. (And many most wouldn’t even know what qanon is, even if many of the theories originate there)

The 2nd one id put in that category of always feeling left out previously re political debate suddenly thought they had discovered the truth, and everyone else was just believing what the government told them.

Back